IGNORED

Pay What You Can At Brentford

glynriley

When Radiohead did something similar for their 'In Rainbows' album they claim to have ended up making more per unit than they would have done selling the album conventionally. Completely different circumstances but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose a tonne of money

difference there would be that a lot of radiohead fans thought they were being offered a quality product, which they'd likely enjoy. how many city fans currently feel that the performance they'd see on a saturday would a) be worth thirty quid plus expenses or b) would bring them that amount of enjoyment

plus its a bit unfair to the ST holders who have already paid a certain amount.

difference there would be that a lot of radiohead fans thought they were being offered a quality product, which they'd likely enjoy. how many city fans currently feel that the performance they'd see on a saturday would a) be worth thirty quid plus expenses or b) would bring them that amount of enjoyment

plus its a bit unfair to the ST holders who have already paid a certain amount.

That argument is used quite a bit but I don't get it. Surely for a one-off match ST holders wouldn't begrudge their club running an incentive scheme such as this, especially if it leads to increased fan take up further down the road which would depend on a good performance on the day perhaps. Good on Brentford I reckon

That argument is used quite a bit but I don't get it. Surely for a one-off match ST holders wouldn't begrudge their club running an incentive scheme such as this, especially if it leads to increased fan take up further down the road which would depend on a good performance on the day perhaps. Good on Brentford I reckon

Most of us work something along these lines, I think. Several cheap deals per season pull in crowds for important or quiet matches without fundamentally undermining the main attraction of a ST - being cheaper over the season.

If SO many were done that the price equivalent was close, I would start questioning the VFM of a season ticket (because you pay it all upfront instead of being able to pay per match) - but I don't think the club ever have (or would) get close to that point

What a brilliant idea, especially for a game on Black Saturday. For a club like Brentford to have already sold 5500 shows what a success it is proving. I am a ST holder but would support this idea. City usually play better with a big crowd and this initiative would certainly boost the gate.

Archived