IGNORED

Twentyman..! Sums It Up..?

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Being exiled up here, I can only assess from what I read and occasionally see..

But listening to GT tonight on Points West, I think he has a point..

Del Boy has a habit of not really knowing his best team & it has led to the players not knowing if they are in or out.

Some signed players haven't even been given much of a chance..

This has to change & believe it will..

SPL to Championship, it is believe it or not a step up in challenge, and Del will learn from the recent performances and decisions.

Stick with it all down there...

This HAS to be our best 11 and our team we pick whenever possible:

4-2-3-1 Formation:

Heaton, Foster, Carey, Fontaine, Cunningham, Skuse, Elliot, Adomah, Davies, Anderson, Baldock.

Defence and Midfield look very weak but it's the best we've got imo. Skuse and Elliot to offer nothing going forward and soley focus on getting us the ball and protecting the back four then just allow those front 4 of Adomah, Davies, Anderson and Baldock to do the business.

4-2-3-1 Formation:

Heaton, Foster, Carey, Fontaine, Cunningham, Skuse, Elliot, Adomah, Davies, Anderson, Baldock.

Defence and Midfield look very weak but it's the best we've got imo. Skuse and Elliot to offer nothing going forward and soley focus on getting us the ball and protecting the back four then just allow those front 4 of Adomah, Davies, Anderson and Baldock to do the business.

lets hope Matthew bates shows something to warrant a deal

4-2-3-1 Formation:

Looks okay on paper, unfortunately on paper does not win you games. Out of interest, why do you think Anderson is so good? I haven't seen enough of him to draw any conclusions, and he hardly pulled up trees at Nottingham Forest.

I think the problem is, if it isn't 442, the players just do not have a clue, they are thick as pigshit when it comes to anything other than the tried and trusted, and don't know how to make it work.

Looks okay on paper, unfortunately on paper does not win you games. Out of interest, why do you think Anderson is so good? I haven't seen enough of him to draw any conclusions, and he hardly pulled up trees at Nottingham Forest.

I think the problem is, if it isn't 442, the players just do not have a clue, they are thick as pigshit when it comes to anything other than the tried and trusted, and don't know how to make it work.

I like Anderson as he's not so predictable as Woolford, he's god good dribbling ability and can put in a decent cross compared to our other wingers. I am not a fan of 4-4-2 at all, the only team that has mastered 4-4-2 is Manchester United and even they have started to drop it. 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are the formations that are setting the trend and I would love to see City give it a go as 4-4-2 is just stale.

4-2-3-1 Formation:

We can debate the players, but I'm with you on the formation. Although I do like the attacking 4.

Baldock

Anderson-Davis-Albert

I like Anderson as he's not so predictable as Woolford, he's god good dribbling ability and can put in a decent cross compared to our other wingers. I am not a fan of 4-4-2 at all, the only team that has mastered 4-4-2 is Manchester United and even they have started to drop it. 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are the formations that are setting the trend and I would love to see City give it a go as 4-4-2 is just stale.

I agree, the formation is stale, but that is what most of these players have been bought up on, and are incapable of playing anything else, they do not have the footballing intelligence to play it.

If only it was as easy as FM, then these mugs of our would be able to adapt to other formations. We need to find players with a bit of intelligence if we want to change formations.

I agree, the formation is stale, but that is what most of these players have been bought up on, and are incapable of playing anything else, they do not have the footballing intelligence to play it.

If only it was as easy as FM, then these mugs of our would be able to adapt to other formations. We need to find players with a bit of intelligence if we want to change formations.

It's a pretty simple formation though, you have 2 centre midfielders who's job is soley get the ball and protect the back four, the 3 attacking players drop into midfield to make 4-5-1 when we are struggling for possession or are under the cosh. Baldock remains the target man as his movement is brilliant but obviously the ball has to be played to feet.

It's a pretty simple formation though, you have 2 centre midfielders who's job is soley get the ball and protect the back four, the 3 attacking players drop into midfield to make 4-5-1 when we are struggling for possession or are under the cosh. Baldock remains the target man as his movement is brilliant but obviously the ball has to be played to feet.

It maybe simple, but you have to remember the simpeltons that have to try and play in it. And that is the problem, not the formation

You must be joking surely. He was woeful yesterday

Well he wasn't 'woeful' in any way, but I didn't actually comment on his performance yesterday. If you read my post I said 'all of our best football this season has came through Ryan Taylor'.

Palace, Cardiff, second half at Peterborough and Watford. In those three and a half games we played our best football this season by a long way and Taylor was heavily involved. He was also our best player by a long, long way against Hull.

Well he wasn't 'woeful' in any way, but I didn't actually comment on his performance yesterday. If you read my post I said 'all of our best football this season has came through Ryan Taylor'.

Palace, Cardiff, second half at Peterborough and Watford. In those three and a half games we played our best football this season by a long way and Taylor was heavily involved. He was also our best player by a long, long way against Hull.

Well you must have attended a different game because yeaterday he was woeful in every way. He cannot cut the mustard at this level and needs to be moved on. Mind you 10 other starters of the game could go the same way.

Had a quick look at the number of changes made to the team each week during our losing streak:

Leicester- 3

Bolton- 3

Burnley-3

Hull- 5

Huddersfield- 5

Birmingham- 0

Charlton- 5

In addition to that we have had a number of players being played either out of position or in their secondary position.

Reflection of are poor form? Or a reason for are poor form?

Being exiled up here, I can only assess from what I read and occasionally see..

But listening to GT tonight on Points West, I think he has a point..

Del Boy has a habit of not really knowing his best team & it has led to the players not knowing if they are in or out.

Some signed players haven't even been given much of a chance..

This has to change & believe it will..

SPL to Championship, it is believe it or not a step up in challenge, and Del will learn from the recent performances and decisions.

Stick with it all down there...

There is a massive difference between the Sunday Pub League and the Championship. Del Boy is finding that out and you only have to look at Foster, Morris and Mark Wilson.

There is a massive difference between the Sunday Pub League and the Championship. Del Boy is finding that out and you only have to look at Foster, Morris and Mark Wilson.

Slightly unfair, Foster was probably our best player yesterday. Composed and looked for the simple pass, also looked to get forward and overlap, which produced a couple of chances

Had a quick look at the number of changes made to the team each week during our losing streak:

Leicester- 3

Bolton- 3

Burnley-3

Hull- 5

Huddersfield- 5

Birmingham- 0

Charlton- 5

In addition to that we have had a number of players being played either out of position or in their secondary position.

Reflection of are poor form? Or a reason for are poor form?

That speaks volumes. And while many changes have come as a result of injuries, others seem to have unsettled players.

As for Foster, Rangers fans were hoping he would have returned to them.

Well you must have attended a different game because yeaterday he was woeful in every way. He cannot cut the mustard at this level and needs to be moved on. Mind you 10 other starters of the game could go the same way.

Three jokes on one day? You're spoiling us Tone!

Archived