IGNORED

Nigel Atkins

Cardy

Adkins even managed to get the best out of Woolford. He must be a footballing genius!!!

Play someone like Cunningham behind Woolford, who will bring the ball out of our half, play link-ups and bring Wooly into the game and you'll get the best out of him. Lump balls at the back of his head and you won't.

Play someone like Cunningham behind Woolford, who will bring the ball out of our half, play link-ups and bring Wooly into the game and you'll get the best out of him. Lump balls at the back of his head and you won't.

Dead right. Massive reason for our current woes, and no co-incidence that it's all fallen apart since Cunningham's injury.

Spot on, and I think Del knows that. After Cunningham's injury, Woolford hasn't featured much.

Losing Cunningham has affected the team in at least 3 ways. Firstly we have lost a classy left back, as already mentioned he was able to bring the best out of Woolford. As teams playing us at that time had something they haven't expected from us for many seasons ie a threat down the left, they couldn't put 4 players on Albert as soon as he had a sniff of the ball, consequently the pressure was off of him as our (previously) only real threat fromthe flanks, and he was back to some of his best form relishing his new-found freedom.

So 3 key positions have been seriously affected by the loss of a classy left back, and the performances and results since the Peterborough game have just sapped the confidence of the entire team. Its a similar situation to the Mickey Bell/Tinnion combination under John Ward (promotion season) , they were such a handful down the left and we had Goodridge and Scotty exploiting space on the right. Yes I know we were still conceding too many goals even in our decent run, but his loss has really been felt by the whole team.

Respect his record at the Saints but never liked the way he came across in Interviews; somewhat dismissive and antagonistic in a sort of marmitey smarmy type way. Know what I mean? .. No?... no me neither really.

Have to agree with you. There's a certain smugness, marketing speak style about him in interviews that irritates me. Good manager though, and should be given time at Saints to turn it around.

And no, he aint gonna be coming here!

If they sack him...then I hope they end up back in League 1.

He has massively over achieved there, and would be a victim of his own success

Over achieved? He spent a lot of money there, 2million for Clyne, 1million for Lambert, 7million for Rodriguez.

I think he is a fantastic manager, but he's done what Lambert done with Norwich, Holloway done with Blackpool etc.

Snap him up if we could though!

And also exposes a huge lack of depth in our squad that we have no adequate cover

Possibly, but it was quite an achievement to sign one decent left back in the Summer, let alone two.

Having two players of the required standard for each position is a luxury clubs in our position can't afford and sometimes you just have to hope that key players don't get injured and, if they do, an adequate backup plan can be made. Losing Cunningham and then Elokobi was unfortunate in the extreme.

Losing Cunningham has affected the team in at least 3 ways. Firstly we have lost a classy left back, as already mentioned he was able to bring the best out of Woolford. As teams playing us at that time had something they haven't expected from us for many seasons ie a threat down the left, they couldn't put 4 players on Albert as soon as he had a sniff of the ball, consequently the pressure was off of him as our (previously) only real threat fromthe flanks, and he was back to some of his best form relishing his new-found freedom.

So 3 key positions have been seriously affected by the loss of a classy left back, and the performances and results since the Peterborough game have just sapped the confidence of the entire team. Its a similar situation to the Mickey Bell/Tinnion combination under John Ward (promotion season) , they were such a handful down the left and we had Goodridge and Scotty exploiting space on the right. Yes I know we were still conceding too many goals even in our decent run, but his loss has really been felt by the whole team.

Without doubt Cunningham was a player City just couldn't afford to lose watching Albert @ Huddersfield i couldn't help thinking i'd rather Cunningham or Davies were fit and Albert was nursing a knock for a few matches....Jon Stead was better out wide than Albert the days of a Martin Scott / Darren Barnard/and especially Micky Bell not only defending but attacking from the back are long gone..

Foster,Fontaine,Briggs,Nyatanga and Wilson are defenders and that's it at least Louis would take the ball forward and pass it now its just thump it because they don't want the fan's on their back trying to link the play up and being shut down and losing the ball..

Saturday's match felt like going through the motions of 90 minutes no urgency and 1 great save in injury time to show for an entire game of football....

Until Greg Cunningham returns the class just isn't there...

Archived