IGNORED

We Must Attack .........

the frampton balti

Because we evidently can not defend.

This was the recipe at the beginning of the season when we were picking up points. Lets get back to that formula and stop this ridiculous obsession with clean sheets..We will win and lose but we will pick up enough points. Rich stream of luck today by the sounds of things.

get the entertainment back , bums on seats smiles on faces win or lose relegation battle etc etc.

good post tfb and hopefully sir greg back next game along with skuse so onwards and upwards

I understand the need and love for Greg back. But why Skuse? He's proved over his career here since 2004 he is absolute dog shit and is a league 2 standard of player. 9 goals in 254 appearances from a midfielder is poor. Hopefully his contract is not renewed.

I understand the need and love for Greg back. But why Skuse? He's proved over his career here since 2004 he is absolute dog shit and is a league 2 standard of player. 9 goals in 254 appearances from a midfielder is poor. Hopefully his contract is not renewed.

That's not why he's in the team though, yes its a bonus for a midfielder to chip in with goals but not essential for a holding midfielder whose main job is the break up play and cover defensively. Claude Makalele never scored but was one of the most influential midfielders of recent time.

That's not why he's in the team though, yes its a bonus for a midfielder to chip in with goals but not essential for a holding midfielder whose main job is the break up play and cover defensively. Claude Makalele never scored but was one of the most influential midfielders of recent time.

I would not describe Skuse as a holding midfielder. Its hard to describe what kind of a midfielder he is apart from a poor one. He's not a creative/playmaker/defensive/box to box type midfielder. He sits in the midfield pondering about. Cannot pass a ball forward and as soon as he gets the ball either passes sidewards, backwards or loses it. Someone stated he has been offered 10k a week but wants 12. Sorry but for that much, I'd want a better class of midfielder, he should only be picking up half of that amount. Skuse has no idea how lucky he is to be playing in the NPC.

I would not describe Skuse as a holding midfielder. Its hard to describe what kind of a midfielder he is apart from a poor one. He's not a creative/playmaker/defensive/box to box type midfielder. He sits in the midfield pondering about. Cannot pass a ball forward and as soon as he gets the ball either passes sidewards, backwards or loses it. Someone stated he has been offered 10k a week but wants 12. Sorry but for that much, I'd want a better class of midfielder, he should only be picking up half of that amount. Skuse has no idea how lucky he is to be playing in the NPC.

thought skuse was playing really well this season up until the Peterborough game where greg got injured too

has affected woolly's form too

anyone agree?

Spot on, overrated, overpaid, would be glad to see him move on.

Bang on the money.

+1. Overrated player, has the occaisional good game but then is non existent for the next 10 or so. Be nice if we can get Danns or a player of his calibre permanently.

Aside from Danns, I think Skuse is the best midfielder we have. I accept that's a pretty poor indictment of our midfield and certainly I think we need to get much better players in to move the team on but, at the moment, I honestly think the team will be stronger for Skuse returning.

I actually agree but the real problem is that Skuse and Elliott have pretty much the same failings and Skuse has not really fulfilled his potential probably because we haven't found the correct partner for him, hopefully it might be Danns, but Skuse has to be far more aware of what is going on around him to improve.

I actually agree but the real problem is that Skuse and Elliott have pretty much the same failings and Skuse has not really fulfilled his potential probably because we haven't found the correct partner for him, hopefully it might be Danns, but Skuse has to be far more aware of what is going on around him to improve.

Spot on.

He has had great runs in the team. Does anyone remember his run at right back. He turned our defence around and was immense. His performance against Belamy V cardiff was one of the best defensive performances I have seen by any City player in the last 10 years. He was playing really well against Birmingham before he got crippled, and it was no coincidence that soon after he went off we conceded 2 goals. So no I dont think he is rubbish. He can be poor - but so can any player- yes even ryan bloody Giggs ( V Norwich)

I haven't read all this thread as I can't be arsed but Keith lemon's first post was enough for me to bite. League 2 player? I can bet that you have never played the beautiful game yourself because your post is laughable. Bringing up his goal to game ratio for me proves that you opinion means jack. Hes got a better goal to game ratio than Carrick, Makelele, Sergio busquets, Lucas Leiva. I take it you wouldn't want any of them in your team because they don't score goals. I bet you are one of those fans at the gate who boo's when we pass the ball backwards or moans when we are keeping possesion. Finally we have a midfielder in danns who will help show how good Skuse really can be. Skuse will leave this club one day and will be more successful elsewhere and will be appreciated by somebody else's fans.

I haven't read all this thread as I can't be arsed but Keith lemon's first post was enough for me to bite. League 2 player? I can bet that you have never played the beautiful game yourself because your post is laughable. Bringing up his goal to game ratio for me proves that you opinion means jack. Hes got a better goal to game ratio than Carrick, Makelele, Sergio busquets, Lucas Leiva. I take it you wouldn't want any of them in your team because they don't score goals. I bet you are one of those fans at the gate who boo's when we pass the ball backwards or moans when we are keeping possesion. Finally we have a midfielder in danns who will help show how good Skuse really can be. Skuse will leave this club one day and will be more successful elsewhere and will be appreciated by somebody else's fans.

Sorry Cole mate, I'm sure he didn't mean it.

Spot on. I cannot comprehend how so many City fans fail to recognise what a good player he his. Sure he has the odd poor game and misplaced pass, but I bet his ball retention is one of the best too. It's no accident that every manager we've had in recent years has played him ahead of others whenever he is fit.

I agree with the OP. I feel Del makes too many selection choices based on countering the opposition rather than playing our own game. There's too much tinkering, which breaks up partnerships and understanding throughout the team. Let's play our own attacking game and let them worry about us.

Archived