IGNORED

Ibra Or Mexes Goal?

Smokey

Mexes.

I must be the only one in the world who didn't think Ibrahimovic's was quite worth the press it got. It was very good but it was essentially a straightforward overhead kick at an empty net. He did well to hit the target and it was precocious but I didn't understand why people were calling it the goal of the season or in some cases the best they've ever seen.

Mexes had a much more difficult task since he had to beat the keeper, which meant keeping it flatter and hitting it harder.

Mexes.

I must be the only one in the world who didn't think Ibrahimovic's was quite worth the press it got. It was very good but it was essentially a straightforward overhead kick at an empty net. He did well to hit the target and it was precocious but I didn't understand why people were calling it the goal of the season or in some cases the best they've ever seen.

Mexes had a much more difficult task since he had to beat the keeper, which meant keeping it flatter and hitting it harder.

Something we agree on nibor! Always a first time for everything :)

Mexes.

Spot on.

The mixes goal is a great hit, but the chest control which set up the volley made the strike possible, for an international footballer. Ibrahimovics goal, on the volley is just unreal, and I can't see we will ever see anything like it again.

I agree,

without wanting to embark on an assesment and dissertation on overhead kicks, if you have space and the ball under control, it is alot easier (emphasising the er) to execute. A ball that had dropped out the air or is crossed is alot more difficult to hit so Ibra wins it for me. Takes nothing away from Mexes, impecable movement, Mexes could do that again, Ibrahimovic will never replicate his goal.

As for Sinclair, that's a hit and looks like he left it late to decide to do it.

1. Ibra

2. Sinclair

3. Mexes

Archived