IGNORED

Blackpool: Good News And Bad News

Nogbad the Bad

Good news: Taylor - Fletcher and Matt Phillips have been ruled out through injury. :winner_third_h4h:

Blackpool have only won once in their last 6 matches.

Hollowhead :grr: won't be there to gloat if it all goes wrong agaIn.

Bad news: Kevin Phillips ( now 39) is back in contention after missing 5 games.

Thomas Ince is on fire having scored 5 times away from home this season.

We won't have Hollowhead :grr: there to ramp up the home support against him.

With Dann's making his debut and the team hopefully responding to him - and a few home truths this week - could this be the match City surprise us and the dwindling faithful come out of AG smiling for once?

Good news: Taylor - Fletcher and Matt Phillips have been ruled out through injury. :winner_third_h4h:

With Dann's making his debut and the team hopefully responding to him - and a few home truths this week - could this be the match City surprise us and the dwindling faithful come out of AG smiling for once?

I hope so, all we can do is hope i guess! now is as good a time as any to finally win a game, at home,,,

Im glad as the last few years he has actually recieved a decent welcome. That pi*sed me right off

if (a big if) we can mark Tom Ince out of the game then Blackpools threat going forward is gone,

I'd be tempeted in having 5 in midfield with Davies up top on his own, so we have an extra man to deal with the ince threat and try and break out down the wings with albert and Woolford/Anderson and Danns bombing up through the middle,

Happy with Taylor-Fletcher being out. Has always caused us problems.

I would take a 0-0.

Our centre backs - whoever they turn out to be - will certainly be relieved Taylor - Fletcher is out. As you say he's always a thorn in our side even when we're playing comparatively well.

Matt Phillips is a dangerous player and again his absence relieves at least some pressure on our fragile defence.

I'd happily take a 0-0 at any away ground but we've already reached a stage where we desperately need to win a home game, all the better of course if we manage to shut them out as well.

under johnson in the last big run of defeats?

No, that was Southend, C'field & Bradford, we beat Hudd'field in 4th game. Had a quick look back through other bad home run's and we seem to call a halt to run of defeats in the fourth match which has got to be a good omen for Blackpool. :city:

I hate stats like "Blackpool have only won once in their last 6 matches" as we have a nasty habit of breaking them - hopefully tomorrow for once not though!

True, but it's not like they've lost their last 6 matches - they're on a poor run of erratic form and they've got a new, unproven manager who's immediately lost a couple of his more potent attacking players through injury.

Although seeing the back of Hollowhead may perk a few of their players up :innocent06: generally speaking they're unpredictable, unsettled and now missing a couple of their better players so hopefully that will be give us a better chance on the day.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws or trying 'to look for positives' ( as much as I hate the phrase) but of course it all makes no difference unless a reasonable percentage of our players turn up this week determined to right the wrongs of the Charlton match.

True, but it's not like they've lost their last 6 matches - they're on a poor run of erratic form and they've got a new, unproven manager who's immediately lost a couple of his more potent attacking players through injury.

Although seeing the back of Hollowhead may perk a few of their players up :innocent06: generally speaking they're unpredictable, unsettled and now missing a couple of their better players so hopefully that will be give us a better chance on the day.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws or trying 'to look for positives' ( as much as I hate the phrase) but of course it all makes no difference unless a reasonable percentage of our players turn up this week determined to right the wrongs of the Charlton match.

I'll settle for them turning up.

To be fair in my view thought Blackpool were on fire against us last season when they beat us 3-1 at home. Thomas Ince was outstanding that day and seems to have gone from strength to strength ever since. But for some reason - like an earlier poster I am confident that we are going not going to lose. Really looking forward to the game now - especially with Danns starting for us.

Feeling strangely positive about this one....

Last week I had no confidence whatsoever that we'd beat Charlton.

Same, for some reason, I can feel a decent performance around the corner, I think it's the stuff that's been coming out of the club this week. Let's hope there's an on-pitch reaction.

Archived