IGNORED

Will We Go Up

B-Rizzle

What, ever? I hope so!

But seriously there is nothing coming into the division for us to be worried about, Walsall and Bradford might put together challenges, Wimbledon will be lucky to stay up, of the promoted teams only Hull might challenge.

Lets remember on form since Christmas we'd have still won the league easily (I think, havent worked it out), and with sensible squad decisions over the summer we should be in the position to maintian that form over the whole season.

I expect us to be favourites for the title when the odds come out, and I expect our main rivals to be Swindon, which will be fun.

Don't think so. I expect another top 6 finish and another lacklustre display when it matters.

I know i'm supposed to say yes, however, I don't think the club will splash out heavily again whilst we are still in Division 2, so you are basically relying on the same players or possibly a reduced, less experienced squad.

If you study the teams on paper for next year, there are a lot of good teams. The introduction of teams like Wimbledon and Hull twinned with under-performers such as Sheffield Wednesday (who may find their feet at this level) make this a hard league yet again.

YES. As long as we keep Doherty and either keep Peacock or sign a striker, and no, i'm not a huge Peacock fan but i do acknowledge that he's the only striker proven to be able to score 15-25 goals per season for us

"If you study the teams on paper for next year, there are a lot of good teams. The introduction of teams like Wimbledon and Hull twinned with under-performers such as Sheffield Wednesday (who may find their feet at this level) make this a hard league yet again."

I couldnt disagree more to be honest, and it amazes me people think this way.

Next years 2nd division will be weaker than this years and that is truly quite a feat. Hull are the only team who might do anything - Playoffs at that, Bradford will be there or there abouts and the rest will be mid table obscurity - with the exception of Wimbledon who will have had a good season if they finish safely in mid table.

Next year its going to be us and Swindon with Tranmere challenging, in regards to competition there will be little else. This is probably a bad thing from our point of view though as we brushed aside the teams 'on par' with us and struggled against struggling teams.

Hull will go straight through the division and win the bloody league, loads of money, already good players (Allsopp, Burgess, Delaney etc...), great stadium and fanbase, Peter Taylor knows what it takes to get promotion (Brighton, Gillingham).

Tranmere with Dadi, Hume and Zola upfront will score for fun and with Brian Little will come second.

We will finish lucky third and get to Cardiff after beating Barnsley to meet Sheffield Wednesday in the Final at Cardiff, it will stay 0-0 but this time we will make it to extra time and lose. Wilson will tell us we have progressed from last season and that next year we will make to penalties only to lose and say that the season is not a failure. :wacko:

"If you study the teams on paper for next year, there are a lot of good teams. The introduction of teams like Wimbledon and Hull twinned with under-performers such as Sheffield Wednesday (who may find their feet at this level) make this a hard league yet again."

I couldnt disagree more to be honest, and it amazes me people think this way.

Next years 2nd division will be weaker than this years and that is truly quite a feat. Hull are the only team who might do anything - Playoffs at that, Bradford will be there or there abouts and the rest will be mid table obscurity - with the exception of Wimbledon who will have had a good season if they finish safely in mid table.

Next year its going to be us and Swindon with Tranmere challenging, in regards to competition there will be little else. This is probably a bad thing from our point of view though as we brushed aside the teams 'on par' with us and struggled against struggling teams.

I'm glad I amaze you. Another fan who thinks we are a big club and have a divine right to promotion.

How many season now have the likes of you been saying it's a poor league; we'll pi$$ it.

There is no poor teams in the league and they will continue to get better with so many players from higher leagues becoming available for free or very small fees every season.

It amazes me that people think we are that good :wacko:

Archived