IGNORED

Doncaster Rovers.........

Kibs

Torrid time last season, infamous transfer policy, relegated on a measly 36 points and a -37 goal difference but stuck it out with Saunders who I thought was a cert for the chop.

Currently sitting 2nd in League 1, going well and playing some good football.

I don't know what the answer is with McInnes (Stick or Twist) but just wanted to point out that IF we did go down, and IF we did stick with McInnes, it might not be the end of the world ;)

COYR's

I don't understand the argument that relegation is OK: because we can just get promoted again.

It's like playing Russian roulette with more than one bullet.

Or saying its OK to lose your house, because you will buy it back again in a few years.

If nothing else, relegation will be an excuse to finally get rid of the crap.

We would struggle. We would have to try and get rid of half our squad. Of course with tehm being on relatively high wages, and FFP hitting home at most clubs, could we get rid of our players to conform to FFP.

If a player has a good contract, he won't want to leave, when still under contract, to a team that will more than likely offer him a lower value contract.

If we go down we will be stuffed, and I believe we could go down again. if we are saddled with devt, can't shift players, get fined and ponts deduction for not following FFP, this house of cards will come crashing down.

Wanting us to go down is ludicrous in our curent situation with FFP in force next season at 60% of turn over in Div 1. if you want us to go down, then you need your head read!

Wanting us to go down is ludicrous in our curent situation with FFP in force next season at 60% of turn over in Div 1. if you want us to go down, then you need your head read!

Absolutely. Some quick maths I did on another thread concluded that we'd have to reduce our wage bill from £18 million to £6.5 million by the end of next season if we went down. Transfer embargo and fines would actually seem unavoidable to be honest, and I don't see why that couldn't potentially lead to a second relegation. That said, others could be in a similar sitiation to us and our wage bill forecast for next December presumably is less than £18 million.

The end is nigh!!

If there was a "Slit my wrist" smiley, I'd be using it.

Nobody said anything about "Wanting to go down".

Nobdy said we would easily bounce straight back.

I was just pointing out that last season, things were pretty horrendous for Doncaster but they stuck it out and now they are back on track.

Fair play to donny for sticking with their man, not many teams would have, I thought they were mad to get rid of SO'D, but they're doing OK now

People on here are very quick to point the gunsights at Del but the problems have been building up for years, and will take years to solve. But I believe that he will get there. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I believe, and I think it's time we had some stability in the management team.

The end is nigh!!

I was just pointing out that last season, things were pretty horrendous for Doncaster but they stuck it out and now they are back on track.

Big difference, Donnie were not under FFP this season, so the comparison is pointless, we will be playing under a whole new set of rules, which we agreed to, which could be our undoing.

if we go down, We will have to try and sell aalmost every player. if they don't want to go, and refuse to move. BANG then you can start cutting your wrists

The end is nigh!!

For every Donnie - there's a Coventry.

Some clubs do bounce back but the usual pattern is that the losing habit continues, and there's more danger of dropping straight through to L2 before the decline is halted.

As a supporter who was around in the 80's when we dropped straight through from the top flight to the bottom of the 4th division

in succesive seasons the thought of relegation is horrifying

Don't even think about it!

Big difference, Donnie were not under FFP this season, so the comparison is pointless, we will be playing under a whole new set of rules, which we agreed to, which could be our undoing.

if we go down, We will have to try and sell aalmost every player. if they don't want to go, and refuse to move. BANG then you can start cutting your wrists

League 1 clubs are already bound to FFP regulations this season , hence Swindon getting a transfer emabargo.

Financially i guess it needs to be looked at like this....will it cost more to get promoted from L1 or to avoid relegation from the Champ? Clearly there are other financial aspects to consider like attendances, sponsorship and TV revenues that would almost certainly be lower with relegation.

I would hope that players that are contracted for more than another season have some kind of relegation clause reducing there salary. Im just not sure about things at the mo. The pessimist tells me its the begining of the end, the optimist tells me its a new begining. Got a break a few eggs to make an omelette. Hmmmm.

There are 21 possible finishing positions in the Championship which guarantee at least Championship football the next season.

There are 3 possible finishing positions in League One which guarantee at least Championship football the next season.

I appreciate there's a little more than pure random chance involved in deciding the finishing positions of clubs but the simple numbers show it's 7 times easier to stay in the Championship than to win promotion back there.

There are 21 possible finishing positions in the Championship which guarantee at least Championship football the next season.

There are 3 possible finishing positions in League One which guarantee at least Championship football the next season.

I appreciate there's a little more than pure random chance involved in deciding the finishing positions of clubs but the simple numbers show it's 7 times easier to stay in the Championship than to win promotion back there.

... and also that we have as much chance of getting promoted to the Prem as relegated to League 1.

Hurray! I feel better already ....

Archived