IGNORED

18 Million

woodred94

Whilst I'm no apologist for the board, that figure is for last season so will include David James, Kalifa Cisse and Damion Stewart who are rumoured to have been paid more than anyone now on our books.

Not forgetting Hunt , Johnson , Clarkson , JCR and the loan wages paid out for the likes of Bikey , Davis and McManus. The current wage bill will be a lot lower I'm sure but it's a crazy amount of money to have paid out for a club getting 13K crowds.

income was around 10 mill

This is the bit i don't get with football clubs, they will know pretty much what the income will be, in our case it should be based on 12-14k crowds. So how on earth can the professional people running the club be so far out with expenditure.

This is the bit i don't get with football clubs, they will know pretty much what the income will be, in our case it should be based on 12-14k crowds. So how on earth can the professional people running the club be so far out with expenditure.

If the board only spent what was coming into the club

No fees on players 3rd Div wages

Love to see how our fans would take that!!!

I'm with you, no thanks I'd rather our club was ambitious. Let the Gas count the pennies in the conference.

45 million reasons why this argument is flawed.

Portsmouth were ambitious too, they came within a Gnats testi of not having football at all, let alone conference football.

No thanks, I'd rather the club stood on its own two feet whether thats championship or league 1 or worse, the clubs finances are a disgrace right now. 1982 wasn't all that long ago, and they said never again?

I don't understand all this wailing about players wages. Our club doesn't operate in a little bubble, there are market forces that affect how much players get paid - if we don't pay what another club would for a target player we either don't get that player or hope that Del / SL can somehow convince them to come here for 'footballing' reasons (ha ha). My understanding is that we dont now have a lot of expensive dead wood at the club.

Play the youth / development boys? How long does anyone imagine a development player who came in and did the business would remain on lower wages before some other club came in and offered the going rate?

I don't understand all this wailing about players wages. Our club doesn't operate in a little bubble, there are market forces that affect how much players get paid - if we don't pay what another club would for a target player we either don't get that player or hope that Del / SL can somehow convince them to come here for 'footballing' reasons (ha ha). My understanding is that we dont now have a lot of expensive dead wood at the club.

Play the youth / development boys? How long does anyone imagine a development player who came in and did the business would remain on lower wages before some other club came in and offered the going rate?

Understand the climate but come on, the value for money is shit. Wages to League position is shit- especially when you set it against a variety of sides.

Archived