IGNORED

Mcinnes On Player

Lewie

Del's been stubborn. He's got things right many times, but ver wrong on other more recent occations. He's young and learning the trade, but i think that there are better ways to do that than trial and error with our team. This is why i think getting Joe Jordan in as a director of football would be a good idea. A fellow scot, old and wise, the club at heart, and he lives in Failand. Idea for Derek to seek advice from on a daily basis.

Come on, tell us what he said then.

Focused on confidence as a big issue with the players mainly. Said that he needs to get back to when he first came in & they worked hard on making sure their heads didn't drop if the game wasn't going to plan, particularly at home. Confidence is brittle at the mo.

Said that he was disappointed they couldn't get that dominant right-sided centre half we desperately need. Tried very hard but got priced out of the market or stumped by injuries at selling clubs.

Confident that the signings made will prove their worth long term. Disappointed with Baldock's goal return so far but confident it will come. Pleased with Davies & obviously frustrated with Cunningham's injury.

Pointed out the huge improvement at development level and highlighted the fact the wage bill has been slashed compared to where it was last year. Seemed happy with that side of things.

Clearly has the full backing of SL & the board long-term and interestingly said that he sat down with SL before the bad run and said he wanted to commit long-term to the club.

I've got a lot of time for Del & hope we don't make the mistake of binning him off then watching him prove how good he is with another club. Let's dig in & I'm sure he'll see us right.

Focused on confidence as a big issue with the players mainly. Said that he needs to get back to when he first came in & they worked hard on making sure their heads didn't drop if the game wasn't going to plan, particularly at home. Confidence is brittle at the mo.

Said that he was disappointed they couldn't get that dominant right-sided centre half we desperately need. Tried very hard but got priced out of the market or stumped by injuries at selling clubs.

Confident that the signings made will prove their worth long term. Disappointed with Baldock's goal return so far but confident it will come. Pleased with Davies & obviously frustrated with Cunningham's injury.

Pointed out the huge improvement at development level and highlighted the fact the wage bill has been slashed compared to where it was last year. Seemed happy with that side of things.

Clearly has the full backing of SL & the board long-term and interestingly said that he sat down with SL before the bad run and said he wanted to commit long-term to the club.

I've got a lot of time for Del & hope we don't make the mistake of binning him off then watching him prove how good he is with another club. Let's dig in & I'm sure he'll see us right.

Cheers.

Some honesty at last, no BS about confidence being okay. And a proper summary on players bought. That is at last, a change in the right direction, rather than the never ending cliches.

Keep that up Del, and I will start to get a little trust back in the guy.... If he can start to change it on the pitch as well. I much prefer honesty from a manager, got a lot more time for it.

Any indication he's still looking for players or we sticking with what we have until jan?

Got Matthew Bates on trial who he rates but said he wasn't the biggest for a centre half. Makes up for it with aggression & determination but has a very patchy injury record so we'll have to wait and see. Nothing else on prospective signings from Del but from SL's comments yesterday I would be very surprised if we weren't active in January - especially if we're still struggling!

Great comments on this thread so far btw, feeling a lot more like we haven't completely lost faith!

I wonder if Mcinnes saw the poll about him on here. Roughly seven to one in favour of keeping him in the job. Even if he did not, I bet someone told him about it.

The majority are right. I think DMC will turn things round for us in due course.

He is fundamentally an honest man with his heart in the right place.

That counts a lot with me.

OK - he still has something to learn about tactics, but that will come right.

Always Believe !!

I wonder if Mcinnes saw the poll about him on here. Roughly seven to one in favour of keeping him in the job. Even if he did not, I bet someone told him about it.

The majority are right. I think DMC will turn things round for us in due course.

He is fundamentally an honest man with his heart in the right place.

That counts a lot with me.

OK - he still has something to learn about tactics, but that will come right.

Always Believe !!

Stay with it, we will overcome, :ill:

I was paying for BCFC player on www.bcfc.co.uk

It seems I can't use player on the current site? Do I need to set up my account again?

I had this problem initially but seems to work now, I just signed out then signed back in again using original password etc

A good interview, and he's not going anywhere soon, so let's get behind him.

I don't want him sacked, a lot of good work is being done behind the scenes, but as he alluded to in his interview, things need to change on the pitch pretty quickly. I just hope he can get us going on Saturday as he's clearly an intelligent, decent guy who has a lot of the right qualities to be a good manager for us. Fingers crossed he can turn things around and prove himself here.

Tactically, Del is very naive at times. Frustratingly, i do believe he could organise us very well, i do think hes panicked recently, which is worrying. However, this guy will be a top manager. He knows full well what we need. I hope to god he knows we are lacking leaders and a nasty bastarrd in midfield though. Ive backed Del all along, and i will continue to do so until he leaves this club.

The guy, although not got the greastest record is very clever, ive spent a small amount of time in his company and he is a very clever, football orientated guy and i do still believe he is the man to take us forward. To be honest though, anyone that wants him out, who we going to get? Iain Dowie? Phil Brown? Barry Chuckle?

Someone suggested asking Joe Jordan in. Now, if i was Del, maybe that fresh pair of eyes and mind, even for a week or two could freshen up the whole squad and i hope this is something he would consider.

Spoke openly and honestly. Some very interesting stuff about transfer targets without naming names. There's a knowledgd and determination to him that gives me some hope. I'm still with you Del, although I expect I'll get shot down for that on here.

It seems a shame he hasn't applied his knowledge and determination to the team.Talk is cheap.

Archived