IGNORED

Rovers Or Cardiff?

CheddarReds

Think I hates cardiff more but ask yourself how many would have turned up if Louis CAREY's testamonial had been against cardiff..... Granted it was probably as high as it was (despite the cost) as we hadn't played the gas in 5 years though...

Errr isn't that because they're generally above us? There was a whole load of stuff on here when they sold out, sorry I mean 'rebranded'. That's about all we can take the pee out odf them for...

they are above us at the moment, it wasn't so long ago that Cardiff were in the 4th tier and City V Rovers matches were a regular thing. back then nobody cared about Cardiff in rivalry terms. the gas are always being spoke about on here.

if someone asked the same question as the original post about 12 - 15 years ago you would have been laughed out the pub. fact is, just because we havn't played them for a while it doesn't mean the rivalry is dead. Pompey and Southampton went many years without playing eachother but the rivalry never faded with them 2. you can say the same about Blackburn and Burnley and Luton and Watford.

remember mid 90's when we hadn't played the gas for as while? then i think it was 96 we were in the same division and too many people turned up at the Gate with season ticket holders locked out? next time we are in the same division as the gas the same amount of interest will be generated. do you think if we went 5-10 years without playing Cardiff it will generate the same amount of enthusiasm? not a chance. we went a long time without playing Cardiff then when they were promoted to the 3rd tier it was a decent rivalry to look forward to, but nowhere near on a par with a game V the gas. a rivalry is a 2 way thing too, and a South Wales derby is a much bigger fixture for the redbirds than a severnside derby is.

We don't have any rivals in my opinion... Cardiff for all their shortcomings are now way beyond this club and Rovers are so far down I rarely remember there are two teams in Bristol. Cardiff would be the closet thing to rivals if we could get competitive in this league but that is obviously out of our reach.

The Sags historicaly, since thwir demise we did have a good spat playing Swindle and then Cardiff, Palarse, Reading more recently, would be great to have Baaadiff, Swindle and the Sags in one season again, but I dont wanna drop down, oh no.

Prem.Bardiff

Champ. Reds, Palarse

Leige 1 Swindle, Muff

Leige 2 Sags

I do miss the derbys, even

Archived