IGNORED

Albert In Ghana Squad For African Cup Of Nations

hinsleburg

Tournament runs from 19th Jan to 10th Feb with players usually leaving in early Jan for training camp.

We may have to ask for permission for Albert to leave after the Blackburn FA Cup game but he will definitely miss 3 games in Jan and potentially 2 in Feb depending how far Ghana progress.

Step up Anderson...

Good for Albert, and that could be enough to put off potential suitors, well until the end of the season at least.

Big blow to us in the short term though - even if Anderson does 'step up' he'd have to make an incredible immediate impact to make up for us being without our best player for so long.

Wes Burns is a Striker isnt he? What is this general obsession of our fans of putting strikers on the wing? Some want Davies Out their, yet many of the same people moan when Stead, and Pitman have ended up there in the past.

As for ACON, if he goes, he goes. We may have to start playing properly. It may actually be a good thiing as we wont be reliant on him to do everything!

According to djb6162 on the Wes Burns thread , he plays RW / ST. Something tells me he would know.

Wes Burns is a Striker isnt he? What is this general obsession of our fans of putting strikers on the wing? Some want Davies Out their, yet many of the same people moan when Stead, and Pitman have ended up there in the past.

As for ACON, if he goes, he goes. We may have to start playing properly. It may actually be a good thiing as we wont be reliant on him to do everything!

He's a right winger who can play up front

Yannick Bolaise has confirmed he will not go to the cup of nations if called up for congo. Having far too good a time in south london!

Im not knocking albert because i think to play for ghana and perhaps even come back with an acn winners medal is an amazing opportunity.

club versus country depends on the club and the country. I dont think its an easy decision particularly as he may well end up being a bench warmer.

Personally i would rather him in the england squad.... he is a lambeth boy after all!

Yannick Bolaise has confirmed he will not go to the cup of nations if called up for congo. Having far too good a time in south london!

Im not knocking albert because i think to play for ghana and perhaps even come back with an acn winners medal is an amazing opportunity.

club versus country depends on the club and the country. I dont think its an easy decision particularly as he may well end up being a bench warmer.

Personally i would rather him in the england squad.... he is a lambeth boy after all!

yep good point but I don't want him to go because he's one of our best players but in turn I do want him to go for the experiance and the extra million it would add to his price tag

Archived