IGNORED

Jose Mourinho

Carey 6

he may have won most things there is to win in top flight football, but he cant call himself the special one until he has taken a relegation threatened championship club and took them into the top half of the Premier League on a shoestring budget. If you are reading this Jose, there is a real challenge for you.

he may have won most things there is to win in top flight football, but he cant call himself the special one until he has taken a relegation threatened championship club and took them into the top half of the Premier League on a shoestring budget. If you are reading this Jose, there is a real challenge for you.

Totally agree, and Jose I think you are great.

Wouldnt last a minute here

One loss and this forum would be full of posts slanging him off

saying he hasnt got a clue and we need a manager with championship experience!!!!

He would still be a success.

I'm not so sure, he has only ever been bought up around a good standard of player. When he started coaching players who could not trap a bag of cement, a lot of his best laid plans would fall apart. He would certainly have to adjust everything he has learnt to make up for the shite tools.

Mourinho is great.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Sir Alex may retire at the end of the season with JM taking over the reigns of Man U. I think he is one of the only managers who could take over without feeling the pressure of being the one to follow on from SAF. He certainly has a strong enough personality for it to make little difference.

I'm not so sure, he has only ever been bought up around a good standard of player. When he started coaching players who could not trap a bag of cement, a lot of his best laid plans would fall apart. He would certainly have to adjust everything he has learnt to make up for the shite tools.

His greatest strength though is making his team love him, love eachother and fight till the death. He can still make a team with poorer quality than other teams achieve more than them.

The weakest team he has managed is Uniao de Leiria and his record stands at played 20, won 11, drawn 5, lost 4. Impressive still.

It's always him and his team against the world.

Mourinho is great.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Sir Alex may retire at the end of the season with JM taking over the reigns of Man U. I think he is one of the only managers who could take over without feeling the pressure of being the one to follow on from the SAF. He certainly has a strong enough personality for it to make little difference.

Hope he wins the Champions League with Madrid first.

Want that 10th so bad!

Can't see how, he's only been a manager at clubs where's he has spent massive amounts of money on top class players.

He's a tactical manager.

He's always coached the end product, not the player who needs coaching.

IMO the quality of player and teams through out the whole of league two and league one is close enough to be bridged by tactical know-how.

I certainly wouldn't write him off.

His greatest strength though is making his team love him, love eachother and fight till the death. He can still make a team with poorer quality than other teams achieve more than them.

The weakest team he has managed is Uniao de Leiria and his record stands at played 20, won 11, drawn 5, lost 4. Impressive still.

It's always him and his team against the world.

Oh I don't doubt he knows how to motivate. But Rochdale, with English cloggers who can't pass or trap a ball vs a lower league Portuguese team who maybe poor but have technique, there is a difference. Eventually I think he would do well, but can't see the instant success he has bought to top clubs.

Ps, I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it, I think the bloke is a awsome manager, its not often you hear me pass out praise like that :)

Mourinho has 20 years of football management left, I will predict he will win the Champions league with Madrid then leave.

He will then manage in England for atleast 5 years and win atleast 3 league titles, all the domestic cups and a couple of Champions leagues.

He will then manage in Germany (Bayern) and France (PSG) before managing Portugal and winning either the Euro's and World Cup with them.

Would be incredible.

IMO the quality of player and teams through out the whole of league two and league one is close enough to be bridged by tactical know-how.

I certainly wouldn't write him off.

Im not denying he's a top class manager/tactician but like a lot of the "top" managers it's all about how much money they have to spend.

Im not denying he's a top class manager/tactician but like a lot of the "top" managers it's all about how much money they have to spend.

I agree money is a significant factor into their success but at Inter he made some shocking signings.

Ricardo Quaresma - 18m euros

Mancini - 13m euros

Sulley Muntari - 14m euros

All three of these players were poor, Muntari the best of a bad bunch.

I agree money is a significant factor into their success but at Inter he made some shocking signings.

Ricardo Quaresma - 18m euros

Mancini - 13m euros

Sulley Muntari - 14m euros

All three of these players were poor, Muntari the best of a bad bunch.

You only have to look at Alex ferguson re bad signings, for every good one he's probably made a bad one.

But when you have an endless pot of money to throw around its easy for the bad signings to be forgotten about, Ralph Milne...........

You only have to look at Alex ferguson re bad signings, for every good one he's probably made a bad one.

But when you have an endless pot of money to throw around its easy for the bad signings to be forgotten about, Ralph Milne...........

Wasn't Milne bought because Fergie needed to spend his budget for the season, no other reason? I'm sure that was the story Fergie tells.

Djemba Djemba has got to be right up there though, for truely shocking Fergie signings.

Wasn't Milne bought because Fergie needed to spend his budget for the season, no other reason? I'm sure that was the story Fergie tells.

Djemba Djemba has got to be right up there though, for truely shocking Fergie signings.

Kleberson

Bebe is the worst ever. 7M and the first time he bought someone without ever watching them.

Mourinho is great.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Sir Alex may retire at the end of the season with JM taking over the reigns of Man U. I think he is one of the only managers who could take over without feeling the pressure of being the one to follow on from SAF. He certainly has a strong enough personality for it to make little difference.

I reckon Moyes will get Man U gig post Fergie. Fergie loves him and will no doubt get a big say in the decision.

Would Utd risk going for Jose? Amazing manager but doubt he would hang around long plus he may bring his 'bigger than the club' attitude.

Mourinho is great just cant see him at Utd, not immediately post Fergie anyway

I reckon Moyes will get Man U gig post Fergie. Fergie loves him and will no doubt get a big say in the decision.

Would Utd risk going for Jose? Amazing manager but doubt he would hang around long plus he may bring his 'bigger than the club' attitude.

Mourinho is great just cant see him at Utd, not immediately post Fergie anyway

After Madrid there isn't many other places for Mourinho to go. Germany and France are still nothing he's keen on just yet so the only jobs he's after are Premier league and Portugal national job. I think he'll conquer England for some years as he loves the country and so do his family

After Madrid there isn't many other places for Mourinho to go. Germany and France are still nothing he's keen on just yet so the only jobs he's after are Premier league and Portugal national job. I think he'll conquer England for some years as he loves the country and so do his family

What do you mean by Germany are still nothing?

Archived