IGNORED

For Those Of Us That Couldn't Be Arsed Going Today..........

harvey54

The Moto GP was a cracker and the tennis wasn't bad either!

I will be at the Blackpool game on Saturday but today, after 6 straight defeats, on a Sunday, I couldn't be arsed.

Shame on me, I hear some of you say, but 45 years of following this team home and away wears a bit thin sometimes.

I used to get angry and take it hard when the team weren't playing well and the recent times under Tinnion and Millen sapped my strength but I honestly thought after the way we finished last season and especially after the Palace and Cardiff games that we were back on track.

Yep, I was right. We're back on track for relegation and I'm not surprised in the slightest.

The board had the perfect opportunity after GJ took us to Wembley to build on the squad and the momentum that had been created and get this club back up into the top flight. Now we are looking at Division 1 next season unless something drastic happens.

D Mc will probably get the sack in the next couple of weeks and some other poor sap will come in, spout some optimism and another false dawn will rise in BS3.

CTID? Yep, and I wouldn't have it any other way but sometimes I wish that my grandfather had supported a decent team when he dragged me to my first game.

COYR

I will be at the Blackpool game on Saturday but today, after 6 straight defeats, on a Sunday, I couldn't be arsed.

Shame on me, I hear some of you say, but 45 years of following this team home and away wears a bit thin sometimes.

I used to get angry and take it hard when the team weren't playing well and the recent times under Tinnion and Millen sapped my strength but I honestly thought after the way we finished last season and especially after the Palace and Cardiff games that we were back on track.

Yep, I was right. We're back on track for relegation and I'm not surprised in the slightest.

The board had the perfect opportunity after GJ took us to Wembley to build on the squad and the momentum that had been created and get this club back up into the top flight. Now we are looking at Division 1 next season unless something drastic happens.

D Mc will probably get the sack in the next couple of weeks and some other poor sap will come in, spout some optimism and another false dawn will rise in BS3.

CTID? Yep, and I wouldn't have it any other way but sometimes I wish that my grandfather had supported a decent team when he dragged me to my first game.

COYR

I know exactly where you're coming from.

And it isn't just City, football simply isn't the same game I fell in love with as a kid so we'd be no better off even if City wasn't in our DNA ... but who cares? ... I'm not the demographic they're targeting with the "Always Believe", "Keep the Faith", "Let Us Entertain You" carp .

COYR

Excellent post. Like you, it was my Grand Pops that got me interested in this football club when I was a very young boy. In turn he saw Billy Wedlock play for us when he was a young lad. Had the board invested more heavily in the squad after that near triumph at Wembley I think Gary Johnson could have taken us up in the season that followed. An opportunity for top flight football missed because I think that our current Chairman has lost belief in this club.

Archived