IGNORED

A Nasty Ashton

sglosbcfc

Whatever you think of Del Boy, whatever you think of City's board, whatever you think of the players, whatever you think of some of your fellow supporters, it is vital we are out in force on Sunday. We need to make Ashton Gate a place that Charlton can't wait to get out of (hopefully not with 3 points). We should make it as intimidating as we possibly can and the players need to do their bit by sticking their foot in from the first minute. The last seven games will be quickly forgotten if the fans see the players busting a gut on Sunday and hopefully securing the 3 points.

Of course it is not down to luck, but even Del's biggest critics have to concede the number of injuries this season has been remarkable. We must back City 100% on Sunday, because a defeat doesn't bear thinking about and would leave us cut adrift of safety.

Yes I agree, and we went the last 8 matches undefeated. I think Sunday is probably a last roll of the dice for Del and we should back him and the team 100% for the ninety minutes. If they then let us down they will obviously get pelters on the final whistle. We just shouldn't underestimate how massive this match is, it really could be season defining.

Yes I agree, and we went the last 8 matches undefeated. I think Sunday is probably a last roll of the dice for Del and we should back him and the team 100% for the ninety minutes. If they then let us down they will obviously get pelters on the final whistle. We just shouldn't underestimate how massive this match is, it really could be season defining.

Rememberance sunday, no last post but a bugle call to arms.

Rememberance sunday, no last post but a bugle call to arms.

I like it, 90 minutes of singing your hearts out for the City, if the players and or manager don't respond then they can't complain if they face the wrath of the fans at the end of the game. I for one though think City will respond and will win Sunday. I also think the 'hardcore' 11500 who turn up Sunday will give the team some solid backing. I really hope I am right on this one.

Sunday afternoon footie. Not sure this is going to inspire anyone tbh.

I hope it does but i think Ashton Gate library may well just be on the books come Sunday. ( no pun intended, honest!).

I'm not so sure, only the most committed will turn up, everyone knows how desperate the situation is. Sometimes adversity brings the best out of the fans and the players, here's hoping anyway.

I spoke to three City fans today, one a ST holder who goes to every home game and will be there on Sunday, but also two 'armchair' fans who haven't been to a game this season. Without any encouragement from me they told me they would be there on Sunday, roaring the boys on. I hope this is a sign of the attitude of City followers to this match, let us get along to the gate and roar City to three points.

I'm not so sure, only the most committed will turn up, everyone knows how desperate the situation is. Sometimes adversity brings the best out of the fans and the players, here's hoping anyway.

I guess you're right. Same mentality as last year v Cov for example, just WAY earlier that we're in the shit!!

Good Post Chap...

We have been in freefall many times before, during the dark descent from the old first division to the murky depths of the fourth, GJ's dodgy first ten games and last seasons debacle...to name a few!

But, we are Bristol City just as much as DM, the Players and Staff, and come Sunday afternoon, fresh from a morning of Remembrance of the Few, we have a duty, as the East End, and every other area of AG to do our part and get behind the team for the full ninety whatever happens, and really make the difference.......Always Believe!!

Might be just talk, but I keep bumping into armchair fans and 'occasional' fans who say they will be there on Sunday. Hopefully City supporters who play on a Saturday will take the chance to come along. After Sunday morning football a quick pint and off to the match. This is a hugely important match and as I have said previously it doesn't matter what you think of Del (although great that 85% back him) or certain players, this is the time to unite COYR, Charlton won't know what has hit them.

Excellent post. Said the same myself on twitter a couple of days ago and got a good response.

Too many people demand passion from the players yet dont show any themselves, but I have always found that City players respond to a hostile Ashton Gate and up their game. And before anyone says we pay their wages / they need to earn their money blah blah blah, dont bother as I aint interested. All I want right now is for this club to stay up this season.

Pride, passion, hostility, and belief is needed from the stands and from those on the pitch. We are all in it together and its going to be a bumpy ride....

Archived