IGNORED

Fontaine

thorne

Sorry, I'm going to defend Fontaine

He has had different and often inept defenders almost every game alongside him. When Carey, a player he knows, and trusts played against Middlesbrough he did well.

Also, however bad you think he is there isnt another REGULAR player who could be Captain. Carey is just part time now.

There you have the problem, which players would you pick each week and which one would be captain?

He has had different and often inept defenders almost every game alongside him. When Carey, a player he knows, and trusts played against Middlesbrough he did well.

Also, however bad you think he is there isnt another REGULAR player who could be Captain. Carey is just part time now.

There you have the problem, which players would you pick each week and which one would be captain?

I don't think he's as bad a player as people make out. But he is a horrendous choice of captain IMO. Heaton or Stead would be the most likely candidates for me which speaks volumes about leadership in our team. Maybe Danns would be a shout if we could sign him perm.

He has inept defenders alongside him? He's the worst of the lot!!

I've watched Liam Fontaine for many seasons now and I don't think he is generally worse but the pressure of captaincy has affected his game for sure. Not a captain/leader figure on or off the pitch, but a decent centre half on most days. However whoever appointed him captain should have recognised this long before I had to write this

Take his armband and give it to someone who gives a fig.

Del you need to drop the guy, it could be your downfall

Did anyone else see or know why he was giving the thumbs up to the dolman??

Reckon he was getting some verbals and he was sarcastically given the thumbs up perhaps :dunno:

Albert was given plenty near the end from the Dolman. He was thumbing up the people slating him. Didnt see Fontaine though. Pisses me off when Fontaine claps the fans though when hes being booed off!! Aswell as an inept captain and footballer, hes either good with sarcasm or thick as two planks.

And to think he was close to joining Southampton in the summer for 800k.

I wonder if that's had something to do with his shocking form as well you know, maybe it went to his head? That coupled with the fact Del constantly raves about him and probably assured him a place in the team every week behind closed doors.

I wonder if that's had something to do with his shocking form as well you know, maybe it went to his head? That coupled with the fact Del constantly raves about him and probably assured him a place in the team every week behind closed doors.

I doubt it, I do think he believes he's better than he is though. Fonts is a player who plays to the level of those around him, with good players he is a good player but with poor players like we have he gets found out and is rubbish.

I doubt it, I do think he believes he's better than he is though. Fonts is a player who plays to the level of those around him, with good players he is a good player but with poor players like we have he gets found out and is rubbish.

Sorry that should have read Del constantly raved about him, not raves about him!

I remember Fonts getting taken apart by Doyle when Reading beat us 4-1, although he was playing LB that day. Maybe it's a mental thing and he shouldn't be picked when Kevin Doyle is in the opposition !

Maybe we shouldn't pick him when the opposition play any attacking players he might be ok then

We brought in Danny Wilson (a current international) a left sided centre half and he still wont drop Fontaine. Our defence has been awful for a couple of seasons now and most of that points to Fonts.

He should never have been made captain, he like too many of our players are too nice ,he never barks out orders gives a bollocking or offers encouragement to team mates he is just to quiet for the armband .

I would strip him of the captaincy and farm him out on loan for the season in the hope he may find his lost form.

If McManus is staying after Jan i would make him Captain when he returns from injury. He's been a proven Captain at previous clubs and others around him would have respect for him, whereas who the fek has any respect for Fonts

He just can't handle the responsability of the captaincy, and that has been Dels biggest mistake so far. Nor can he organise the back line. I sit near the front, and Heaton is the only one attempting to establish some organisation. It's been a distraction to his game, and after a year of poor performances, the last few months shocking, he's lost all confidence. After such a long time playing poorly, I can't see him ever recovering. We should get shot of him in January, bring in a proper defender, or two (depending on how generous SL is feeling), and appoint a new captain. I don't think we can speculate on a new captain, since Pearson and Foster are the only players that seem to survive McInnes's constant re-jigging. If that stops, then we can look at picking a new one dependant on regulars. Davis seems the only player who performs well, and so i think he should be given a more regular place and the arm band. Stead I think is the best leader, but would you fancy starting him every game?

Archived