IGNORED

Football Governance And Boycott

gater2

If you're interested in the issue of football governance, you might be interested in an article of mine in the Huffington Post today on the issue as well as ticket prices and boycott: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sam-tomlin/tim-farron-football-soccer_b_2098840.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-football

Would be glad to hear comments - positive or negative. Would you ever consider a boycott to get a point across?

Thanks

If you're interested in the issue of football governance, you might be interested in an article of mine in the Huffington Post today on the issue as well as ticket prices and boycott: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sam-tomlin/tim-farron-football-soccer_b_2098840.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-football

Would be glad to hear comments - positive or negative. Would you ever consider a boycott to get a point across?

Thanks

I would happily entertain a boycott. And have in part by not buying a season ticket for the first time in over 2 decades.

I would happily take part in one to try and lower ticket prices and players wages. Problem is, you need the backing of the majority of all regular football going supporters.

Got to be worth thinking about.

I would happily entertain a boycott. And have in part by not buying a season ticket for the first time in over 2 decades.

I would happily take part in one to try and lower ticket prices and players wages. Problem is, you need the backing of the majority of all regular football going supporters.

Got to agree with that and I haven't renewed my season ticket for the first time in years. I have absolutely zero interest in the Premier League anymore, I'm far more inclined to watch the bundesliga on espn than any of the prem games, for the sale if English football I hope that the German clubs go on a spree of utter dominance in European competition which will hopefully wake up the Fa and premier league to a better way of doing things, look at the pasting ( in spite of the result) that Dortmund gave to man city, a team that has cost hundreds of millions to assemble utterly dominated by a team if mostly home grown and developed players.

I don't go as often to City as I'd like, but I think the idea of a boycott across football is a good one. Just for one week - where as many regulars as possible don't go to a game. Imagine the kind of message it would send - clubs would have to listen then.

Would anyone else be up for that?

This image rather comes to mind on this issue:

401435_297823953618919_217514361649879_819917_842442290_n-320x240.jpg

If we want football to work for us the fans rather than treating us at best as customers and at worse people to be exploited, it must be worth considering.

I don't go as often to City as I'd like, but I think the idea of a boycott across football is a good one. Just for one week - where as many regulars as possible don't go to a game. Imagine the kind of message it would send - clubs would have to listen then.

Would anyone else be up for that?

This image rather comes to mind on this issue:

401435_297823953618919_217514361649879_819917_842442290_n-320x240.jpg

If we want football to work for us the fans rather than treating us at best as customers and at worse people to be exploited, it must be worth considering.

As a season ticket holder not for me - I've already paid my £400+ to watch this shower of sh*ite and me staying away would have no impact whatever financially. Every year I ask myself why I bother and every year I buy despite my better judgement and the transparently iffy promises. Most of us are hooked and we might as well get used to it.

On a lighter note was talking to gas-supporting friend of mine and he actually accused me of being a glory hunter. It'a all relative, as Herr Fritzl would say.

Football tickets have to be one of the most inelastic goods around in football terms. Because of the devotion of football fans, if the price of a ticket is raised, then the quantity of tickets demanded will not change by anywhere near the same amount. We are being taken advantage of and this has allowed the game to be taken out of our hands and into those who don't have the best intrests of the game at heart. Its got to the point where the best way to show our devotion to the game of football is to boycott matches. Its unfortunate and it will be difficult, but if if somebody were to organise a serious boycott that i felt could have an impact, i would join strait away.

That said, i've got a season ticket, and so i would only impact attendances rather than club finances.

Football tickets have to be one of the most inelastic goods around in football terms. Because of the devotion of football fans, if the price of a ticket is raised, then the quantity of tickets demanded will not change by anywhere near the same amount. We are being taken advantage of and this has allowed the game to be taken out of our hands and into those who don't have the best intrests of the game at heart. Its got to the point where the best way to show our devotion to the game of football is to boycott matches. Its unfortunate and it will be difficult, but if if somebody were to organise a serious boycott that i felt could have an impact, i would join strait away.

That said, i've got a season ticket, and so i would only impact attendances rather than club finances.

Even if you have a ST, the point of a boycott like this would be the effect of an empty stadium, not the financial hit to the club. An empty stadium would send shivers down the football authorities' necks and they'd actually have to do something re governance and hence ticket prices.

You're right clubs take advantage of us. It cost only around £10-15 to get into most German Bundesliga games, which have average attendances higher than even the Prem - cheaper than all (I think) English Championship clubs. Another system is possible, but it will need fans to put their money where their mouth is. As difficult as it is, I think a one-week boycott would be appropriate. Would get a lot of publicity for the club.

Archived