IGNORED

George Graham, Radio 5

Mendip City

Just been listening to George talking about the art of defending and organising a back 4.

Really passionate about it and realises that without being organised at the back you'll get nowhere.

Wonder if he'd fancy a few months down here teaching a fellow scot and our hapless troups a thing or two???

:clap:

Good idea. Incredibly successful manager and I'm amazed he hasn't been given another opportunity. It's been a long time since he had a role I think but would be an ideal person to sort out the defence if he wanted the challenge. I've never really been in favour of the director of football role so it would have to be as defensive coach or a hands on coaching role. My preference would be a long-term plan to adopt the Swansea approach and scout players across Europe who can keep the ball and still fit the wage structure. But it's too late for that this season so why not bring GG if he would come.

I'd take 'boring' 1-0's rather than humiliation and inevitable relegation this season. With our choice of strikers plus wide players we would still have plenty of flair in the team and they would play better in a more successful team built solidly from the back. It was almost inevitable that the lack of confidence in our defence / centre midfield transferred to the rest of the team.

Don't forget it was his teams that inspired the chant "boring, boring Arsenal..."

While I don't doubt he was a succesful manager, his methods were not well received by football purists...

Football purists - don't you love 'em? Like all those West Ham fans who suddenly think Big Sam ain't too bad after all!

The boring Arsenal team just got its priorities right, first and foremost stop the oposition, earn the right to play and attack. And..... Just how boring could a team be with the likes of Wright, Merson, Smith, Rocastle in it?

I think us City fans need a reality check, there's surely no point having flair unless we're organised and solid first..... We try to play "football" but certainly aren't entertaining!

I'd take 'boring' 1-0's rather than humiliation and inevitable relegation this season. With our choice of strikers plus wide players we would still have plenty of flair in the team and they would play better in a more successful team built solidly from the back. It was almost inevitable that the lack of confidence in our defence / centre midfield transferred to the rest of the team.

A massive +1!!!

Archived