IGNORED

I Hope Man City Are Punished.

Brizzle Jordan

Just watched the game in The Bay on Norrh Street as don't have Sky Sports and seriously you'd have thought we were in the heart of Manchester!

Get down the gate and support your local team, you glory hunting plebs!

A few here could take that advice.

Agree but.................being in the pub all afternoon drinking, instead of sitting freezing cold at the gate and spending your £30 on beer and not having the police filming your every move or nazi stewards telling you what to do probably helped. :icecream:

Ah, the Ashton Gate Experience. ;)

What is it with the new stewards?

HE WAS IN FRONT OF HIS OWN FANS.

At least he unlike some people he has shown immense class in the way he has handled the incident so far:- Ferdinand took to Twitter soon after the final whistle but played down the incident, writing: "What a result, 3 points! Sweet! Whoever threw that coin, what a shot! Can't believe it was a copper 2p....could have at least been a £1 coin!"

Esmond, I think you will find that just because tv pictures showed him by his own fans, it doesn't mean he didn't get there without a bit if goading.

He's an expert at it ;)

God, I hate watching Man United win. Disgusting club and Ferdinand - words cannot describe how much I dislike that bloke.

Not saying he deserved that, just on topic of the match, thank god I was at work for this game, it's only good when United lose.

The irony here is....where as I do agree with you....the one bloke who is a bigger knob then Rio....your forum username is named after him....

what you on about he did it himself trying to pull his shirt over his head.

got to admit, when shown live I thought the same and nearly pissed myself laughing.

Ah well, there is another idiot who is going to get a life ban. I'm wondering if he thinks it was worth it now. A inch lower and he could have been blinded. I can't stand the bloke, but he doesn't deserve that.

What happened isn't right, but why is it when man utd score they go very much over the top with there celebrations. Today was a bit excessive and they did the same at Chelsea, they do it most of the time.

What happened was wrong but surely man utd should be looked into for inciting the crowd.

Shouldn't all the man utd players who left the pitch be booked. I'm all for goal celebrations but there must be a fine line between celebrating and going over the top.

I took this post from Man City's forum Blue Moon.

I'm not condoning anybody getting coined, but the classless f@@wit brought it on himself, running directly to City fans, goading them. He did it down our end after their second too. By all means celebrate a last minute derby winner with your own fans and teammates.

What happened isn't right, but why is it when man utd score they go very much over the top with there celebrations. Today was a bit excessive and they did the same at Chelsea, they do it most of the time.

What happened was wrong but surely man utd should be looked into for inciting the crowd.

Shouldn't all the man utd players who left the pitch be booked. I'm all for goal celebrations but there must be a fine line between celebrating and going over the top

You're right. Van Persie took the free kick 20+ yards from the goal. Had the Man Utd players ran towards him to celebrate , there would have been no problem but they all ran behind the goal on the Man City fans side first rather than the other side of the goal where their fans were.

It doesn't make what happened right but as you say , they do it a lot.

Good to see the fan who ran on the pitch got nicked quickly and there was another fan nicked for racist chanting.Thats 2 in 2 days in the prem.

Shouldn't all the man utd players who left the pitch be booked. I'm all for goal celebrations but there must be a fine line between celebrating and going over the top.

To be air to United they'd just scored a last minute winner against their local/title rivals and especially after last season you can't really blame them for the over zealous celebrations. It was a massive win for them. Same as the Chelsea game where Chelsea could have gone 7 points clear had they had won. I think Sir Alex has always made a point for his team to celebrate together to show the bonding and unity of the team.

a highly dubious character, I really couldn't care if he's been struck by a coin.

ah, but what if that coin had hit someone else by accident... Say a ball boy, or st johns ambulance personel?

A coin is chucked to hurt someone, the amount of people in the vicinity ensures It's a bloody stupid thing to do.

ah, but what if that coin had hit someone else by accident... Say a ball boy, or st johns ambulance personel?

A coin is chucked to hurt someone, the amount of people in the vicinity ensures It's a bloody stupid thing to do.

it is a bloody daft thing to do, but the bottom line is it didn't hit a ballboy, it didn't blind ferdinand, and it's all much ado about nothing. with the amount of cctv at grounds, i'm sure the culprit is going to be nicked by tomorrow and handed a lifetime ban.

