IGNORED

Dutch Youth Team Murder Linesman - Truly Disgraceful

hippy273

http://uk.eurosport....-181329171.html

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, i thought dutch youth teams were supposed to have some of the best youth talent around. Poor attitude towards the game.

Bit of an over-generalisation there?

Edit: just read elsewhere that they are youths of Moroccan origin not Dutch.

http://uk.eurosport....-181329171.html

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, i thought dutch youth teams were supposed to have some of the best youth talent around. Poor attitude towards the game.

... and what makes you think that isn't possible here ? There are more enough knuckle draggers around our club that could cause something like this. All you need is someone thinking "he deserved a slap" and someone falling awkwardly or with an underlying health issue could easily die. And BTW, people doing stuff like this doesn't illustrate a "poor attitude the game" - it's a basic lack of humanity.

You have to blame the parents,but lack of discipline is widespread since you were not allowed to hit them.

Human rights has a lot to answer for

how can you say on the one hand that it's wrong for them to attack an adult and on the other that adults should hit kids? Violence is wrong whoever is the victim no?

Bit to PC i think

it's easy to say that but if you ask any expert in child psychology they will tell you that a child brought up in an environment where violence is commonplace is more likely to themselves behave in a violent manner. The term "pc" is too often used out of context, I have no problem with people getting annoyed by silly pc nonsense such as renaming man hole "person hole" but when it comes to treating people in a decent way that isn't political correctness, it's just being decent. Who's to say that the boys who attacked this official didn't come from a background where they were hit or were exposed to violence? What they did was clearly wrong but it's also wrong to hit children, it can't be" too pc" to not hit someone.

it's easy to say that but if you ask any expert in child psychology they will tell you that a child brought up in an environment where violence is commonplace is more likely to themselves behave in a violent manner. The term "pc" is too often used out of context, I have no problem with people getting annoyed by silly pc nonsense such as renaming man hole "person hole" but when it comes to treating people in a decent way that isn't political correctness, it's just being decent. Who's to say that the boys who attacked this official didn't come from a background where they were hit or were exposed to violence? What they did was clearly wrong but it's also wrong to hit children, it can't be" too pc" to not hit someone.

There is a massive difference between commonplace violence and giving a child a quick slap around the legs for misbehaving

You have to blame the parents,but lack of discipline is widespread since you were not allowed to hit them.

Human rights has a lot to answer for

Cant agree to that, saying no means no and sticking to it, setting boundaries at an early age and sticking to it, having time for your kids and not palming them off on tv or others to go to the pub, teaching kids that nothing is free and everything in life is earned and not taken for granted.

Keeping to theses value has led to a well behaved daughter, who yes can sometimes as a teenager push the envelope, but she know when she is pushing her luck, all without ever having the need to raise a hand to her.

Hitting a child only teaches them one thing, that if you want some one to do as you want, hit them.

Cant agree to that, saying no means no and sticking to it, setting boundaries at an early age and sticking to it, having time for your kids and not palming them off on tv or others to go to the pub, teaching kids that nothing is free and everything in life is earned and not taken for granted.

Keeping to theses value has led to a well behaved daughter, who yes can sometimes as a teenager push the envelope, but she know when she is pushing her luck, all without ever having the need to raise a hand to her.

Hitting a child only teaches them one thing, that if you want some one to do as you want, hit them.

Big part of modern insolence, though I took 3 palms to the bare backside (in public) if I was really playing up

Archived