IGNORED

Player - A Good Deal? Advice Wanted :)

Otiz Mir

Hi all. I'm just looking for a bit of advice - I'm currently considering buying the City Player for the first time. In England I never felt I needed it, as I could go to the games etc, but I'm abroad atm and the only highlights I'm getting are the 1 minute Football League Show ones.

So I was wondering if people could maybe answer the following...

- seen a lot of grumbling about certain aspects on here - is it a poor service or is it just that people like to have a moan?

- how long are the highlights packages, and typically how many interviews etc are available?

- and most importantly, can you watch it abroad?

Thanks in advance!

the service is ok, not great

i tend to find i have to log in 3 times before i can view / hear anything, which is just down to poor design

lately the connection for listening to games has been patchy, it will cut out for 10 seconds a few times per minute which is seriously annoying. i personally have received no email of apology regarding this and can't find a credible way of complaining about it. if it persists i personally will be cancelling.

interviews are about 3 pre game and the same post. players 3-4 mins, del 6 mins ish. sometimes boring depending on the player. questions are softer than a duck feather pillow.

highlights are condensed around 3 minutes, longer version around 7-8 filmed with ONE CAMERA ONLY which is a massive problem for me - other clubs film with 2 or 3

yes, i do all of this from abroad so you can too, but not from mobile devices

Coverage is OK quality, but lately the streams keep dropping.

Videos are quite short, and highlights appear usually 3 days after the game by which time you would have already seen them.

I'm not sure why I'm still subscribed to be honest, it's poor value for money but as Tom said, there is no alternative really.

I had the same problem when i was in the states for 2 years.

It is by no means perfect but it gives you highlights and extended highlights for each game (highlights about 4-5 minutes, extended can be around 15).

Then you have full pre match and post match interviews with the manager and a couple of selected players.

And of course you have the live match commentry for every game which is worth it as I know that radio Bristol isn't usually broadcast very far!

All in all, I am now in Manchester so can't get to games very often so I still use it to listen to games and to watch the extended highlights.

Worth it IMO

I use it when working abroad. It,s RB commentary but annoyingly cuts off before the post match phone in! It can be pretty hit and miss and the video quality ain't great but if you want to follow the red,s while away it's your only choice.

Archived