Yeah this sort of behaviour has no place anywhere in society. Only seen the clips on the news so can't really comment on goading the fans. But we all know this happens and the players should be told to show restraint in the celebrating in front of opposition fans, especially on big derby games like this.

Coin throwing is very dangerous with life changing consciences.

The most extreme case to my knowledge happened a three four seasons ago at a Chelsea game, not sure who they were playing, Liverpool possibly, anyway a coin was thrown and narrowly missed a Chelsea player a Mr Drogba.

He on seeing the coin picked it up and threw it back into the crowd!! Where of course it could of hit anyone.!!

What punishment do you feel he should have received for such an act???

After all his actions were utterly irresponsible.

I don't think personally he should have been picking up a pay cheque for £100k + more like his P45 !

Went walkabout today just to miss the footy, man u v man city...and stam v pickpockets...3-2 all round, what odds to get all three right ! city v owls 3-2....man ure v man yer joking 3-2......pickpockets v pwoper nawty 3-2.....anyone get the bet, ??

No, just Rooney to score first at 7/1 :)

You're right. Van Persie took the free kick 20+ yards from the goal. Had the Man Utd players ran towards him to celebrate , there would have been no problem but they all ran behind the goal on the Man City fans side first rather than the other side of the goal where their fans were.

It doesn't make what happened right but as you say , they do it a lot.

Good to see the fan who ran on the pitch got nicked quickly and there was another fan nicked for racist chanting.Thats 2 in 2 days in the prem.

The idiot who threw the coin should, and will, get a life ban. The behaviour of some football fans is a disgrace, and I don't condone any of it.

However, Man Yoo players ALWAYS goad opposition fans when they score - Rooney dives in front of the Man City fans when he scores, Hernandez did it to Chelsea and Villa fans recently. They're a classless bunch of ****wits managed by a classless, antagonising, albeit great manager. Supported by a bunch of glory-hunting brain-dead idiots.

Rio is the worst of the lot - he's a total plank, and I never condone what happened to him today, but he's a little kid in a 35-year-old's body. His inane Twitter comments, his goading of supporters, 'you've been merked'... The bloke's barely got 2 brain cells to rub together, he's an embarassment!

The idiot who threw the coin should, and will, get a life ban. The behaviour of some football fans is a disgrace, and I don't condone any of it.

However, Man Yoo players ALWAYS goad opposition fans when they score - Rooney dives in front of the Man City fans when he scores, Hernandez did it to Chelsea and Villa fans recently. They're a classless bunch of ****wits managed by a classless, antagonising, albeit great manager. Supported by a bunch of glory-hunting brain-dead idiots.

Rio is the worst of the lot - he's a total plank, and I never condone what happened to him today, but he's a little kid in a 35-year-old's body. His inane Twitter comments, his goading of supporters, 'you've been merked'... The bloke's barely got 2 brain cells to rub together, he's an embarassment!

Agreed Rio is a complete plank and I'm not a great admirer of some of his antics. I disagree that they always goad the opposition fans when they score though. If they score in front of them and run off into the corner (like players from any other team ie, Bale, Suarez, Gerrard, Billy Sharp :laugh:) to celebrate, is it their fault the opposition supporters can't take it? It's football and its what you have to deal with, conceding goals. It doesn't warrant having things thrown at you.

What I don't understand is the thought that Ferdinand didn't deserve a coin hitting him, yet people mention him being a plank... Idiot... What ever else was thrown at him.

Fact of the matter, he had the coin thrown at him, majority think it was wrong, but then make an excuse of sorts because he is a plank.

Either he deserved it or he didn't. Him being whatever you think of him, has no bearing on a coin tossed in his face.

What I don't understand is the thought that Ferdinand didn't deserve a coin hitting him, yet people mention him being a plank... Idiot... What ever else was thrown at him.

Fact of the matter, he had the coin thrown at him, majority think it was wrong, but then make an excuse of sorts because he is a plank.

Either he deserved it or he didn't. Him being whatever you think of him, has no bearing on a coin tossed in his face.

Of course, regardless on who it hit, people throwing things onto the pitch shouldn't be happening at football.

Archived