IGNORED

On A Lighter Note...

Jordan Tansley

This forum, bloody brilliant stuff. Can't get over the bi-polar nature of the place!!

No conviction of thought on here, after Boro a few sarcastically moaned that it was too positive a place to be OTIB... Now you look at the first page and it's full of OTT wrist slitting threads about it being the worst period ever, how it's the boards fault, the players fault, the society we live ins fault, Lee Johnson's fault, blah blah blah.

I mean you have to find it funny, if not you'd be forced to be completely embarrassed... If I were a Sag having a gleeful read I'd be absolutely joyous at the schizophrenic and extreme views on here.

Amazingly, the truth usually lies somewhere near the middle. So no matter how entertaining the mental fragility of the forums posters is becoming... Can't we all just calm it down a touch?

:)

This forum, bloody brilliant stuff. Can't get over the bi-polar nature of the place!!

No conviction of thought on here, after Boro a few sarcastically moaned that it was too positive a place to be OTIB... Now you look at the first page and it's full of OTT wrist slitting threads about it being the worst period ever, how it's the boards fault, the players fault, the society we live ins fault, Lee Johnson's fault, blah blah blah.

I mean you have to find it funny, if not you'd be forced to be completely embarrassed... If I were a Sag having a gleeful read I'd be absolutely joyous at the schizophrenic and extreme views on here.

Amazingly, the truth usually lies somewhere near the middle. So no matter how entertaining the mental fragility of the forums posters is becoming... Can't we all just calm it down a touch?

Have a peek on their forum , it's exactly the same as this one.........only blue !

There's no need to be ufcking sensible!

I do agree slightly Jord, it's a little OTT but everyone is just very pee'd off and upset at how the club is falling into a joke.

Have a peek on their forum , it's exactly the same as this one.........only blue !

I had a read of the FGR thread, and for the first time in years they came across as quite humble and accepting of their position... The first step on the road to recovery is accepting you have a problem, we need to accept that some of our expectations are excessive.

What expectations are excessive? Staying up? A team that actually plays some half watchable football in some semblance of consistancy after 4 years of ****. Is it unreasonable to get pissed at a manager who sticks with key players who are bang out of form, and not even playing others.

The true culprits of course are the senior management, who year on year peddle the shame shit about progression while seemingly unable to deliver it while pissing people off at every turn.

The reaction on this forum is exactly what you would expect people who have been let down, lied to and stolen from.

What expectations are excessive? Staying up? A team that actually plays some half watchable football in some semblance of consistancy after 4 years of ****. Is it unreasonable to get pissed at a manager who sticks with key players who are bang out of form, and not even playing others.

The true culprits of course are the senior management, who year on year peddle the shame shit about progression while seemingly unable to deliver it while pissing people off at every turn.

The reaction on this forum is exactly what you would expect people who have been let down, lied to and stolen from.

Let Down YES

Lied To ??

Stolen from ??

I had a read of the FGR thread, and for the first time in years they came across as quite humble and accepting of their position... The first step on the road to recovery is accepting you have a problem, we need to accept that some of our expectations are excessive.

Our expectations are excessive? What do you think the average person on this forum expects?

It comes across that there is an expectation to win every game.

Now that's not to dismiss our form, I'm talking long term. Even when we've been alright that expectation on here feels present.

Disagree, I think since the heady days of the play offs, after the past 2 seasons our expectations were very firmly mid table with no major problems in fact pretty much the promise that DMC made at the end of last season. Certainly not to have lost 6 at home already and be 4-0 down at half time to a team who had hardly scored away from home all season. I don't view that as excessive.

I expected a decent fist at a lower mid-table finish this season. Hardly unrealistic expectations are they? This bunch of players are letting their manager and their supporters down, week in week out. Steve Lansdown has invested a decent amount of money in this team, while teams like Charlton and Millwall are showing us up, on fairly small budgets. I at least expect a bit of passion from our players. Some of them are more than capable of performing at this level, but they are not showing it.

It comes across that there is an expectation to win every game.

Now that's not to dismiss our form, I'm talking long term. Even when we've been alright that expectation on here feels present.

Nah disagree mate. Yeah you may have one or two but the general expectation from people like myself on here is I just want to see progress. Look at Swansea, look at Palace, look at Millwall, look at Watford....this division is not the impossible task some people on here like to some times make out.

The problem is with you Jordan, you seem to have this belief that you have this vast knowledge of football and you pateonise and try to belittle, in a very subtle way, people who don't agree with you, or behave like you.

My expectations this season was mid table to 16th. With no relegation fight....I personally do not feel that expectation is excessive.

I expect the manager to play his best players....this is standard. It doesn't happen.

I expect the players who take to the pitch to do the basics. Yesterday was yet another game when the basics were not done. The third goal....I wouldnt expect that on a Sunday morning....let alone from players earning thousands a week.

You've had this patronising attitude for a while now....and because you have no where else to go with your "pro McInnes" attitude....your next direction is to say the fans have to high an expectation.

Nah disagree mate. Yeah you may have one or two but the general expectation from people like myself on here is I just want to see progress. Look at Swansea, look at Palace, look at Millwall, look at Watford....this division is not the impossible task some people on here like to some times make out.

The problem is with you Jordan, you seem to have this belief that you have this vast knowledge of football and you pateonise and try to belittle, in a very subtle way, people who don't agree with you, or behave like you.

My expectations this season was mid table to 16th. With no relegation fight....I personally do not feel that expectation is excessive.

I expect the manager to play his best players....this is standard. It doesn't happen.

I expect the players who take to the pitch to do the basics. Yesterday was yet another game when the basics were not done. The third goal....I wouldnt expect that on a Sunday morning....let alone from players earning thousands a week.

You've had this patronising attitude for a while now....and because you have no where else to go with your "pro McInnes" attitude....your next direction is to say the fans have to high an expectation.

Ooosh. :shocking:

Why get on somones back for having an opinion, ffs, just cos it dont slot into your idea of how the world should turn doesnt mean he's wrong, live and let live, listen learn and understand an objective viewpoint.......then rip the crap out of him....nicely x

I said exactly that to a work colleauge this morning.

I think the internet has some sort of magical effect on its users, forcing people to adopt an extreme view on each and every subject, perhaps for fear that they won't be noticed if they are too moderate or boring.

The thing is, this place has always been the same. I've been reading (and occasionally posting on) the forum since way back in the Benny Lennartson season and the extreme polarity of views has never ceased to amaze or amuse.

As mentioned by someone on another thread, the internet (or at least a fans' forum) didn't exist during City's previous depressing spells in the early 80s and mid 90s, and I don't remember anything like the air of negativity that surrounds the club right now. Though the internet can be a great medium for sharing views I think it can also be quite damaging. Particularly for this football club at this time.

Now I'm getting on a bit & have spent 60 years following City. There are quite a lot of games to remember so correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we once lose 0-5 to Wolves at AG in the championship or Div 2 as it was? Add to that losing 0-6 to Cardiff which I'm sure all of you can remember and it's quite clear we are not actually approaching the end of the world. Not just yet anyway.

Archived