IGNORED

Fighting Culture

The Humble Realist

After events at man city...

Why do fans (especially younger ones) fight or believe they should?

Why do fans (in east end for example) charge at the stewards by the segregation...what does it achieve?

This isn't a post to provoke argument...more a question of interest ....to try n get in their heads. Surely its more than booze n rivalry.

Why do fans (in east end for example) charge at the stewards by the segregation...what does it achieve?

This isn't a post to provoke argument...more a question of interest ....to try n get in their heads. Surely its more than booze n rivalry.

Because they know it won't succeed and they won't get hurt, if the stewards stood aside and said 'go on then get on with it', they would shit themselves.

Manhood? test of metal? Im too hippie like to bother myself, too laid back plus I couldnt punch my way out of a paperbag anyway. Leave it to the kids to embarras themselves :)

I would venture a guess that it is a way of venting our inner caveman. We are predators, as well as highly territorial (most wars are caused by this). However in modern society, it is unacceptable to punch someone or fight. However, when another football team comes to town, it's like our territory is being invaded. So we intimidate using the mob for protection. It is for this reason that people (including myself) say things at the football at opposition fans and players that outside of the ground you would never dream of saying, because we're nice people right?

Edit: I, like 'Beyond the red sea' have never fought anyone and i too could not fight my way out of the fore mentioned paper bag

Man has always felt the need to fight, even in the early days when they fought over the freshly killed dinosaur.

Think football violence is more tribal, travelling to someone elses manor to try and 'take it' as the saying goes.

The adrenalin rush you get before a ruck or travelling to one, is better than any drug on the market.

BCAGFC

I would venture a guess that it is a way of venting our inner caveman. We are predators, as well as highly territorial (most wars are caused by this). However in modern society, it is unacceptable to punch someone or fight. However, when another football team comes to town, it's like our territory is being invaded. So we intimidate using the mob for protection. It is for this reason that people (including myself) say things at the football at opposition fans and players that outside of the ground you would never dream of saying, because we're nice people right?

Edit: I, like 'Beyond the red sea' have never fought anyone and i too could not fight my way out of the fore mentioned paper bag

Within lies the answer, segregation made from paper bags...simples

I would hope that most Bristol City, Man City or any fan of any team would never throw objects or attack an opposition player...I know it's reported that many objects were thrown at the Etihad (esp at Rooney) but surely we're dealing with a few idiots not the majority. If I saw someone doing that at AG, I would tell them to pipe down and report them to a steward/the police. That doesn't mean fans have to tone down their "passion" just that there's a line that shouldn't be crossed

Man has always felt the need to fight, even in the early days when they fought over the freshly killed dinosaur.

Think football violence is more tribal, travelling to someone elses manor to try and 'take it' as the saying goes.

The adrenalin rush you get before a ruck or travelling to one, is better than any drug on the market.

BCAGFC

we've come a long way from freshly killed dinosaur buddy! I'd say something is missing in someone's life if they get their "rushes" from fighting

BCAGFC

Impossible, but you knew that really, right?

Younger ones? Hang on a minute. I'm no hooligan but by the sounds of it, back in the ' old days ' it was much much worse than it is now.

You old sods can't say anything! ;)

Is it not just the excitement after scoring a goal?? Some fans stand and clap and may even smile others go mental and naturally are drawn towards the enemy (away fans)....

BCAGFC

HAHA WTF? Suggest you read up on your human history rather than get it from the Flintstones...

yay here she is! Better late than never.If your quick, there's a whole thread on our fans actions at Sheffield Wednesday, that has some serious high ground to invade!

Once a thug - always a thug. Why do you need football as your conduit? Is it because you have police and stewards to protect you?

Sexist as well it appears...

Archived