IGNORED

Old City Photographs

T R

!B2ceM5wBGk~$(KGrHqR,!hoE)702rGnlBMijn5eI-g~~_12.JPG

Hi I just wondered if any of you guys recognize any of these players from 69/70 season? The only one I recognize is Chris Garland sat at the front to the left?

Can you put names to faces? This is a couple of seasons before I went regularly from 74 onwards.

I saw this photo on ebay earlier, there is a very good seller, selling Bristol City football memorabilia, there are some really good team photographs on there for those who are interested in collecting programmes etc, well worth a look!

http://www.ebay.co.u...l city&_sacat=0

My first post but couldn't resist replying as these were my school boy heroes...

backrow: Alec Briggs, Tony Ford, Jack Connor, Mike Gibson, John Galley, Terry Bush, Ken Wimshurst

middle row: Gordon Low (or Parr?), Bobby Kellard?, Gerry Sharp, Trevor Jacobs, Jantzen Derrick, Gordon Parr (or Low?)

front row: Chris Garland, Dickie Rooks, Brian Drysdale, ?

A long time ago, about 1968?

Cheers guys! thanks for the information, I should have got drysdale, I have heard of his name, I think he was a good player?

There seems to have been a lot of changes made in 71 onwards which led to our promotion to the top flight.

P.S. I wish we still had Alan Dicks. With his knowledge he could really help Delboy out.

I can remember watching every single one (OK with one exception) of those players many times, most were with the club for a few seasons, but Malcolm Clark?? just do not remember anything about him, not even the name. Drysdale was the only one to play in the promotion team of 75/76, our regular left back but he only played a few games in the top flight, hardly played after we signed Norman Hunter. And of course Chris Garland re-joined us in our first season back in the top flight.

Not sure that team would whoop our asses thoough, they basicallly did in 68/69 what we have done for the last 2 seasons ie put in some abject performances but just about escaped the drop to the 3rd tier. I remember going to Birmingham away that season, we were a goal down within a minute, lost 2-0 and showed absolutely no fight, spirit or quality, one of the worst no-shows I have ever seen :surrender: (and thats saying something!!) Some things don't change, but lets hope for something better at St Andrews tonight.

I can remember watching every single one (OK with one exception) of those players many times, most were with the club for a few seasons, but Malcolm Clark?? just do not remember anything about him, not even the name. Drysdale was the only one to play in the promotion team of 75/76, our regular left back but he only played a few games in the top flight, hardly played after we signed Norman Hunter. And of course Chris Garland re-joined us in our first season back in the top flight.

Not sure that team would whoop our asses thoough, they basicallly did in 68/69 what we have done for the last 2 seasons ie put in some abject performances but just about escaped the drop to the 3rd tier. I remember going to Birmingham away that season, we were a goal down within a minute, lost 2-0 and showed absolutely no fight, spirit or quality, one of the worst no-shows I have ever seen :surrender: (and thats saying something!!) Some things don't change, but lets hope for something better at St Andrews tonight.

I was there Fred Pickering got the two.

Ah Malcom Clark, nutter. Signed from Baadiff on a free, arrived with a black eye (you can just see it on the photo) a leaving present (apparantley) from one of his team mates! Hardly figuered, then released .

Not many in that photo who would shirk a tackle or jump up and turn their back when being in a defensive wall defending a free kick like most lady boys who play the game these days.

....including John Galley - what a player he was. One of Never to the Darkside's (NTTDs) favourite BCFC players of all time - by what I remember him saying. All that lovely terracing in the background - wasted with bloody seats now planted all over it. :badmood:

Archived