IGNORED

Adriano Shaktar Donetsk

wayne allisons tongues

What a cheat, drop ball back to keeper. Intercepts it and rounds keeper to score whilst everyone stands and watches.

Make matters worse it seemed they tried to let norderland score from ko but tackled the player instead.

I know game finished 5 2 shaktar in the end but was 1 0 norderland at time, made big difference to game and how it panned out.

No good like red cards going overturn it for damage has been done already - never understand why if red card is rescinded why game isn't played again for its admission mistake was made.

What a cheat, drop ball back to keeper. Intercepts it and rounds keeper to score whilst everyone stands and watches.

Make matters worse it seemed they tried to let norderland score from ko but tackled the player instead.

I know game finished 5 2 shaktar in the end but was 1 0 norderland at time, made big difference to game and how it panned out.

No good like red cards going overturn it for damage has been done already - never understand why if red card is rescinded why game isn't played again for its admission mistake was made.

Replay every game where a player has been sent off wrongly? Haha. Season would never finish.

Replay every game where a player has been sent off wrongly? Haha. Season would never finish.

Not saying should, just why not if red card is overturned and its a mistake made by official is the result still valid. Surely would make more sense to not overturn cards at all and let it be.

Can't work out why fa can overturn red cards but won't look at diving or yellow cards, why only certain things.

Not saying should, just why not if red card is overturned and its a mistake made by official is the result still valid. Surely would make more sense to not overturn cards at all and let it be.

Can't work out why fa can overturn red cards but won't look at diving or yellow cards, why only certain things.

Well at least if red card overturned then takes some pain of injustice away as no longer banned.

And how can it be cheating if its not against the rules?

21 players on the pitch knew what was going on that it was a ball back to keeper, he just ran straight through and scored.

What made it worse was the total farce after they scored that they tried to give the goal back but no one knew what was going on and eventually someone put a tackle in.

Maybe cheating was the wrong word, but wasn't very sporting and he knew it.

Still don't know why ref just didn't blow and made up a reason.

Maybe cheating was the wrong word, but wasn't very sporting and he knew it.

I find this (quite recent) culture of being sporting when a player is injured quite laughable. Players are still quite happy to foul, obstruct, waste time, abuse each other and the officials, etc. But for some reason they are expected to be sporting when players are injured and play is restarted. What a load of cobblers. I remember an incident in our promotion season of 1989/90 when Rob Newman realised that an opposition player lying injured in the box was playing City onside and deliberately called for the ball and scored! How we all cheered :-) The whole thing is gross hypocrisy and players should play to the whistle in all circumstances except where serious injury is feared, which is usually pretty clear to everyone.

I find this (quite recent) culture of being sporting when a player is injured quite laughable. Players are still quite happy to foul, obstruct, waste time, abuse each other and the officials, etc. But for some reason they are expected to be sporting when players are injured and play is restarted. What a load of cobblers. I remember an incident in our promotion season of 1989/90 when Rob Newman realised that an opposition player lying injured in the box was playing City onside and deliberately called for the ball and scored! How we all cheered :-) The whole thing is gross hypocrisy and players should play to the whistle in all circumstances except where serious injury is feared, which is usually pretty clear to everyone.

They did play to the whistle, match was stopped by ref who saw a collision between 2 players and restarted with a drop ball which everyone stood back from with shaktar player passing to keeper. Just Adriano thought be good to round keeper whilst everyone on both teams stood and watched.

Personally think calling him a 'cheat' is disrespectful, technically he did nothing wrong.. (albeit not very sportsman-like)

Personally don't see the difference in what he did in chasing after the ball and when players who fein injury as the other team attack AND/OR when they are due to kick it to the keeper and instead kick it towards the corner flag/throw in area instead.

If anything, we did worse when we knew Crystal Palace scored 'that goal' and then told the ref they were right.. it went wide.

I found it humorous and fair play to the man, he wants to win.

That was bang out of order. Rules/whistles whatever. It was totally unsporting and not in the spirit of the game at all.

Try that shit on the downs league and you'd probably be floored before you even made it back to your own half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RpRKIzLCTE

Watch the repaly.

