IGNORED

Last Time

Jordan Tansley

I do, that manager had not got in the players he wanted, and it was at L1 level. He did have a lot of managerial experience, good and bad, not just good.

Good luck if that is how you want to look at the situation, I hope your prayers work

I do, that manager had not got in the players he wanted, and it was at L1 level. He did have a lot of managerial experience, good and bad, not just good.

Good luck if that is how you want to look at the situation, I hope your prayers work

I just think that considering we have an example in our very recent past that this situation does not spell disaster conclusively some might retain a little composure. Of course at the time of Johnson's famous losing streak forum members began their own vendettas against him that lasted until he left so its understandable that ill feeling is growing. But I'm still pretty confident we'll be ok. We've been very unfortunate in terms of injuries. Not neccessarily Numbers but certainly in the positions that we've been depleted in.

The one difference I can see between Johnson and McInnes is that Johnson had little care for anything in the future and lived and died on the immediate. Del seems to have a solid plan for the long term, academy and scouting structures, young incoming transfers with sell on value. He's almost there.

Does anyone remember the last time we lost seven consecutive games.......?

Stranger things have happened.

i'll tell you where I am Bud, with the squad as it stands we are in deep trouble, there is no spine, no leaders and you will recall after the Millwall game after some said don't worry let him bring in fresh faces in january, having looked at the 15 games leading up january, I said I could not see a win from our any of those games (although I did expect the odd point here and there) well sorry to say 7 down 8 to go, january might be too late.

We I feel have a great case for emergency loans to centre back and centre midfield and boy we need to get those loans in without delay and not the usual journeymen, some real quality and if it costs so be it, otherwise we are in the shit.

I just think that considering we have an example in our very recent past that this situation does not spell disaster conclusively some might retain a little composure. Of course at the time of Johnson's famous losing streak forum members began their own vendettas against him that lasted until he left so its understandable that ill feeling is growing. But I'm still pretty confident we'll be ok. We've been very unfortunate in terms of injuries. Not neccessarily Numbers but certainly in the positions that we've been depleted in.

The one difference I can see between Johnson and McInnes is that Johnson had little care for anything in the future and lived and died on the immediate. Del seems to have a solid plan for the long term, academy and scouting structures, young incoming transfers with sell on value. He's almost there.

Del certainly has a plan, but he needs to live in the moment to get us out out of this. Johnson unlike McInnes, had faced adversity as a manager, this is a new concept to Del, last year it wasn't his mess, this year it is. How will he deal with it, that is the big question.

To be honest, i don't care if he stays or leaves, I'm getting fed up of this club and board, we follow the same cockups season after season without any apparent lessons learned from previous mistakes. Piss poor, makes you question your support for the club!

No point having a long term plan if your not here to see it through

Del certainly has a plan, but he needs to live in the moment to get us out out of this. Johnson unlike McInnes, had faced adversity as a manager, this is a new concept to Del, last year it wasn't his mess, this year it is. How will he deal with it, that is the big question.

To be honest, i don't care if he stays or leaves, I'm getting fed up of this club and board, we follow the same cockups season after season without any apparent lessons learned from previous mistakes. Piss poor, makes you question your support for the club!

I think we are learning and that's part of the problem. We refused to pay over the odds for Keogh who would have followed the mould we all wanted for our transfers. Young (ish) resale, reasonable wages. Other than Morris all of the permanent transfers the board has ratified have been of that ilk. Perhaps there have been mistakes in the way we've prioritised transfers, but I don't for one second think the transfer market works like that. You can't buy through a list of positions when players availability will change on a week by week basis, it's very much organised chaos. What other things are the board cocking up? Not a sarcastic question, genuinely intrigued.

