IGNORED

5 More Games For Mcinnes

Spike

So I've just read the opinion piece on Sky Sports by Peter Beagrie and whilst it is very negative I have to agree with him.

The Article:

NOT SMOOTH FOR MCINNES?

Hi Peter, Do you think that Bristol City have given Derek McInnes enough time in the managerial hot-seat and he should be replaced? If so, who do you see as a contender for the post? I would like to see Harry Redknapp but can't really see that happening?Bob Wear (Tottenham fan)

BEAGS SAYS: As a Tottenham fan, Bob, I thought you would have been advocating Harry Redknapp to come back to White Hart Lane, not touting him for the as-yet-unavailable Bristol City manager's post. Derek McInnes and his team are on a disastrous run of six defeats on the spin after conceding two more goals on Tuesday night to a Birmingham side who had scored only five goals in their previous seven home games. Just to highlight City's deficiencies, Birmingham, who clinched their first home win in five, had 20 shots at goal and McInnes described the performance as embarrassing for himself, the players and fans who were subjected to it.

One point off the bottom and four from safety is not a surprise as a lot of their frailties were there last season and I always thought they would struggle this term without major defensive additions. Even at this early stage of the season the alarm bells will be ringing in the boardroom and the men in charge have a dilemma: do they back the manager and allow him to make signings, or opt for a change and give the new man funds. There are a lot of points still available and a lot good managers out of work, but I would give Derek five more games, starting with Sunday's six pointer at newly-promoted Charlton, who will be buoyed by a 5-4 victory against Cardiff on Tuesday evening.

Source: Sky Sports

For me it's easy to see McInnes as much as intentions are good is not going to make us a solid team. The fans knew the weakeness of the team was in it's defense from midway through last season, McInnes says he knows we're weak at the back too and it appears even someone who doesn't support our club but knows what he's talking about knows where the real issue is. So, despite all of the fans, the manager, the board and what seems like the rest of the league knowing where we are weak we haven't strengthened. We've all seen numerous threads saying the same, nothing I've said is new information and I don't think a single one of our fans would say our defense is good enough so my question is why do people still think McInnes will come good for us? Because he helped us survive last season when we essentially escaped because one team lost 10 points which gave us a massive boost and we weren't the worst team left?

It's plain to see we're easily the worst team in the league now. Even if you put the argument about the players being better in their repsective roles it doesn't change that as a whole our team is not Championship material any more and our manager who had all of the preseason to change that has spent more time signing strikers and players we don't need rather than the ones we do. It's almost as if a good bit of business to bring Baldock in gives McIness a little slack from the fans for not filling the positions he should have been in defense. Cunningham was the only signing in my eyes that was a great signing and now he's injured which is sods law but still, a little depth and it wouldn't be such an issue.

I'm just wondering at what point does a fan get the go-ahead by this forum to say "you know what, we can give this guy another 3 years and we won't be in any better of a position!"? To me it seems like until the majority want a manager out it's beyond excusable for some to say "he's not the right man". I think Beagrie has hit the nail on the head and I hope more people within the footballing word start echoing his words because I honestly believe that we're going to let it go to far before McInness moves on or is sacked and we'll be facing League One.

Just to add to the record I will still be supporting this club even if we do go down, I might even enjoy League One a little more once we're there because it seems to me like we're a little fish in a very big pond right now and all the other fish are getting bigger and hungrier whilst we settle for whatever we can get.

Peter Beagrie: a man who said "Skuse is a lovely lovely footballer" and that "Pitman's got demon pace". Don't take his word as gospel.

He's factually incorrect too, take the following;

'McInnes described the performance as embarrassing for himself, the players and fans who were subjected to it'

Derek was actually talking about the run we're on, not the performance. (which wasn't great btw)

What a lazy piece of 'punditry'

Peter Beagrie: a man who said "Skuse is a lovely lovely footballer" and that "Pitman's got demon pace". Don't take his word as gospel.

I was screaming at him through the TV when he said that about Pitman, then at the end of my foul mouthed tirade, realised that the whole room was watching me.

He's an idiot. The word 'expert' has scarcely been used so loosely. I doubt he's ever seen Pitman play 90 minutes, and can only get away with things like that because neither have most others.

Archived