IGNORED

Birmingham Fans - Not A Nice Bunch

TinnionForEngland

Before the game last night me and three friends were walking across the shops car park next to the ground and about 8 or 9 Birmingham fans starting goading us asking *are you f*cking blues or what?* to which we responded we wern't, they were about to have a pop until we told them not to bother as we were with my friends brother who's only 14 and it's totally out of order, then after the game last night i read on a friends facebook that he and around 8 or 9 other lads had been attacked with snooker cues and baseball bats which only stopped when the police arrived, and they also had their mini-bus tyres slashed, which Del boy and the players helped to pay for so they could return home, i know they didn't leave Birmingham until gone midnight, most hostile fans i've met on an away day i think, t*ssers.

Yea I seen this on twitter didn't Scott Murray and delboy give them £300? Nice gesture. First time I've been to st Andrews thought the atmosphere they created was poor and the whole place not intimating atall was shocked when I heard about the mini bus, went for a few pints in the cricketers everyone was friendly enough and chatting to us when they heard our accents,

Nasty. Always a bad minority among any club but harsh to brand them as a whole.

You didn't smash up Amici's bar but would be a bit unfair to be branded a nasty bit of work by a Forest fan.

As an aside, what a fantastic gesture by the club to help out those fans with the mini bus. No doubt be lost in all that sack the manager/board/groundsman posts over the coming days.

As an aside, what a fantastic gesture by the club to help out those fans with the mini bus. No doubt be lost in all that sack the manager/board/groundsman posts over the coming days.

Agreed, what a great gesture from Derek & Scotty.

Just a shame this won't be noticed by the majority.

You didn't smash up Amici's bar but would be a bit unfair to be branded a nasty bit of work by a Forest fan.

I did smash it up? :whistle: (That's a joke by the way!!!)

I know they are not all bad, probably just been lucky to of not seen too much of that sort of thing before really.

Why does football still attract these moronic thugs?

Heartwarming generous gesture from Del and Scotty - though I suspect the character assassinations of Del will continue.

What I find so striking is how come the those with such vehement views on team management and selection aren't currently managing football league clubs - surely their knowledge and arrogant belief should have club owners clambering for this expertise?

They have never been nice I can remember as a 15 year old back in 76/77 I think going there losing 3 nil and having to stay out of trouble in Brum before I could even get in the ground and once inside people were kicking you in the backs of the legs very scarey. I must have been very naive then as that season I ended up in the chicken run at West Ham and made the massive mistake of cheering when we scored. Happy days

Why does football still attract these moronic thugs?

Heartwarming generous gesture from Del and Scotty - though I suspect the character assassinations of Del will continue.

What I find so striking is how come the those with such vehement views on team management and selection aren't currently managing football league clubs - surely their knowledge and arrogant belief should have club owners clambering for this expertise?

People may be having a go at del concerning his coaching ability, I don't think I have seen anyone have pop at Del on a personal level.

So yes I expect there to be continual comments about Del's managerial credentials, and when has lending someone £300 ever meant you were a good manager?

As for making the point about those having a pop not being managers, a few more defeats, nor will Del!

People may be having a go at del concerning his coaching ability, I don't think I have seen anyone have pop at Del on a personal level.

So yes I expect there to be continual comments about Del's managerial credentials, and when has lending someone £300 ever meant you were a good manager?

As for making the point about those having a pop not being managers, a few more defeats, nor will Del!

Agreed! Millen's always seemed a nice fella as a man, less impressive considerably as a manager........

Redfreak doesn't post facts, it's just an excuse to rant about thugs and bullies, while making subtle hints at a troubled childhood as a justification for this moral crusade.

Well it's always the minority that make it worse for all...............