Indeed, this is a new concept to Del, and it was part of the risk we took when appointing him. It would be futile to take a risk and then not give the guy a decent crack at it when the risk backfires to a degree. He'll only improve through mistakes. It's a tough one to call.

i'll tell you where I am Bud, with the squad as it stands we are in deep trouble, there is no spine, no leaders and you will recall after the Millwall game after some said don't worry let him bring in fresh faces in january, having looked at the 15 games leading up january, I said I could not see a win from our any of those games (although I did expect the odd point here and there) well sorry to say 7 down 8 to go, january might be too late.

We I feel have a great case for emergency loans to centre back and centre midfield and boy we need to get those loans in without delay and not the usual journeymen, some real quality and if it costs so be it, otherwise we are in the shit.

It's gotta be heart breaking for the manager and board to have shelled out on Elokobi, Cunningham and McManus only to see them crocked. I agree we now need to replace them, but have we the finance?

My biggest concern is the stupidity of our defence. The long balls to a short striker can't be part of the plan? Play it through on the deck to him FFS!

I do, that manager had not got in the players he wanted

Who says this one has? He's not signed a long term central defender or central midfielder yet. Two important positions at any club. If he's taking time to find the right upgrade in quality and value for the funds available, then I'm okay with that. It's precisely because we signed quantity rather than quality in the past that we've had a piss poor squad of wasters for so many years.

The comparison is apt as we had to get through that last run without blinking to actually recycle the squad. Will Del get that chance?

My biggest concern is the stupidity of our defence. The long balls to a short striker can't be part of the plan? Play it through on the deck to him FFS!

This! Talk about not playing to strengths, are they thick or something? Short but decent striker vs big centre backs. Aerial deliveries, q9/10 at least, big defence will win! JESUS! We've been doing this for as long as I can remember too, it's incredible.

Del certainly has a plan, but he needs to live in the moment to get us out out of this.

Bingo! Agree - but I would go further to say I don't mind if he doesn't live in the moment. I don't much care any longer about the short term, we've got to rid the club of a lot of players and culture. Getting us out of this typically requires throwing people into this squad, not letting it rot. A few of the summer signings excluded, I'd rather do the latter.

It's gotta be heart breaking for the manager and board to have shelled out on Elokobi, Cunningham and McManus only to see them crocked. I agree we now need to replace them, but have we the finance?

There 3 reasons for that, firstly most of the defence is second rate, secondly the second rate defence have no confidence in the third rate midfield and thirdly and most importantly the manager/coach should be able to stop it, but seem powerless to stop or they don't see it.

The important thing is JT is DMC is closely following in the misguided footsteps of his predecessors by stubbornly putting his faith in serial failures and that will be his death warrant.

I think we are learning and that's part of the problem. We refused to pay over the odds for Keogh who would have followed the mould we all wanted for our transfers. Young (ish) resale, reasonable wages. Other than Morris all of the permanent transfers the board has ratified have been of that ilk. Perhaps there have been mistakes in the way we've prioritised transfers, but I don't for one second think the transfer market works like that. You can't buy through a list of positions when players availability will change on a week by week basis, it's very much organised chaos. What other things are the board cocking up? Not a sarcastic question, genuinely intrigued.

Indeed, this is a new concept to Del, and it was part of the risk we took when appointing him. It would be futile to take a risk and then not give the guy a decent crack at it when the risk backfires to a degree. He'll only improve through mistakes. It's a tough one to call.

Okay Hiring Tinnion, trust me on Tinnion was the rallying call, he fell on his sword there. Cheap option

GJ, good appointment, experienced manager

Coppell, poor appointment, on the face of it good, but the bloke has had baggage for years, walking out early from 2 jobs. but he was the experienced manager we were crying out for, homework not done?. Millen apparently was not experienced enough for the job, so was not offered it

Millen, 3 games previously he was not experienced enough for the job, must have learnt a lot in 3 games then, because all of a sudden he was perfect for it, pathetic appointment, showing nothing learnt from Tinman

Del, a judgement call on a unproven manager in this league, who apparently we had looked at before Coppell, if we had why had we not offered him the job after Coppell. Anyway, we hire the bloke, with Sexstone massively involved in his capture, then a few months in, after the chairman has buggered off, his Alley leaves the club, and the suits move in, leaving a new guy in the job to deal with not only everything on the pitch and the training ground, but also everything public facing. The suits merged into the background and let the poor bugger just get on with it. And if it wasn't for constant moaning on here, I doubt we would have ever heard fro JL

I can't begin to list the way the board has slowly started eroding its public facing part of the business, I think it is pretty much at a all time low now, where we occasionally rely on Dave L.

