IGNORED

Who Wants Is And Why Take It ?

M_Porter

Now im still on the fence regarding should we or should we not get rid of DM.

But we had a healthy debate in the pub tonight and I bought this point up:

After all the manager changes over the last few years, just WHO worth their salt would come to us ?

We see week in week out what goes on, but our perspective managers DON'T all they see is that out turnover of said managers is high !

They don't see the WHY and the HOW we have lost the games just the fact that we are losing and our board are sacking!

If in any other walk of life, I ask you would you take a Managerial job based on the fact that we terminate contracts as quick as we do/have been in recent years ?

You don't ask in M&S why the last bloke got sacked, neither do you ask in BurgerKing do you?

No you just see a high turn over of mangers, give it a miss and go else where, you presume they are just a bad company to work for.

I guess what im trying to to say is that if we don't show commitment to out managerial team be it this one or the next... who the hell worth their salt will come to us, if all they can expect is the sack within 12-18 mths ?

Cheers as always IMO

Mark

Who the hell gave you permission to talk common sense ? :D :D

But you are right, and I cannot see Derek leaving the club - As I said in a few other threads the clubs restructuring from the top down and is trying to become a more professional focused club. It will take time for us to see how this all pans out, but DM is part of it.

It's going to be a tough season - sadly on the back of other poor seasons, with no gurantee that the journey will even be successful - but we have to at least try - the club could not continue as it has lately - and we are still only 2 CBs and a CM away from a decent squad (though it feels like we have said it 10000's of times the last few seasons - if we keep shouting it maybe we will finally see some movement).

Who the hell gave you permission to talk common sense ? :D :D

Yes indeed I can do this sometimes even after the visit to the pub, thank god for the spell checker though hey ;)

bunch of mugs who think city is entitled to be on footballs top table. madness. over half of the people on this forum need their heads checked.

And that comment is relavent to this thread WHY ?

Yes indeed I can do this sometimes even after the visit to the pub, thank god for the spell checker though hey ;)

And that comment is relavent to this thread WHY ?

no idea, just smoked a big fat spliff and am really wondering if i posted on the right thread :) glad you took offence though WHY :)

Now im still on the fence regarding should we or should we not get rid of DM.

But we had a healthy debate in the pub tonight and I bought this point up:

After all the manager changes over the last few years, just WHO worth their salt would come to us ?

We see week in week out what goes on, but our perspective managers DON'T all they see is that out turnover of said managers is high !

They don't see the WHY and the HOW we have lost the games just the fact that we are losing and our board are sacking!

If in any other walk of life, I ask you would you take a Managerial job based on the fact that we terminate contracts as quick as we do/have been in recent years ?

You don't ask in M&S why the last bloke got sacked, neither do you ask in BurgerKing do you?

No you just see a high turn over of mangers, give it a miss and go else where, you presume they are just a bad company to work for.

I guess what im trying to to say is that if we don't show commitment to out managerial team be it this one or the next... who the hell worth their salt will come to us, if all they can expect is the sack within 12-18 mths ?

Cheers as always IMO

Mark

Points noted but, and its a very big one; City have nowhere near the turnover nor the perception of same compared to many other teams; Wilson and GJ were longish term appointments. No manager out of the game or even in the game is going to turn us down if we offer the right terms and the club have clearly shown they do offer decent terms. The fact there has been a little increase in turnover makes not one jot of difference not least because any new manager will negotiate terms that are favourable in the event of failure and sacking; virtually all managers get sacked so its not as if the LMA have no nous nor experience of such matters. And, crucially, BCFC is a very attractive proposition; lets not demean the club in any way shape or form. The plans for the future, the financial stability and backing all add to that attractiveness.

In short, we will have a plethora of applications when there next becomes a vacancy and from quality candidates.

Sweet another clown ;) and as to me taking offence ........ could never happen !

ah, out of my fog my point is - agreeing with you, weirdly. there is a section of city support that think we are entitled to success, big names and big ambition. as you point out, however, no-one in their right mind who is a professional manager recognizes that. it's hocus pocus. we have a hair trigger board, we have a hair trigger support. we deserve what we have, to be frank. I hope that makes my opinion clearer, allow me the chance to get back to the thick fog forming around my head. it has a better chance of working out under derek than any other we might get to replace him.

Points noted but, and its a very big one; City have nowhere near the turnover nor the perception of same compared to many other teams; Wilson and GJ were longish term appointments. No manager out of the game or even in the game is going to turn us down if we offer the right terms and the club have clearly shown they do offer decent terms. The fact there has been a little increase in turnover makes not one jot of difference not least because any new manager will negotiate terms that are favourable in the event of failure and sacking; virtually all managers get sacked so its not as if the LMA have no nous nor experience of such matters. And, crucially, BCFC is a very attractive proposition; lets not demean the club in any way shape or form. The plans for the future, the financial stability and backing all add to that attractiveness.

In short, we will have a plethora of applications when there next becomes a vacancy and from quality candidates.

A very good post, and other's please take note its also relevant to the OP

Whilst I agree with what you have said, I concern myself with the fact that unfortunately we have turned over too many Staff in the past years, and may have a detrimental affect on future appointments, i guess you are correct with the fact that we should and prob are an attractive position for incoming managers, but I worry that if we dont employ someone soon for 2-3 years we will be seen as a transitional club and no one half decent will come....

Having said that im not saying we should get rid of DM but their are a lot starting to turn ( not just on here ) against him, and at the end of the day fan power does speak, just look at Blackburn.

I hope DM sorts its out, but come XMAS if he does go ...just how can we look as serious employers with out recent backgroud

A very good post, and other's please take note its also relevant to the OP

Whilst I agree with what you have said, I concern myself with the fact that unfortunately we have turned over too many Staff in the past years, and may have a detrimental affect on future appointments, i guess you are correct with the fact that we should and prob are an attractive position for incoming managers, but I worry that if we dont employ someone soon for 2-3 years we will be seen as a transitional club and no one half decent will come....

Having said that im not saying we should get rid of DM but their are a lot starting to turn ( not just on here ) against him, and at the end of the day fan power does speak, just look at Blackburn.

I hope DM sorts its out, but come XMAS if he does go ...just how can we look as serious employers with out recent backgroud

92 clubs, all or nearly all positions filled. Check the LMA for managers looking for work.... hundreds. Job supply is woeful compared to employee demand. There will always be a clamour for even the Barnet job. City are in the second tier, one short of the big time with an owner who backs his managers and IS known for not sacking them. Yes OK he is becoming known as well for making wrong choices but that will not stop someone coming one might argue strongly on the contrary; get it right at City and hope we get a new stadium and you potentially have huge latent demand; the proverbial sleeping 'giant' moniker never was more apt than for us; 6th largest city etc etc. Given the right infrastructure and league status we would blow away a lot of teams far higher than us currently in the pyramid, simple math.

As for those other remarks; disagree totally. You are wrong if you think City are not an attractive proposition but I can empathise why you are saying it; cynicism is alive and well in BS3 thanks to our league position and continued false dawns.

p.s. thanks for the compliment.

i'm not sure we're unattractive - we have an owner / backer who constantly funds signings for the manager, bristol is a fantastic city to live in, the new stadium project is at least at some level of progress somewhere, and the youth set-up which mcinnes has introduced seems to be a very good step indeed.

however, having invested all that time and money in his rebuilding philosophy, mcinnes won't be sacked just yet, in my opinion.

Archived