IGNORED

The Academy & An Exclusive Interview With Joe Morrell

The Exiled Robin

Last weeks financial results shine an increasingly bright light on the state & the future of the Academy, and the news of Joe Morrell - one of our brightest stars - turning down Liverpool was good timing indeed.

Here I take a brief view on the Academy, and have an exclusive interview with Morrell, finding out why he turned Liverpool down, who else we should be looking out for and get his view on the new set-up.

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/exclusive-interview-with-joe-morrell.html?m=1

The Exiled Robin

Thanks, good read.

As Joe himself says I don't think his decision was so much to do with 'turning Liverpool down'. Personally I think it would have been a no-brainer for him in reality. Join Liverpool's academy with hoards of other talented youngsters and probably never make the first team. Or stick with City and have a realistic opportunity of making the first team in the next couple of years. He made the right choice.

Exciting to hear he can play both as a holding midfielder and as an attacking one, and that he admires Xavi. If he's technically good then look forward to seeing him play asap to be honest. Sounds like he could be in the Noble/Alex Russell mould-anyone know?

Also where does Jack Batten play?

Batten is a centre back I think,

It show's how far the coaching and set up of the youth teams have come in such a short space of time, this is probbily why the majority of fans still support mcinnes and can see what he's trying to do,

Johnson had to do the same and in the end that didn't turn out to bad

Archived