IGNORED

Fa Youth Cup

Eco

Most exciting game I ever saw at the Gate was a Youth Cup Semi-Final against Sunderland. Lost 2-0 away in first leg, 2-0 down at HT in the second leg, scored 4 in the second half and 2 in injury time. Won 6-4 on aggregate.

There were about 4,000 there, but it sounded like 40,000 :)

The was the nucleus of the side that reached the real Division 1, Geoff Merrick and the rest. Great days :city:

Most exciting game I ever saw at the Gate was a Youth Cup Semi-Final against Sunderland. Lost 2-0 away in first leg, 2-0 down at HT in the second leg, scored 4 in the second half and 2 in injury time. Won 6-4 on aggregate.

There were about 4,000 there, but it sounded like 40,000 :)

The was the nucleus of the side that reached the real Division 1, Geoff Merrick and the rest. Great days :city:

A few years later , about 73? Gary Collier was Captain and we also reached the semi final.

There was a big crowd of about 9,000 and all I remember is City lost.

It just goes to show this is a cup that can capture the imagination of the fans.

Looking forward to this evening - more than last Saturday in fact - let's hope for a good home win and a cup run.

A few years later , about 73? Gary Collier was Captain and we also reached the semi final.

There was a big crowd of about 9,000 and all I remember is City lost.

It just goes to show this is a cup that can capture the imagination of the fans.

Looking forward to this evening - more than last Saturday in fact - let's hope for a good home win and a cup run.

I thought we reached the final, which was the same as tonight's opponents Ipswich, which we lost. Although, Collier was eminence and if I remember correctly he played in midfield, a man versus boys at that time. Oh, for one of his likes now!!!

Well, that's interesting, I thought Wes Burns was our best player with strong performances from defenders (when did I last type that?) Batten and Jamal Simms.

Morrell looked too small to be anywhere near any older age group football yet, he certainly didn't stand out for me, in fact the other CM (no.8) looked better on this one showing.

Good football played by all the young lads though.

Archived