IGNORED

Positive Post!

CIDER NOT CIDRE

Ive been looking at all the posts and there are literally no positive posts and I can see why with the football we're playing and where we are in the league but I thought I'd try and lighten the mood a bit!!!

- We have the most goals in the league scored for and against.

- At Ashton Gate you see the most goals in the league.

- We have a good strike force when Del chooses the correct ones.

- Our keepers are good.

- We survived a similiar position last season.

- We are better than the Gas.

- errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.

To be honest there really isn't much actually to be positive about and I had to think really hard to find anything so I've probably not been true to my Topic Title and my promise to lighten the mood.

Please someone say something else positive because as a whole we need some positives to lift the mood a bit around the club!!! :surrender::yahoo:

I'll possibly get shouted down for this but I genuinely believe we have a much stronger squad than last season. OK, it's certainly got some gaping holes in the defence and midfield that are causing a lot of our problems but I genuinely believe there are the shoots of something which someone could work with and get us up the table. I still hope that person is Del but, even if that ultimately proves not to be the case then, although you can certainly criticise him for not strengthening some key areas (though Lord knows there were so many key areas that needed strengthening...) I do think we're in a better position squad-wise than when he arrived...

I'll possibly get shouted down for this but I genuinely believe we have a much stronger squad than last season. OK, it's certainly got some gaping holes in the defence and midfield that are causing a lot of our problems but I genuinely believe there are the shoots of something which someone could work with and get us up the table. I still hope that person is Del but, even if that ultimately proves not to be the case then, although you can certainly criticise him for not strengthening some key areas (though Lord knows there were so many key areas that needed strengthening...) I do think we're in a better position squad-wise than when he arrived...

I think most people agree that some of his signings have been good. Just as you say a huge gaping hole in the middle of the park, which all could see but wasn't strengthened, but money spent on forwards instead.

If we survive this season, and we can get a cm and cb we will be a strong side. Just need two of each for if signings got injured back to square one again.

I won the euro-millions last week and have bought a time machine. I have gone back in time and kidnapped some former players. They are available for Birmingham tomorrow as long as Scotty gets their kit ready in time.

Tomorrow's line up will be:

Basso (we need someone who will believe)

Terry Cooper, Billy Wedlock, Shaun Taylor, Mickey Bell

Murray, Gow, Tinnion, Walsh

Super Bob and John Atyeo

Subs: Dzienowski, Cole, Whitehead, Sweeney, Jordan, Cashley, and Lee Johnson :read:

I have also bought my play-off final ticket so I dont have to go through ticketshafter again. If anyone else wants one let me know and I will go and get you one... We win 5-0 against Cardiff in case anyone wants to know.

I'll shut the door on the way out.... :help:

you could of bought the club. then spend the rest of the money on Dawson, Caulker, Kaka and Frimpong. Then sell the club when you run out of money. Seems a much better idea than going back in time. This will benefit us in the long run.

Alan Dicks didnt want them, said he had never heard of them...

OK, staying positive as is the point of the OP - that's hard to do right now, as we all know, but I'll give it a go.

1) Cunningham will be back from injury in a few weeks. I thought he was massive for us early season and hopefully he can link up well with Woolford again when he comes back.

2) It's only early November. Loads of games to come to put things right, although I still think we are headed for another relegation battle at the end of end of the season.

3) Our front line is looking good. We just need to shore up the defence - as everyone on here agrees.

4) Mcinnes will see out this season at least - forget the sacking rubbish. I will put my neck on the block and say that DMC will keep us up again and then go on to become a long serving manager for us.

5) I may come to regret posting point 4. But I doubt it.

OK, staying positive as is the point of the OP - that's hard to do right now, as we all know, but I'll give it a go.

1) Cunningham will be back from injury in a few weeks. I thought he was massive for us early season and hopefully he can link up well with Woolford again when he comes back.

2) It's only early November. Loads of games to come to put things right, although I still think we are headed for another relegation battle at the end of end of the season.

3) Our front line is looking good. We just need to shore up the defence - as everyone on here agrees.

4) Mcinnes will see out this season at least - forget the sacking rubbish. I will put my neck on the block and say that DMC will keep us up again and then go on to become a long serving manager for us.

5) I may come to regret posting point 4. But I doubt it.

Good post.. I would argue point three by saying if we had a stronger midfield then the defence may not be so weak, but thats not positive so I wont... I agree with point 4 though!!!

You ought to be on the stage were you there on Saturday.

We're Bristol City fans - and that still means something, actually quite a lot, to me. Even at times like these, when the results aren't flowing, I am quite happy to stand up and be counted as a fan of City - why? because there are many things that I love about the club:

1. City fans represent Bristol not just the football team - and when we are doing well the whole city is lifted. I work in London quite a lot, and when making 'pleasant conversation' with city types I NEVER feel the urge to say I'm a Chelski, Arsenal or Spurs fan - I am fiercely proud of being a City fan - home club, real, lifelong fans;

2. AG - still get a buzz walking in the place - yes, i get a stiff neck from looking around a pillar, and comfort levels, generally, are pretty low - but it has a 'feel' about it that many 'bowls' just dont;

3. When the EE is on form, they're very amusing - must be the deadpan, barbed, bristol humour;

3. We're in the championship - and anyone who knows anything about english football knows this is a bloody tough league with no guarantees;

4. We have some quality players - notably DMC's additions this season + albert.

None of the above means that I agree with everything (or anything) that the Board / DMC decide, and I'm hurting at the moment - but in the grand scheme of things, I'm enjoying the trip as much as always!!

Nah mate I agree with you in that our squad looks stronger but unfortuanately the league seems stronger this season!!

All bad runs like this change eventually. It will only have to happen once to put a whole new feeling amongst the faithful. It could well be tonight. If it isn't then it may well be Saturday. In any event, we have a better squad than last year and a better manager than before. This bad run will change.... eventually!

Sunday but yeh I agree with you, bad runs always end.

Archived