IGNORED

Danns - "i'm Thoroughly Enjoying My Time Here"

Derk94

Should we bid for Danns?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this topic has appeared on the forum before but after reading the short interview on the OS I wanted to know what people's opinions were on trying to buy Danns in January, as he seems like he is happy here. Personally I would try and pull out all the stops to keep him. He is a class player and has been consistently good at championship level.

He has to stay, but if thats a loan or perm deal im not sure. I guess a lot may now come down to financials going into next season.

Could be a safer move to loan til the end of the season just in case we do go down, id imagine its unlikely he would want to ply his trade at L1 when he is a capable Champ player. Could be a good sign if he does sign perm, maybe that would show he has confidence in the team to stay up?

Then there is the chance that he shines for us, plays a good part in us staying up and come the summer gets snapped up by someone else on a perm deal....not an easy call to make.

Ive voted for loan til the end of the season.

Thinking about it, I remember seeing a couple of days ago Jon Lansdown saying McInnes had their full backing in January. I wouldnt be surprised if we make a bid, especially seeing as McInnes wants to win the fans back and if he knows Danns is a fan favourite then who knows

I'd try and get him on loan until the end of the season.

However if we do find ourselves in a position either in January or the summer where we are offering him a contract I am afraid we are not in a position that we can 'pull out all the stops'. Sell the club to him, assure him regular football, make him aware of what a beautiful part of the world he would moving to of course, but when it comes to wages we have to decide what we think he is worth and offer him that and no more. If he decides he can do elsewhere then good luck to him and onto the next target.

To be honest it was a pity GJ didn't try to sign him instead of Trundle, but hey ho better late than never, i'm also intrigued to see what will happen when Skuse returns, will DMC use Skuse and Elliott as he did prior to the Skuse injury? or will he try to keep Danns and pair him up with Skuse? IMO Skuse has never had the correct partner to bring the best out of him, perhaps Danns is that partner, of course that assumes that Skuse is staying with us.

To be honest it was a pity GJ didn't try to sign him instead of Trundle, but hey ho better late than never, i'm also intrigued to see what will happen when Skuse returns, will DMC use Skuse and Elliott as he did prior to the Skuse injury? or will he try to keep Danns and pair him up with Skuse? IMO Skuse has never had the correct partner to bring the best out of him, perhaps Danns is that partner, of course that assumes that Skuse is staying with us.

Danns is a midfielder and Trundle was a striker.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1681067" data-time="1355513498"><p>

Danns is a midfielder and Trundle was a striker.</p></blockquote>

Yes, I think Es is saying it would have been good to see us spend the money we did on a striker we didn't need or use properly on a midfielder like Danns.

I think we had a pretty decent midfield back then, Noble was good, Elliot was flying, LJ was a much better player than given credit for.

Also, Trundle might not have been the biggest success at City, but he took us to Wembley. He was great that day!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jordan Tansley" data-cid="1681068" data-time="1355514380"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1681067" data-time="1355513498"><p><br />

Danns is a midfielder and Trundle was a striker.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Yes, I think Es is saying it would have been good to see us spend the money we did on a striker we didn't need or use properly on a midfielder like Danns.<br />

I think we had a pretty decent midfield back then, Noble was good, Elliot was flying, LJ was a much better player than given credit for. <br />

<br />

Also, Trundle might not have been the biggest success at City, but he took us to Wembley. He was great that day!</p></blockquote>

Truns was a quality player who more than repaid the fee the club paid by scoring the goals to take us to Wembley.

As much as I admired Gary Johnson for what he did for us it was his inability to get the best out of players like Magic Daps, Brian Wilson and Evander Sno on a consistent basis which will always be a regret for me .

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Swede" data-cid="1681126" data-time="1355559303"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jordan Tansley" data-cid="1681068" data-time="1355514380"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1681067" data-time="1355513498"><p><br /><br />

Danns is a midfielder and Trundle was a striker.</p></blockquote><br /><br />

<br /><br />

Yes, I think Es is saying it would have been good to see us spend the money we did on a striker we didn't need or use properly on a midfielder like Danns.<br /><br />

I think we had a pretty decent midfield back then, Noble was good, Elliot was flying, LJ was a much better player than given credit for. <br /><br />

<br /><br />

Also, Trundle might not have been the biggest success at City, but he took us to Wembley. He was great that day!</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Truns was a quality player who more than repaid the fee the club paid by scoring the goals to take us to Wembley.<br />

As much as I admired Gary Johnson for what he did for us it was his inability to get the best out of players like Magic Daps, Brian Wilson and Evander Sno on a consistent basis which will always be a regret for me .</p></blockquote>

Brian Wilson?

I think Danns can do a job for us for a couple of seasons. He may not be the youngest, but what he offers/contributes to the team has had a noticeable effect on our performances for the better. I dont think the age factor is as big an issue for a central midfielder; Danny Murphy for instance produced some his best football in his 30s

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Swede" data-cid="1681126" data-time="1355559303"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jordan Tansley" data-cid="1681068" data-time="1355514380"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1681067" data-time="1355513498"><p><br /><br />

Danns is a midfielder and Trundle was a striker.</p></blockquote><br /><br />

<br /><br />

Yes, I think Es is saying it would have been good to see us spend the money we did on a striker we didn't need or use properly on a midfielder like Danns.<br /><br />

I think we had a pretty decent midfield back then, Noble was good, Elliot was flying, LJ was a much better player than given credit for. <br /><br />

<br /><br />

Also, Trundle might not have been the biggest success at City, but he took us to Wembley. He was great that day!</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Truns was a quality player who more than repaid the fee the club paid by scoring the goals to take us to Wembley.<br />

As much as I admired Gary Johnson for what he did for us it was his inability to get the best out of players like Magic Daps, Brian Wilson and Evander Sno on a consistent basis which will always be a regret for me .</p></blockquote>

Brian Wilson?!

How on earth can he be mentioned in the same breath as Trundle and Sno?!

Archived