The Stadium, absolute fudge, for something that means to much to us apparently what the hell were Steve and the board doing? get a bit of legal advice before the purchase, then board up the site, we wouldn't have all this malarky going on now.

For all the huffing and puffing and the mass of debt our owner has got us in, he has got 1 promotion to show for it! shocking.... poorly managed from start to finish imo. The club had been running at a relatively small loss, sometimes profit for years from the early 80's, we were never to live beyond our means again. then A bloody finance expert comes in, and puts us in debt for millions and millions of pounds to him!

Who says this one has? He's not signed a long term central defender or central midfielder yet. Two important positions at any club. If he's taking time to find the right upgrade in quality and value for the funds available, then I'm okay with that. It's precisely because we signed quantity rather than quality in the past that we've had a piss poor squad of wasters for so many years.

The comparison is apt as we had to get through that last run without blinking to actually recycle the squad. Will Del get that chance?

He clearly hasn't he said he needs a CB, but also said he doesn't need a CM, which is a bit weird, seeing we are woeful through the middle of the park. I am sorry to say, two transfer windows does seem an excessive amount of time to get a CB, he can wait all he likes. By the time we are relegated, his target probably won't want to join us then anyway!

I do believe that the 7th and last game we lost was against Bradford courtesy of an extremely unlucky Carey og and our performance that day was decent unlike today's soulless, insipid and demoralising debacle. Similarity ended,,,,,,,,,,,

That was the ninth game. Im sure Carey's own goal came in the last ten minutes as well.

I think it was Huddersfield we beat to end the run.

Do you remember Millens last opponents whilst he was in charge?

Blackpool next week, could history repeat itself?

At least they haven't got that rodent gonk Holloway in charge anymore. My Facebook newsfeed is already alive with thick Gasheads jerking off over the fact we are bottom of a division they haven't been in for 20 years.

At least they haven't got that rodent gonk Holloway in charge anymore. My Facebook newsfeed is already alive with thick Gasheads jerking off over the fact we are bottom of a division they haven't been in for 20 years.

And won't see for another 20. How far off extinction are they now?

That was the ninth game. Im sure Carey's own goal came in the last ten minutes as well.

I think it was Huddersfield we beat to end the run.

I do believe that the 7th and last game we lost was against Bradford courtesy of an extremely unlucky Carey og and our performance that day was decent unlike today's soulless, insipid and demoralising debacle. Similarity ended,,,,,,,,,,,

It was the ninth game, but it was only the seventh in the league as we lost in the paint pot trophy and FA Cup during the nine game losing run.

As Andy says we played very well against Bradford that night and were extremely unfortunate to lose. This may be me simply being wise after the event, but you felt from the way we played that night that we could be about to turn the corner. Compare that to the situation at the moment where we are getting worse and worse with every game that goes by.

As Andy says we played very well against Bradford that night and were extremely unfortunate to lose. This may be me simply being wise after the event, but you felt from the way we played that night that we could be about to turn the corner. Compare that to the situation at the moment where we are getting worse and worse with every game that goes by.

Your absolutely right, that Bradford match (despite the result) seemed like a turning point and that it was just a case of sheer bad luck that we didn't get anything from the game. You almost felt as if the next win was just around the corner, unfortunately at the moment that isn't the feeling I get.

Saying that, I may have felt the same way after consecutive defeat number 7 in 05/06.

Archived