IGNORED

Checking Of Tickets Entering The Ground.

beaverface

The club invested a shed load of money to bring all the turnstyle gates up-to-date with scanning abilities and yet yesterday they had stewards at each individual gate checking every ticket manually.

Now correct if I'm wrong, but I thought the whole point of the electronic system was that when a student scans their ticket, a yellow light shows, when an adult scans, a green light appears etc..

The whole principle then negates the need for having turnstyle operators, so that one person (in theory) could then monitor multiple entry points.

So, what happens at AG? We have loads of kiddies sat in the turnstyles listening to their i-pods and playing with their phones doing jack all, and a load of extra dim-witted stewards double checking the tickets prior to entry holding everyone up!!

Maybe I'm being a little unfair on the stewards - but each time I asked why they were checking my ticket, they just said "because I've got to..", and when I re-iterated the question, the same answer again and again - a little transparency wouldn't go a-miss would it ?!!

Got mine checked on walkway behind Dolman, something to do with adults using kiddie tickets allegedly.

I did find out later it was to do with older people using junior tickets, but surely if they're using stewards to check the tickets it make the electronic ticket entry pointless?

The club invested a shed load of money to bring all the turnstyle gates up-to-date with scanning abilities and yet yesterday they had stewards at each individual gate checking every ticket manually.

Now correct if I'm wrong, but I thought the whole point of the electronic system was that when a student scans their ticket, a yellow light shows, when an adult scans, a green light appears etc..

The whole principle then negates the need for having turnstyle operators, so that one person (in theory) could then monitor multiple entry points.

So, what happens at AG? We have loads of kiddies sat in the turnstyles listening to their i-pods and playing with their phones doing jack all, and a load of extra dim-witted stewards double checking the tickets prior to entry holding everyone up!!

Maybe I'm being a little unfair on the stewards - but each time I asked why they were checking my ticket, they just said "because I've got to..", and when I re-iterated the question, the same answer again and again - a little transparency wouldn't go a-miss would it ?!!

My Son and I had problems at the Charlton game and our ticket wouldn't scan. Apparently the problem was that he had just changed the printer ink. The Steward also went on to say that the scanning system has lots of problems that need to be sorted out

Archived