IGNORED

Midfield

Pete1975Legend

Thought this was a big difference today, showed work rate and a passion to keep hold of the ball.

Very positive display.

I personally thought marvin was shocking in there today, he was a bystander for most of the game.

I really dislike Kilkenny, but he had one of his better games, Adomah was excellent for the most part and tracked back all game. Pearson was dependable as always and Danns looked the part.

We really need Marvin to find his form again soon, I can forgive him being utter tripe on the ball (although the pass to Adomah when he was about twelve miles offside was almost gross incompetence) but his energy and tackling worryingly disappeared today.... And we would have been a lot more comfortable if he hadn't lost it!!

Agree that Marv was shocking and in the team now purely for heading ability. In fairness got a terrible whack and brave as you like in fairness so possibly concussed as did very little right, so give him benefit of doubt.

I personally thought marvin was shocking in there today, he was a bystander for most of the game.

I really dislike Kilkenny, but he had one of his better games, Adomah was excellent for the most part and tracked back all game. Pearson was dependable as always and Danns looked the part.

We really need Marvin to find his form again soon, I can forgive him being utter tripe on the ball (although the pass to Adomah when he was about twelve miles offside was almost gross incompetence) but his energy and tackling worryingly disappeared today.... And we would have been a lot more comfortable if he hadn't lost it!!

Must be me that thought Albert was pretty poor today?

he finished quite well but I thought his first tou5ch in the first half was poor. To be honest, I thought our penalty was down to a poor first touch by Albert. Admittedly, I didnt get a great view it from the Dolman E block!

he finished quite well but I thought his first tou5ch in the first half was poor. To be honest, I thought our penalty was down to a poor first touch by Albert. Admittedly, I didnt get a great view it from the Dolman E block!

He was lucky to get it really he had overrun the ball and was never getting to it. He really frustrates me the fans end up telling him to run at his defender! I got very worried when it looked like he was going to take the penalty!

I hate to say it but we look so much more balanced playing 4-5-1. Its a great set-up to play away, but at home, long-term we might wanna look at a 4-3-3 style with Anderson and Adomah as your 2 Wide forwards, with either Stead Baldock Davies or Taylor through middle. Problem is you won't keep everyone happy with that. Just think we look so unbalanced and get over-run playing 4-4-2 even if does mean more attacking football

Didn't see them yesterday but our cm has been so poor it needed a more solid approach. If we can find a solid and effective cm pairing, maybe danns could be key in this, then we could start going 4-4-2 again Till then, think it has to be 3 with 2 attacking wide men - Anderson and Adomah would be my choice.

Trouble is with a 5-man midfield, we can only play 1 up front and that seems to rule out playing Baldock or Davies.

Put Danns back deeper in place of one of the other midfielders and play Davies where Danns played yesterday.

Archived