IGNORED

Ashton Gate/rugby.

marmite

Just to make a change from all the negativity on this forum, has anyone else heard that the plans to redevelop AG are being dusted off and that the egg chasers are joining us, possibly as early as next season? I heard this from a good source and NO, I can't tell you who.

always take "in the know" sources with a pinch of salt when it comes to AV as there has been so many false dawns in the past,

the ruggers was always on the cards to play here we pretty much know that when lansdown took over them,

I'll wait for the club to announce somthing as with the redvlopment there will be a large cash shortfall as sainsburys goes out of the window

It would need a healthy investment in the pitch and possibly under soil heating should we end up staying at AG but yes, all the new purpose built stadiums that share with Rugby clubs seem to cope ok with it, shit pits like the Memorial stadium (and perhaps Watford) that have had no money spent on it are the ones that struggle

the pitch will be fine and can support both,

The problem rovers get is the ground is on a high water table and takes a lot longet to draibn (why they get a water logged pitch more then us), it also doesn't see the sun all day so takes longer to recover,

The drainage is fantastic at ashton gate is also in the sun almost all of the day so the recovery time is a hell of a lot shorter,

The pitch would never be a problem,

we also happen to have one of the best groundsman outside of the top 4 which helps alot and is the reason why the Ashton Gate pitch (little mud in the goal mouth and left corner flag at the atyeo end aside) is as green and playable after 30 games as it is after 1

Just to make a change from all the negativity on this forum, has anyone else heard that the plans to redevelop AG are being dusted off and that the egg chasers are joining us, possibly as early as next season? I heard this from a good source and NO, I can't tell you who.

Are you shagging Ross Crail?

As in just a new pitch for egg chasers? Or forget AV and total refurb of AG (Which would mean 2 stands). OR will plans be put out again, and then the whole idea delayed for another 10 years due to financing :)

give us some more inside info!

Archived