Dm I think now been in charge for 51 League games - his record is :

Played 51

Won 14

Draw 12

Lost 25

For 60

Ag 80

Pts 54 at avge of 1.06pts per game

If we were being charitable we'd say he inherited an unbalanced squad and a group of contracted players that arent good enough that he couldnt move on - this season he's been unlucky with injuries and has signed 3 players that look to be quality in Baldock , Davies and Cunningham AND the Club are 'embracing' FFP to a high degree

If you were being uncharitable then you'd say that he's been at the Club a year - within a month or 2 of arriving he decided that the centre halfs werent good enough and sought loans - in the intervening 12 months he's failed to recruit any replacements and ( if money was the issue ) he spent it in the wrong areas of the pitch - you would also say he doesnt know what his best team is

He strikes me as a guy that believed he would come to us , improve us and use us as a stepping stone to a bigger Club

I can't decide if sacking him will actually happen though given FFP and the fact that he's brought a small Tartan Army Entourage to the Club that ( presumably ) would also be fired - would SL want to spend this cash ?

After the Coppell debacle we went cheap / inexperienced option and it failed , to a degree DM was also a cheap and inexperienced option and the evidence to date shows that aint been a raging success

IF he does go then only more loans OR a kick up the jacksy manager will get better results as I fear this group of players doesnt have sufficient quality at present - in all honest would any of us feel the squad quality would suffer if the following players were released :

Foster

M Wilson

Fontaine

Carey

Nyatanga

Kilkenny

Morris

Pearson

Elliott

I hope he starts picking up results but its the stats and the fans that usually get Managers sacked so lets see what happens Sunday

Archived