IGNORED

Bristol City Were Weaker Down The Left - Solbakken

hippy273

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-Liam-Fontaine-fronts-defeat/story-17484706-detail/story.html

Under pressure following a sequence of nine games without a win prior to this game, Wolves boss Stale Solbakken insisted his players had displayed courage in difficult circumstances.

He said: "Because of the run we had been on, coming to play a team below us in the league was difficult.

"There was a lot of pressure and I felt the players dealt with it very well."

Explaining his decision to recall Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and move Bjorn Sigurdarson to the right wing, he added: "We felt Bristol City were weaker down the left side and tried to exploit that.

"I asked Kevin Doyle to drop a little deeper and play behind the front striker and it worked very well for us.

"I'm happy with four goals away from home but, on another day, it could easily have been a lot more."

When did you last hear Del-Boy look at analysed tactics like that? All i can say is i hope Cunningham is back playing on Saturday, otherwise our season is over.

I don't buy it. If he'd analysed us properly he'd have realised that we're weak right across the pitch, that he could afford to leave the entire first team at the Molyneux, and that all he'd need to do to secure the win was find 10 / 11 monkeys and appropriately-sized kits.

I don't buy it. If he'd analysed us properly he'd have realised that we're weak right across the pitch, that he could afford to leave the entire first team at the Molyneux, and that all he'd need to do to secure the win was find 10 / 11 monkeys and appropriately-sized kits.

They'd have to be trained monkeys. mind...

Don't let Ramires mishear you say that!

"I'm happy with four goals away from home but, on another day, it could easily have been a lot more."

I totally agree with that.................... And they had only scored two away prior Saturdays game !

No they hadn't !!!!!!!!!!

I think this was another of Ian "Legend in his own half time" ToddlerBoy's comments on Radio Briz.

Like many of the comments that he says with absolute authority it seems to be sticking!

True, you can talk any old carp with authority and some people will believe you

I totally agree with that.................... And they had only scored two away prior Saturdays game !

It certainly could, they could easily have had another 3 in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half alone. :angry:

Yeah Cunningham will change the whole dynamic of the team, you're right.

Fontaine will start concentrating

Elliott will revert back to the Elliott of old

The players will start showing more passion

All individual mistakes will be eradicated

Hurry up Cunningham

elliot could control the ball and pass it to a team mate

Pearson will do something other than run

Kilkenny will succesfully play a through ball

We will play our best players in the best position

Yeah ffs cunnigham hurry up

I think this was another of Ian "Legend in his own half time" ToddlerBoy's comments on Radio Briz.

Like many of the comments that he says with absolute authority it seems to be sticking!

Not "Ian - I've taken over the other forum so I can say what I like and I'm always right"

Yeah Cunningham will change the whole dynamic of the team, you're right.

Fontaine will start concentrating

Elliott will revert back to the Elliott of old

The players will start showing more passion

All individual mistakes will be eradicated

Hurry up Cunningham

Football is mostly about balance and Cunningham brings that to the team, it means that Woolford can play his best football (as he did at the start of the season) and we can get the service to the strikers (as we did at the start of the season). It wont fix everything but I expect the team to start performing a lot better. Having said that it wont fix Fontaine, he is just shocking.

Archived