IGNORED

Louis Carey

Red_30

Is it any coincidence the last game he played in we won. Mcinnes played same lineup as that game except Carey saturday and we lost.

Does he effect our team that much or is it just a coincidence.

From what i can remember reading he had a solid game v boro. So just thinking with all this leader talk is he the difference?.........

I think Carey has more heart then a lot of the players n this makes up for his ageing body

He shud really be on the bench but it is a sign of how bad things are that most fans wud have him in their first 11. To be honest I'd have him at right bk over foster every time or centre back with Bates (can't judge d Wilson yet)

I'm not saying we won because of him but when he plays does it help as he is seen as a 'leader'?

I do agree with stucks. It does go to show if he is our only leader it has got desperate. We should be bringing in more players like him. Like Hartley or similar mould to Tommy. Player with passion and bite to his game. Which is obviously lacking from the team at the moment.

Sometimes watching someone "get stuck in" and throwing their body on the line much like Carey does can give the whole team a boost. It certainly encourages the crowd. We need someone like that in midfield, we need a nasty basterd who might pick up a couple of reds here and there but will let the opposition know he's there. Some like tommy doc, hartley, Roy Keane esque.

I don't know the championship well enough to suggest a player, but an equivalent to the likes of Essien, Keane, Gattuso, Makelele, or even Joey Barton! Not that I'm comparing him to them ability wise but that type of player.

No, I think we won there because they had a perfectly good goal ruled out, and missed two sitters before we scored our second. I think we won in spite of Carey, not because of him.

Complete and utter nonsense. Louis was superb against Boro and was the main reason for our most solid performance in a long time. He was only exposed once in the game in the build up to the corner for their goal when Foster's poor positioning enabled Miller to drag Louis out wide into an area where no centre half is ever comfortable and Miller was able to show his superior pace. I would like to know how you are able to declare that it was a 'perfectly good goal' as well. At the very most there are three people in the world that know if that ball crossed the line and unless you were somehow in our six yard box you are not one of them. The incident that led to the goal line clearance also had nothing to do with Louis Carey! You'll also have to remind me of the two 'sitters' that Boro wasted?

It is worth noting that of our last four away wins Louis has produced an herioc performance to see us through in three of them. I know it would seem that I am in the minority, but I actually think that offering Louis a new deal in the summer is one of the few things that McInnes has done right. By all reasonable estimates he will be one of our lowest paid players and although he may not be available every game he is an excellent player (and character) to call on as we drift from crisis to crisis. As much as I admire him, I really do pray that one day Louis will be truly surplus to requirements as it will mean that our first choice defenders are doing a good job. Unfortunately that time doesn't look to be coming any time soon and we will keep having to turn to Louis to step up when times get tough.

Is it a sad indictment of the rest of our defenders that Louis is still our most skilled player in the art of defending? Of course it is.

Should we be planning for a future with Louis? Definitely not.

Would it be nice to sign some defenders that have Louis' heart, will to win and desire (not to mention ability)? Certainly.

Will I be slightly more confident if Louis is on the team sheet Saturday? Afraid so.

Complete and utter nonsense. Louis was superb against Boro and was the main reason for our most solid performance in a long time. He was only exposed once in the game in the build up to the corner for their goal when Foster's poor positioning enabled Miller to drag Louis out wide into an area where no centre half is ever comfortable and Miller was able to show his superior pace. I would like to know how you are able to declare that it was a 'perfectly good goal' as well. At the very most there are three people in the world that know if that ball crossed the line and unless you were somehow in our six yard box you are not one of them. The incident that led to the goal line clearance also had nothing to do with Louis Carey! You'll also have to remind me of the two 'sitters' that Boro wasted?

It is worth noting that of our last four away wins Louis has produced an herioc performance to see us through in three of them. I know it would seem that I am in the minority, but I actually think that offering Louis a new deal in the summer is one of the few things that McInnes has done right. By all reasonable estimates he will be one of our lowest paid players and although he may not be available every game he is an excellent player (and character) to call on as we drift from crisis to crisis. As much as I admire him, I really do pray that one day Louis will be truly surplus to requirements as it will mean that our first choice defenders are doing a good job. Unfortunately that time doesn't look to be coming any time soon and we will keep having to turn to Louis to step up when times get tough.

