IGNORED

Best Ref We've Ever Had?

tezOfCity

No his whistle blew way before the ball went into the net

The ref had their players all over him and to blow to stop the game

Sheffield W were just bitter and unsporting

He was a good ref and will be marked well by the assessor

Were you at the game? I'll wait till i see it on TV but it didnt sound like the whistle blew "way" before he scored, hence the confusion. I agree it was the right decision though, even with a non-biased hat on its good to see a ref making a barve call like that.

But he's still my favourite ref of all time now. Apparantly he hasn't reffed a city game for 5 years, correct me if im wrong but werent we pretty good 5 years ago??? coincidence? or is he our lucky charm :superman:

Were you at the game? I'll wait till i see it on TV but it didnt sound like the whistle blew "way" before he scored, hence the confusion. I agree it was the right decision though, even with a non-biased hat on its good to see a ref making a barve call like that.

But he's still my favourite ref of all time now. Apparantly he hasn't reffed a city game for 5 years, correct me if im wrong but werent we pretty good 5 years ago??? coincidence? or is he our lucky charm :superman:

Yes I was at the game behind the goal where it happened

He definately blew his whistle

He controlled the game very well and did not put up with the pressure they were trying to put on him

On the way home from the game and yes I wish we had a ref like that every week.Having said that he did get it right most of the time but when you shout handball it is rarely given. I know if it had been reversed then I would say that the ref cost us so I feel a bit for the Wednesday fans.

Most of the Wednesday fans although bemoaning the ref admit that it was their players that were to blame. Some saying we are an appalling side and the fact that they lost to us means they are sure for the drop (Bit unfair that) Probably just what we would have said about them had it not been for the 2 goals at the end. This team certainly dont give up. Unfortunately the defence certainly dont sure up either. Can they ever stop panicking at the back this season?? Its not good for my health. The last 10 minutes of every game we're still in is torture.

Although getting two penalties and the opposition having a goal disallowed is extremely rare, I don't think that Wednesday can feel as hard done by as they clearly did at the final whistle.

The first one is a nailed on penalty.

The second to me (although it was down the far end so I wouldn't class myself as a perfect witness) looked like a handball that could go either way, similar to the one Wilson conceded earlier in the season. You always feel hard done by if they go against you, but you have to trust the referee's judgement on such calls.

As for the incident at the end they only have themselves to blame. I'm not sure if Foster did handball it when he attempted a block and I would need to see it again on TV. However afterwards the ref is perfectly within his rights to blow the whistle and stop the game. How on earth is he meant to referee the game when he cannot see what is going on due to being surrounded by Wednesday players (think Llera was the main culprit).

Have to say if it wasn't such a nervous moment the incident near the end would have been pure comedy. The ref blows his whistle and gets surrounded by Wednesday players, Marv thinks it's a penalty so runs at the ref, a few City players realise what is going on so stop him. Then the only Wednesday player not surrounding the ref has gone to get the ball thinking it's a penalty which results in Albert and Pearson wrestling the ball off of him. Then to top things off in a situation where we should obviously be wasting time Heaton tries to take a quick free-kick and gets called back. Ridiculous!

Archived