Personally, I think the opposition player fakes getting hit in the face.....this says to me he was trying to get a player sent off. Yeah there was a collision but why has he gone down holding his face???

Its almost like Adriano is saying "**** you you cheating bast*rd"...and he even insinuates that on 47 secs where he puts his hands down by the sides as if to say "I didnt touch him, my hands were down by my side"

While I agree it was unsporting and not in the 'spirit' of the game, I do blame the other team for being a bit naive.

When the ball is travelling that sort of distance, you need to ensure your defenders are covering the ball, when it is in play, AT ALL TIMES. It seems to me, that they were strolling about not taking any notice, even when Adriano started sprinting after the ball. For me, this is no different to taking a quick free kick, when the opposing players are not ready.

By the letter of Law 8, a drop-ball does not require any player to be near the ball when it is dropped, nor does it require the ball to be passed, sportingly, back to an opponent. The ball is in play as soon as it hits the ground. The convention is that players decide if and who will contest a drop ball. If players are too stupid to realise that any player on the pitch is entitled to play the ball when it is in play then they deserve everthing they get.

The sporting and 'spirit of the game' element is relevant and, while the referee's hands are tied if a goal is scored in this way, he does have the option of cautioning a player for "unsporting behaviour". However, it is difficult for the referee to apply this in this case because Adriano was merely playing the ball, despite the context, which was legally in play and available to be played. That said, I think if I was refereeing that game, I would have still cautioned the player for "unsporting behaviour" - even though technically it's a difficult call. And that, is about the limit of what a referee can do in those circumstances.

At the end of the day, Adriano, his colleagues, and the club must look inwardly at themselves and decide whether they should be seen to be involving themselves in controversies such as this considering the FIFA Fair Play campaign currently being publicised. Perhaps FIFA/UEFA should apply some sanction to the club involved, for contravening their Respect/FairPlay idiom?

Yeh ive seen it, and certainly it doesnt even look like a foul, but the ref has stopped the game, resumed it with a drop ball and as anyone that watches or plays football will know, the ball should then be kicked back to the other side.

People would probably think different if that was a goal against BCFC that got them relegated.

Yeh ive seen it, and certainly it doesnt even look like a foul, but the ref has stopped the game, resumed it with a drop ball and as anyone that watches or plays football will know, the ball should then be kicked back to the other side.

People would probably think different if that was a goal against BCFC that got them relegated.

I totally agree.....but we dont know how the whole game panned out before that. Did Adriano have a gutsful have constant play acting?

There must have been a reason he did that...

They were being outplayed and looking like losing. The whole game changed because of this incident and also could say he's cost de matteo his job for if they lost, Chelsea win and there through next game, now a win for Chelsea and a draw between juve and shaktar and Chelsea is out.

If that happened to us last game of season and we go down because of it I'm absolutely sure there would be world war 3 on here.

I totally agree.....but we dont know how the whole game panned out before that. Did Adriano have a gutsful have constant play acting?

There must have been a reason he did that...

I know what your saying. Certainly easy to feel contempt for a cheating side with a manager everyone loves to hate (Yes Colin im looking at you!).

If say England won the World Cup with a goal like that, i would not feel like a winner, id be gutted we couldnt of beaten them fair and square. I guess i just have the inherent sense of English fair play above all else, probably explains why we never win anything football related!

Maradona is still revered for 'that' goal, cheating and getting away with it is an art from in some footballing countries.

That was bang out of order. Rules/whistles whatever. It was totally unsporting and not in the spirit of the game at all.

Try that shit on the downs league and you'd probably be floored before you even made it back to your own half.

And not necessarily by an opponent.

Even though the player faked an injury to lead to the dead ball?

If you had watched the replay, you would have seen that after the player went down the home team had full control of the ball for at least another 5 seconds. The referee then gestured to stop the game, and it was stopped. At no time after the player went down did Shaktar touch the ball so why did they then get an uncontested drop ball in the middle of the pitch??? Reason being to kick the ball back to the opposing teams keeper etc. Instead they used the drop ball to whack it upfield and score. No matter how you dress it up its cheating/unsportsmanlike in my book and always will be. Anyone who thinks otherwise either hasn't played team sport before or is a massive hypocrite.

Archived