IGNORED

Limbo Club

Manon

We're not big enough for this league...but we're too big for league one.

Now, I wouldn't call us a yo yo club as such, since we don't yo-yo like WBA do (more of a 'slo-yo' club, to coin a new phrase) but there are some clubs of a certain stature which tend to sit on the boundaries between leagues, as they're uncomfortable in either and unfortunately we are one of those clubs.

What would best change that?

New stadium?

New owner?

New club badge/colours?

Discuss...

its catch 22, you go up you don't have the infersturcture you can't maintain the place you go down,

You try to build the inferstructure the team suffers

The biggest set back is probbily down to the 22 nimbys who want a town green over a landfill site

I was thinking about this the other day, in my time supporting City (since '94) we have never been 'comfortable' at C'ship level. Maybe two seasons under Johnson. We are a relatively small, unattractive club at this level with a tired old stadium (which we of course love).

How do you improve that, make us more attractive for players and staff? Improvements are happening and remember the new training facilities up at Failand are still being built and when finished will be top class.

I think we need more 'football' people running the club instead of predominantly economists.

I was thinking about this the other day, in my time supporting City (since '94) we have never been 'comfortable' at C'ship level. Maybe two seasons under Johnson. We are a relatively small, unattractive club at this level with a tired old stadium (which we of course love).

How do you improve that, make us more attractive for players and staff? Improvements are happening and remember the new training facilities up at Failand are still being built and when finished will be top class.

I think we need more 'football' people running the club instead of predominantly economists.

Personally I think we are in need of a director of football, not one to undermine Del or who ever the manager is but one to link the board and the football side of things,

I hate to say it but the gas had it right with lennie and trollop, and palace had it right with lennie and Freedman, We need an old football head with contacts who can help the board understand the football side of things but in turn help the manager as well,

Joe Jordan would be perfect for this but it would have to get consent from the current manager and not just be put in place

Personally I think we are in need of a director of football, not one to undermine Del or who ever the manager is but one to link the board and the football side of things,

I hate to say it but the gas had it right with lennie and trollop, and palace had it right with lennie and Freedman, We need an old football head with contacts who can help the board understand the football side of things but in turn help the manager as well,

Joe Jordan would be perfect for this but it would have to get consent from the current manager and not just be put in place

Agree totally. Think it would take the heat off of DM and give him some much needed support. IMO the management team is much more important than the playing staff, an old head with a pragmatic approach would I bellieve be a much better solution to this current problem then sacking the manager. JJ is a good shout.

city are renowned in giving a manager a chance but somthing needs to give the crowd are turning and once they are lost McInnes's postion will follow,

It took the fans staying away for millen to get sacked and I feel that will be the case with delboy,

For the record I gave him 3 games to get 7 points he has got zero so I'm in the sacked camp but I really wanted him to do well and when or if he goes I will be gutted as he does have a bright future in the game but this job has come too early for him

its catch 22, you go up you don't have the infersturcture you can't maintain the place you go down,

You try to build the inferstructure the team suffers

The biggest set back is probbily down to the 22 nimbys who want a town green over a landfill site

Don't criticise the NIMBYs - it'll be all over the Evening Post tomorrow. Well, all over the Bristol Post the day after tomorrow, anyway.

Archived