IGNORED

Brighton Away

Scrumpy_247

Yeah there should still be a fair few places open, having spoke to a couple of workmates who come from there they said it's'lively every night apart from a Sunday really, just have to look about! There are a few good places along the seafront if you get the chance to have a look, though if you've been before you might know that anyway.

There's loads of good places in Brighton and it's just as lively weeknights. There's a good night called C.U.N.T (yes, that's literally the name of the night) on Tuesday at Digital which would be worthy of drowning your sorrows after what will surely be an inevitable loss.

Great, win or loss just go out and get totally C>U>N>T>ed, happy days... :banana:

Also live locally, this the first fixture I look for!

As a school teacher I need a result to have bragging rights over the kids in my class, they've been rubbing my nose in it this year!

Im sure you have noticed, that with the new stadium that Brighton have now, how much more support the local team have now.. I live in Brighton with 3 step sons (1 down at UWE now) and before the new ground was built they never watched Brighton play.. All 3 are Liverpool fans but since the new ground was built, the 2 oldest have worked there, the youngest loves to go and watch, even in the away end with me for this fixture..

I can see how important the new Stadium is to City as I have a wealth of friends who now have season tickets with BHA when they support the more traditional top sides and never went before the the venue was open.. Its turned the local club around and made them fashionable to the youth of the City of Brighton, something I feel we are lacking..

We will get there one day ...

Im sure you have noticed, that with the new stadium that Brighton have now, how much more support the local team have now.. I live in Brighton with 3 step sons (1 down at UWE now) and before the new ground was built they never watched Brighton play.. All 3 are Liverpool fans but since the new ground was built, the 2 oldest have worked there, the youngest loves to go and watch, even in the away end with me for this fixture..

I can see how important the new Stadium is to City as I have a wealth of friends who now have season tickets with BHA when they support the more traditional top sides and never went before the the venue was open.. Its turned the local club around and made them fashionable to the youth of the City of Brighton, something I feel we are lacking..

We will get there one day ...

It's an interesting comparison M.D. Brighton almost disappeared during Athletics stadium years in league 1, there was a hard core of support but only enough to fill the 5k ground each week and little or no interest from the kids. But as soon as the new stadium went up, it became a huge source of pride to the area and the amount of Brighton football shirts that you see around is incredible!

Last year, the first in the Amex, I know at least 10 different individuals that bought season tickets all of which were extremely casual supporters or whose affiliation lies elsewhere.

Brighton football have a vast schools programme that stretches at least a 30 mile radius and they run after school sessions for both boys and girls, and this is very popular.

All in all football has brought a new ambitious culture to the city and a lot of pride and just goes to show what a new ambitious stadium can do.

It is for this reason that must keep supporting Ashton Vale, but bare in mind the 10 year battle that BHA had to fight to get there!

It's an interesting comparison M.D. Brighton almost disappeared during Athletics stadium years in league 1, there was a hard core of support but only enough to fill the 5k ground each week and little or no interest from the kids. But as soon as the new stadium went up, it became a huge source of pride to the area and the amount of Brighton football shirts that you see around is incredible!

Last year, the first in the Amex, I know at least 10 different individuals that bought season tickets all of which were extremely casual supporters or whose affiliation lies elsewhere.

Surely the issue of their support was that the Withdean only held - what was it 8000 including provision for away fans ?? - and they couldn't get any more in.

I thought the reason the club was dying was that they couldn't accomodate new young fans or casual suppoerters as the Withdean was full up with long standing S/T holders, and no tickets left over for POD or any new supporters, not that there was no interest until the AMEX was built.

When they played at the Goldstone ground in Hove they regularly got over 20K and pulled in support from all over Sussex (as they do now).

My eldest son lives in Brighton and I go down there regularly and I've followed the Stadium debate and seen the ground built, but to me they've always had over 20K potential fans - but just been unable to accomodate them until now.

I think we're in a different scenario, we have 12K hardcore fans who will attend rising to about 15K when we're doing well, a new stadium will pull in some fans who are "City" (but don't attend at the moment) together with family groups who will be more comfortable in better surroundings. We will get over 20K to start with but that will drop back to 15-18K max when the novelty has worn off. Only PL football (highly unlikely anytime soon) will improve these numbers IMO.

Archived