Is it a sad indictment of the rest of our defenders that Louis is still our most skilled player in the art of defending? Of course it is.

Would it be nice to sign some defenders that have Louis' heart, will to win and desire (not to mention ability)? Certainly.

Will I be slightly more confident if Louis is on the team sheet Saturday? Afraid so.

+1

Well said.

you say giving him a new deal was right well clearly now as he doesnt play him :laugh: ( i agree though carey is a class act )

I think Carey has more heart then a lot of the players n this makes up for his ageing body

He shud really be on the bench but it is a sign of how bad things are that most fans wud have him in their first 11. To be honest I'd have him at right bk over foster every time or centre back with Bates (can't judge d Wilson yet)

Yeah I agree with this fella. I don't rate either Foster or M Wilson and would rather Carey slot in there and simply defend to allow Albert more time to attack!

I would also call back Joe Edwards. People say Morris was a pointless signing but I think M Wilson was just as pointless.

He isn't even that good. Preventing Edwards as well. Get rid in jan and call back Joe.

Carey should never have been given this last contract, remove the sentimentality factor, and quite frankly he does cut it, hes been past is a couple of seasons. The wages hes on could be used along with Fontaine, Nyatanga be used more effectively in getting better defenders...over to you steve, & Del...

Sometimes watching someone "get stuck in" and throwing their body on the line much like Carey does can give the whole team a boost. It certainly encourages the crowd. We need someone like that in midfield, we need a nasty basterd who might pick up a couple of reds here and there but will let the opposition know he's there. Some like tommy doc, hartley, Roy Keane esque.

I don't know the championship well enough to suggest a player, but an equivalent to the likes of Essien, Keane, Gattuso, Makelele, or even Joey Barton! Not that I'm comparing him to them ability wise but that type of player.

Good Post,

Desperatley needed, someone to leave a foot in, disrupt, get under the skin and shake your opponents a little our discipline is to good for a team fighting for championship survival. It may not be the "footballing" way but sometimes you need to stop your opponents.

Doyle's 2nd should have been stopped before he got near enough to shoot, ideally a quality tackle but at all costs stopped. Kilkenny and Fontaine did nothing but run.

Whats to loose a yellow card or another goal?

We need a nasty streak as its all too easy for our opponents

Whatever the rights and wrongs of him as a player, what do we think he'd be like as a manager?

If we needed a temporary solution (and we might) I can't think who else would be caretaker? I can only think of Carey and/or Alex Russell....

With a motivated squad, possibly. With this mob, not a chance. We need someone to kick their individual and collective arses - Louis is far too nice for that.

Excellent post.

If we had 11 players who gave as much as Carey does we probably wouldn't be in our current position.

His experience is vital at the moment, and I think the lack of older heads and the nous they bring is one of the reasons we are struggling.

Carey should never have been given this last contract, remove the sentimentality factor, and quite frankly he does cut it, hes been past is a couple of seasons. The wages hes on could be used along with Fontaine, Nyatanga be used more effectively in getting better defenders...over to you steve, & Del...

I would have to disagree. Louis has played in three of Citys wins this season. His appearances as of last season have included matches were he has clearly cut it. Advanatges of having him in the squad on a reduced salary are that he clearly knows what he is doing, he is a commited pro, he can be trusted to pass a ball from A-B without dithering on it for ever and is still displaying a level of performance that is above his peers who have struggled to get above mediocre.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of him as a player, what do we think he'd be like as a manager?

If we needed a temporary solution (and we might) I can't think who else would be caretaker? I can only think of Carey and/or Alex Russell....

Pretty sure Louis has said he does not want to go into management.

I would have to disagree. Louis has played in three of Citys wins this season. His appearances as of last season have included matches were he has clearly cut it. Advanatges of having him in the squad on a reduced salary are that he clearly knows what he is doing, he is a commited pro, he can be trusted to pass a ball from A-B without dithering on it for ever and is still displaying a level of performance that is above his peers who have struggled to get above mediocre.

100% agree.

Still the best defender we have got and worth his wages.

Archived