IGNORED

Defensive Potential

ciderbeans

It has been well documented that our defence this season has not been up to scratch. However, despite this, signings made in defence and with the hopeful turn in our fortunes, I can see a lot of potential with our defence.

• We have signed Bates who although is injury prone, has always been regarded as a great prospect and has been held in high regard. Could have a real gem there. I hope he proves himself and we get him on a good contract.
  • We have Danny Wilson on loan who has won all kinds of awards for his abilty on the pitch as well as having champions league experience under his belt at such a young age. I hoping we may have a purchase option on him.
  • We have signed Mark Wilson who defensively is solid, has won the Scottish Premier League and has champions league experience behind him.
  • We have signed Greg Cunningham. Nothing needs to be said about him, everyone knows his quality and how we have missed him.

These four players at the back potentially make a great defensive team capable of clean sheets so I am extremely optimistic for the rest of the season injuries pending.

Regarding other defenders, Foster is an okay back up at right back, Joe Bryan is slowly proving himself at left back, Nyatanga has to go at the end of the season, I would also like to see the back of Fontaine although that may be controversial with many and unfortunately I cant see much of a future for James Wilson here at the club but I hope i'm proved wrong.

Are any other forum members as positive as me? what are your thoughts on our defensive potential?

Bates is injured already, Fontaine has been dreadfully out of form, Nyatanga is dreadful all the time, Mark Wilson has a dodgy knee and can't play more than 2 games on the trot, Danny Wilson here for a month, Carey past it, Cunningham and Bryan both great prospects, McManus is injured, James Wilson has upset someone.

Apart from our two LB's I don't see much potential!

Bates is injured already, Fontaine has been dreadfully out of form, Nyatanga is dreadful all the time, Mark Wilson has a dodgy knee and can't play more than 2 games on the trot, Danny Wilson here for a month, Carey past it, Cunningham and Bryan both great prospects, McManus is injured, James Wilson has upset someone.

Apart from our two LB's I don't see much potential!

we don't know how long bates is out for , Wilson is here until 22nd of January. I agree Carey is past it and fonts has been on bad form but seems to have rediscovered some of his form last two games.

Archived