IGNORED

Rougier

Port Said Red

I would think twice and very carefully before offering him a contract.

I think he is a bit of a one trick pony and Brighton showed on Sunday that if you force him away from the penalty area he can't really hurt you.

I was also worried about his body language, when Murray came on and told him to go up front, he visibly slumped.

Fair enough he is not a centre forward but I don't think it helps if you look resigned to failing there. Surely he should have been looking to give it his best shot.

He's 32, other players are capable of playing in the same position, I would put my money elsewhere.

Guest TinnionsTalentedLeftFoot

ive never really rated him so i was suprised when he played so well against us and then so well for us,but ive never really seen him like that in the past,but then again he only ever played up front in the past not right wing

I would have to agree with you. Afterall we never signed Scott Murray back to sit on the bench did we?

Yes Tony Rougier has done well since coming to City but where will he play next season if we did sign him on. His best position is on the right but Scotty must play there next season and Aaron Brown should be back on the left and he not the same player when playing up front.

I would think twice and very carefully before offering him a contract.

I think he is a bit of a one trick pony and Brighton showed on Sunday that if you force him away from the penalty area he can't really hurt you.

I was also worried about his body language, when Murray came on and told him to go up front, he visibly slumped.

Fair enough he is not a centre forward but I don't think it helps if you look resigned to failing there. Surely he should have been looking to give it his best shot.

He's 32, other players are capable of playing in the same position, I would put my money elsewhere.

He did have a poor game but after his previous performances he deserves and new contract

I think it's all about priorities and you have to look at what we need AS A PRIORITY given the £4.2m less income we'll have after our failure.

For me it's two strikers (poss one+Gillespie?) and a central midfielder as NEW players.Tow if TD leaves as is anticipated.

Rougier is fine as a sub if Murray or Brown aren't doing it and shouldn't cost much in wages for a one season deal.

If his agent is awkward, say thanks and goodbye.

if TOMMY stays and TINMAN doesnt retire,providing WILKSHIRE doesnt pick up a season-ending injury,we do not need a midfielder,just a proven goalscorer,we may have a natural goalscorer within the club(LITA,GILLESPIE),but then again we may not,so id prefer signing a proven goalscorer

none of those players are proven goalscorers,in other sides who dont create as many chances they wouldnt score many goals,they miss too many chances and arent instinctive enough in the penalty box

i disagree,we lack proven goalscorers,thats all we blatantly lack,LEAPY misses so many chances its unreal,with all the chances he's had he sould be atleast div2 top scorer

We have got goalscorers!!!!!!!! miller, roberts, peacock, gillespie, lita. you are packing a lot of dependance on gillespie being a star. he may well turn out to be fantastic but remember he is very young and it is his first year at a new club!
Sharkey -

Agree he may well turn out to be fantastic but remember he is very young and it is his first year at a new club!

DisagreeWe have got goalscorers!!!!!!!! miller?, peacock, gillespie?.

Sorry mate!!!.

People have changed their opinions on 90 minutes in a game no1 really shone. However i do look at his age, our more priority postions what with scott hopefully being fully fit again next season and youngsters like darren hawkins still untried then i feel it is not worth renewing his deal. He cannot be used as a striker either because his scoring record is woeful so NO! i wouldnt keep him.

I still think the body language when he was moved to the middle says a lot. He's not the best of central strikers, but to go into a sulk about it was unacceptable.

Neither one thing or another I feel, and his record at other clubs doesn't suggest that giving him a contract would make him a better player more the opposite.

Archived