IGNORED

Loans ,loans, Moans

Robiness

Well we might as well as 'why is the transfer window shut?' Why are players unattached?

Do you believe Caulker 'lost it' or 'wasn't much good' too?

Where we went 'wrong' was , for whatever reason, we failed to strengthen areas that had been identified as weak areas for a couple of seasons now. I think Del had targets but the players didn't arrive. Where the blame lies within that needs scrutinising.

as I mentioned last year, the problem with endlessly going to the market for loans is that it undermines what you already have. It's basically telling the other players that they are not good enough for the first team. If that is the case, why are they in the squad? Also, loan players are not playing. They are not generally match fit. Think how many we've had in who have been injured very quickly. Bad luck? Sometimes, but now always.

Premier League teams often loan out younger players to championship sides to gain experience or maintain match fitness ie Rose, Caulker etc. They're not poor palyers, it's a mutually benefiting deal. Also we were forced into emergency loans when Cunningham got injured

were we? was del "forced" not to play bryan, or nyatanga at left back? if he doesn't consider those players to be good enough then he should have sold them over the summer.

was del "forced" to not recall joe edwards, and move wilson or foster across to left back? was he "forced" to not play morris in midfield (again, if not good enough, why sign him?) and not move back skuse (arguably our best right back) or elliot (played an FA cup final at right back) to the right and moved wilson or foster across?

i really don't see how the club was "forced" into signing anyone at all. if we were short at centre back you have to ask why in all the world stewart's contract was paid up without having someone else lined up.

Archived