IGNORED

January Policy - Sell High Earners, Play The Youth

herman

i hope a similar discussion is taking place at board room level - we need to wait about 2 more weeks and unless mciness has put at least 6 points on the board from our next 3 games, then decisive action needs to be taken in january

1. accept any bid for any player above 23, we need them off the wage bill before we go down

2. start the youngsters, letting them know that they're under no pressure and the style of football is more important than the results, since by then we'll be effectively down anyway

3. offer our top 10 wage earners the chance to go to another club on a free, just tear up their contracts

4. move players from the under 21 set up into the first team

we absolutely cannot afford to go into leage one paying our bloated wage bill. january is the time to sell, sell, sell. hopefully the results will come and it wont be necessary, but spending more money on the likes of keinan, d. wilson, morris and anderson (millions of pounds, a total of about 45 minutes of palying time) will not help anyone, let alone the financial future of the club

Exactly, High earners Foster, Fontaine, Pearson, Woolford, Killkenny, Elliott, Stead and of course the high earning bench warming already damaged goods Baldock and Davies.

I just watched his woeful effort chasing Doyle for the 3rd goal again.

I just watched his woeful effort chasing Doyle for the 3rd goal again.

Sadly though it could have been Elliott, Skuse (if fit) or Pearson, only Danns seems to be the only midfielder who understands the concept of tracking back and picking up runners etc. I never seen a team ever so vulnerable down the middle as we are and I have never seen a midfield or defence back off from making tackles like we do and then we lunge in on the edge of our box and either miss or give away dangerous free kicks.

Sadly though it could have been Elliott, Skuse (if fit) or Pearson, only Danns seems to be the only midfielder who understands the concept of tracking back and picking up runners etc. I never seen a team ever so vulnerable down the middle as we are and I have never seen a midfield or defence back off from making tackles like we do and then we lunge in on the edge of our box and either miss or give away dangerous free kicks.

Says it all that we adopt a defensive formation and still look like conceding shed loads!

Any one with half a brain would have taken him out on the halfway line. Its not as if Kilknenny will rack up 5 bookings and miss a game. In fact i'd be suprised if he racked up 5 tackles in his City career.

He should, but to be fair to the minuture midfielder, we were asking him to do a job he can't.

He lined up far too deep, never got forward enough to play any through passes to Taylor and McInnes and seemed to be expecting him to play in some sort of sweeper role. And while he was in front of the back 4, the rest of the midfield were not getting back enough, thinking we had someone to cover that position.

If we had intended to play a 4-1-4-1 formation, we should put Marv back there. He can at least tackle.

As it was, we were doomed from the start. A weak defence was given zero protection.

He lined up far too deep, never got forward enough to play any through passes

That's all he ever does. Don't get me wrong, we could probably do with replacing all the central midfielders but Kilkenny would be top of the list for me, the blokes a liablity. Marv is hardly class but at least you will see him stick the boot in.

I would be very surprised to see anyone come in for any of our centre midfield players.

I would be very surprised to see anyone come in for any of our centre midfield players.

Me too! The only player that's likely to attract January interest is Albert - and if we flog him we lose our only way to get the ball out of our half (apart from the odd run by Bryan).

There's a bit of kneejerking "get rid of them all" on this and other threads. You can't do that for a multitude of practical reasons, but with Joe established, we should also look to bring Bobby Reid into the side more than for 5 minute cameos. I can't see that he could be any more ineffective than what's out there now.

Me too! The only player that's likely to attract January interest is Albert - and if we flog him we lose our only way to get the ball out of our half (apart from the odd run by Bryan).

There's a bit of kneejerking "get rid of them all" on this and other threads. You can't do that for a multitude of practical reasons, but with Joe established, we should also look to bring Bobby Reid into the side more than for 5 minute cameos. I can't see that he could be any more ineffective than what's out there now.

Yep im with you on that. May as well give the kids a chance, if anything it might just embarass some decent form out of the more senior players if they see the young'uns putting in a decent shift.

Pitman back and keep him for League 1

His detractors won't like it but that's a really good point.

If we go down Davies and Baldock will leave and we won't find a better goalscorer at that level than Pitman.

Pretty sure it's more or less a done deal with Bournemouth for January unfortunately.

Presumably Taylor will be gone as well as he's such an 'effective' frontman that he must have admirers so we'll be starting from scratch as regards forwards.

His detractors won't like it but that's a really good point.

If we go down Davies and Baldock will leave and we won't find a better goalscorer at that level than Pitman.

Pretty sure it's more or less a done deal with Bournemouth for January unfortunately.

Presumably Taylor will be gone as well as he's such an 'effective' frontman that he must have admirers so we'll be starting from scratch as regards forwards.

Yes i am sure Pitman can't wait to come back here?!

Yes i am sure Pitman can't wait to come back here?!

After 3 mostly miserable season's, when his career stalled through little fault of his own, it would be understandable if he was very much looking forward to returning to AG.

As a Bournemouth player. :angry:

If we go down this season as much more likely than not at present, there will be no bounce. The league has changed considerably since our time there and like PNE, Coventry and various others, we will be in for a culture shock. We no longer have a team that can compete at this level, or is geared towards that level. There will likely be no bounce and we will do well to stay there. Remember before and indeed when GJ started we were in danger of going out of that league too.

I have to agree, the crap being spouted about relegation being a good thing and we would come straight back up and big fish in a small pond is meaningless without a manager who has yet to display that somehow he has the tactical know how to achieve that.

I have to agree, the crap being spouted about relegation being a good thing and we would come straight back up and big fish in a small pond is meaningless without a manager who has yet to display that somehow he has the tactical know how to achieve that.

Agree. There's no way we'd come straight back up.

Transfer policy?

Sell the whole team except baldock, davies, adomah, heaten, bryan and danns

Get rid of all are shit players and look for a few lower league gems who actually want to play for this club and put in performances

Danns isn't ours to sell. He's gone in a couple of weeks. Should be snapped up if he would stay

Archived