IGNORED

Bristol Mayor - Who?

Devereux

Rees is most openly in support of the main credible candidates, however there is very little he can practically do as its not in the mayoral remit. Apparently Old Red Trousers is nosing ahead according to my old man who is well placed in the one of the main political parties. So it's worth going out and voting.

Marvin Rees (Lab), Gallop (Con) & Stoney have stated that they support both stadiums & the arena.

Many are against it and Red Trousers views change from day to day.

BCAGFC

You do a dis service to John Rogers (?) The Lib Dem candidate.

Not sure about others, but I think he is the only one who actually came out FOR Ashton Vale (?)

Maybe wrong, but I thought the others were just pro new stadia without mentioning specific sites?

But then, I only had Lib Dem propaganda through my door. The others I heard on the radio.

Can't be bothered to read all the literature on the mayor. I am a one issue voter, so can anyone tell me who is more supportive of our stadium bid and I will vote for them.

Marvin Rees' election pledge is truely outstanding......I don't live in Bristol so I can't vote but as a Bristolian and BCFC supporter I think that Marvin Rees' election pledge was truely outstanding. I've deliberately posted this late in the day as I don't want to influence any result. Personally, Stoney Garnett would have been my No. 1 choice as I do know him but Marvin Rees would definately have got my No. 2 vote as his election address below was brilliant - IN MY OPINION !!!!!!!.......

Marvin Rees is a former BBC radio reporter and NHS manager. He said: "My vision for Bristol is a world-class city, a great place to live and work, in which people are connected and where we care about each other and our planet. I believe our city's success will be tied to our ability to tackle the poverty and inequality that has undermined Bristol's performance in the past. I will make Bristol a living wage city. Work should pay so that people can live with dignity, spending in our local economy while reducing dependency on benefits. I will build 4,000 homes while strengthening protection for tenants in the private sector, and promoting good landlords. Home security is vital to get our children off to the best start in life. Transport is critical to our future - I will work with providers to make it affordable, better connected and more convenient. I will put families first, helping women to return to the workplace through better childcare. I will build a city arena and back our two football stadiums. I will establish an apprenticeship hub to build the workforce the world wants and make Bristol a zero food waste city whilst tackling food poverty. All that said the mayor cannot do this alone - it will be down to everyone to ensure we are successful."

Marvin Rees' election pledge is truely outstanding......I don't live in Bristol so I can't vote but as a Bristolian and BCFC supporter I think that Marvin Rees' election pledge was truely outstanding. I've deliberately posted this late in the day as I don't want to influence any result. Personally, Stoney Garnett would have been my No. 1 choice as I do know him but Marvin Rees would definately have got my No. 2 vote as his election address below was brilliant - IN MY OPINION !!!!!!!.......

Marvin Rees is a former BBC radio reporter and NHS manager. He said: "My vision for Bristol is a world-class city, a great place to live and work, in which people are connected and where we care about each other and our planet. I believe our city's success will be tied to our ability to tackle the poverty and inequality that has undermined Bristol's performance in the past. I will make Bristol a living wage city. Work should pay so that people can live with dignity, spending in our local economy while reducing dependency on benefits. I will build 4,000 homes while strengthening protection for tenants in the private sector, and promoting good landlords. Home security is vital to get our children off to the best start in life. Transport is critical to our future - I will work with providers to make it affordable, better connected and more convenient. I will put families first, helping women to return to the workplace through better childcare. I will build a city arena and back our two football stadiums. I will establish an apprenticeship hub to build the workforce the world wants and make Bristol a zero food waste city whilst tackling food poverty. All that said the mayor cannot do this alone - it will be down to everyone to ensure we are successful."

Am I reading this right Mr Goblin !!?? A reply to a thread where you aren't mentioning 'Uncle Joseph' or even your latest 'Adolf Hitler' ??????

You feeling ok !?!?

Am I reading this right Mr Goblin !!?? A reply to a thread where you aren't mentioning 'Uncle Joseph' or even your latest 'Adolf Hitler' ??????

You feeling ok !?!?

Ahem......I'm merely following your instructions by not mentioning a certain leader of the Soviet Red Army and the former leader of a certain Third Reich embryonic German led European Union project. :bonkers:

I voted earlier today. Marvin Rees was my no. 1 choice. I like his propsals, such as making Bristol a living wage City, and as a tradional Labour voter, it's usually the best way to keep the Tories and/or their lap dog Lib Dem pals out.

The Independent Anthony Britt, was my second choice. He literally lives just down the road from me in the BS5 area and supports local charities. Would be supprised if he won, but my conscience is clean. :)

Soooo, what does this mean for the stadium plans then?

Before standing for election, RT said he was in favour of a new stadium but the site was questionable. He answered a question sent to him, once his candidacy was public knowledge stating he understood the need for new stadia but he would like to see the existing site utilised differently.

I appreciate it's politician speak but I read this as support for the stadium but not the supermarket. I assume they go hand in hand (ie no stadium without Sainsbury's and vice versa).

Do I understand it correctly? What does RT's election mean for the Vale? I must admit, I don't trust the man at all.

Prove me wrong George!

Just found this on his blog.....

I have always backed building a new Stadium for Bristol, whatever stories may have been spun to the contrary. The siting is currently up in the air while the matter of Ashton Vale town green continues to grind its way through a legal system with which no politician can interfere, but a viable alternative lies on Bristol City’s historic site at Ashton Gate. I am also in support of best facilities for Bristol Rovers and the Rugby Club. I will put Bristol first and do all I can to facilitate the clubs achieve their Premier League ambitions.

http://www.georgeferguson.co.uk/a-city-of-sport/

HMMMMM!

Archived