IGNORED

Caulker Scores For England

Southport Red

I paid too much for a signed photograph with certificate of authenticity of Mr Steven Caulker, from BCFC, how chuffed am I? (He should have scored 2 mind). You cannot put a number on his caps. Quality, you might measure in Gerrards, Moores or Bank's perhaps, caps mean something different these days!

My opinion, I am entitled!

When he was with us, I think we all thought - how come Spurs have released this brilliant player on loan ? Probably because he was (at that time) just a bit inexperienced to break into their 1st team.

The talk in the pre-match pub we go to was - this guy is going to be playing for England soon.

As has come to pass and great to see him score tonight - even if we lost badly.

Do you remember his positional sense (reading the game superbly) so he always seemed to be in exactly the right place to defend. And he (mainly) won most balls in the air.

In other words, exactly the sort of commanding CB we are missing now.

Come on Delboy (and our scouts) - we are obviously not going to get Caulker back, but there must be someone else out there coming up through the lower leagues who could be as good as him.

Unless we improve our failing defence soon, we are going down.

Having said that, when Cunningham comes back (soon I believe) it should get better.

Am i the only one you think he tripped and got lucky?

He was lucky he didn't smash his head against the post, but that's a chance you take when you show that sort of single minded determination.

We were all convinced straight away Caulker would go on to play for England, now he's been capped you can see he's one of those special players who will take international football in his stride and be a regular far in to the future.

A lot longer than Cahill imo, he's a far superior player.

ha ha 130

IF, and that's a big IF, England qualify for WC's and EC's and progress through the tournaments, why not?

He's still only about 15, and he's only going to get better. He's head and shoulders above any other young centre half's out there (that I've seen so far), so if he stays fit then why not 130 caps?

Have to say, like all of us on here, had a massive smile on my face when it went in

Chuffed to bits for him

Archived