Do not be too surprised that other teams "lads" come looking for us when we play them at the moment ..........the recent behaviour of some of our so called "fans" is bound to make others of same ilk think BCFC are all "up for it" and attract that kind of reaction

From what I read before the game they are notorious for doing over minibuses by slashing tyres. I had no agg and surprised to hear that someone else did. They didn't appear to have any lads out for the games apart from a group of 10 to our right...

I spent a few years in Birmingham in the nineties, Blues and Wolves were always the Neanderthals and Villa and West Brom fairly decent people. Will never forget walking through the Bull Ring on a snowy winter day, in the days everyone had those identikit black wooly hats with their football team name written in script across the front.

Mine said Bristol City FC, and this knuckle dragger walked towards me wearing the same hat with Birmingham City FC written in Blue. He grunted and then goes "There's only one City in..." paused, and realised this sentence was not going to end well, looked like he had confused himself, grunted again, then stormed off in embarrassment.

Summed up the intelligence of an awful lot of people up there.

Hi Guys

I'm a Birmingham City fan and I run a blog. I wanted to just post that I'm sorry that you experienced this on Tuesday. I can assure you that we aren't all thugs or hooligans, but unfortunately we do still have an element who insist living in the dark ages.

I was in a pub on Saturday enjoying a pint with 3 Ipswich fans prior to the game, along with a bunch of others. I know it doesn't change the experience you had, but I just wanted you to know that the MAJORITY of Blues fans are pretty hacked off when we hear about this sort of thing. It was bought to my attention that a few cars were damaged too.

I guess this could be taken the wrong way, but I hope it isn't and I hope that the next time you visit St Andrews the experience will be a better one off the pitch. (Obviously not on it!)

Anyway thank you for the opportunity to post.

Went to Birmingham game last season. Drank in one of their pubs, I had the only city shirt to be seen on, ...no problem. After the game we went back to the pub and had their fans shaking my hand and saying good game great fans. May be I was just lucky but I think

their fans are better than most.

birmingham has always been a hard day out but there you go, to tar all their fans with the same brush is grossly unfair, not to say hypocritical judging by the reception some people get from our very own military wing. that's football, and on the whole it's easy to avoid trouble if you're not that way inclined. there'll always be instances when the innocent are caught up, but that's a dwindling phenomena. And to be fair, while I'm no thug myself, I think a bit of needle and butterflies adds to the whole football experience - clearly that's not an opinion that'll go down well with many, but hey ho.

It has also been posted here - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Players-whip-round-helps-stranded-fans/story-17263506-detail/story.html

Some areas in Bham are pretty rough having graduated at Aston. Last time I was there (talking a few years back) - Me and a mate circled the stadium looking for the right stand in our City shirts and eventually got in the stadium without a problem! What their so called fans did was out of spiteful! Although, the club did keep them shelterd while waiting for the mechanic to arrive - that was a kind gesture. Kudos!!

Hi Guys

I'm a Birmingham City fan and I run a blog. I wanted to just post that I'm sorry that you experienced this on Tuesday. I can assure you that we aren't all thugs or hooligans, but unfortunately we do still have an element who insist living in the dark ages.

I was in a pub on Saturday enjoying a pint with 3 Ipswich fans prior to the game, along with a bunch of others. I know it doesn't change the experience you had, but I just wanted you to know that the MAJORITY of Blues fans are pretty hacked off when we hear about this sort of thing. It was bought to my attention that a few cars were damaged too.

I guess this could be taken the wrong way, but I hope it isn't and I hope that the next time you visit St Andrews the experience will be a better one off the pitch. (Obviously not on it!)

Anyway thank you for the opportunity to post.

Cheers mate. We all realise this that it's only a select few and most are like any other typical football fan. Ive got a mate whos a Brummy fan and he's a nice guy sooo yeh.

Just heard that the lads in the van didn't have the tyres slashed , just let down. They didn't have to wait as long as they thought and returned to Ashton Gate the following day to give the money back. DMc told them to keep it to pay for a future away trip.

Assuming it's true , another fantastic gesture by the boss.

Archived