IGNORED

Ryan Taylor What Exactly Does He Had

MC RISK77

Hi all,

i am starting this topic to ask fewllow reds exactley their opinion in Ryan Taylor, I have not been a regular visitor to the gate this year infact my only game was the home defeat to leeds, i relinquished my season ticket in the summer due to the last 3 seasons of turgid football and non existant atmosphere and entertainment.

However i would like to know of peoples opinions of Taylor, he seems to have started moregames than any of our strikers but from my reckoning has only returned the meagre total of 2 goals......i know he is a target man and by right you wouldnt expect him to score a hatful like a genuine number 9, but 2 goals is a meagre return even for a target man....

does anyone else a partnership of baldock and davies will at least make us look more dangerous and negate the long ball to the big target man....

Believe me i am a big fan of big man little man partnerships, i started following city around the time of taylor/turner and love this method of play, but i would also expect a better goals return from your target man

Be interested to hear thoughts

Thought Taylor was our best player 1st half, remember he's still only young and if he could add goals to his game would be a real handful.

+1

He did what he had to do, it isn't his fault that Baldock and the midfield were at least 20 yards away from him when he won the ball.

He puts the effort and does his job in every game.

He was taken off and we lost our aerial thread, Davies isn't the same style of player.

BCAGFC

What does he add? Nothing.

1 goal and 2 assists in all the games he has played this season is awful and shows how ineffective he is. Who cares whether that is his fault, or someone elses but he needs to get out of the team to be replaced by a striker like Davies who actually shoots and scores. You get no points for being neat and tidy, especially up front.

+1

He did what he had to do, it isn't his fault that Baldock and the midfield were at least 20 yards away from him when he won the ball.

He puts the effort and does his job in every game.

He was taken off and we lost our aerial thread, Davies isn't the same style of player.

BCAGFC

Taken off due to injury

Find it hard to believe that some people say we might "hoof the ball" up to Taylor. All I saw today was people passing it backl to Fontaine who then gave it to one of their players or who passed it sideways....more "hoofing the ball" forward is needed if we are going to ever win a game.

Taylor is a fabulous player. He holds the ball up well, gets room for the smaller, weaker strikers and bullies defenders.

He did the same for Adam Le Fondre at Rotherham the season before we bought him. He only got about 10 goals but got about 20 asists. In my opinion, a top player.

Yeah, but thats league 2.. this is the championship..

Ineffective? Hasn't he played in all our wins so far, he doesn't necessarily get assists but does lay it back or out wide for someone to then cross it/play a killer ball. Anyone who thinks he's ineffective is as clueless as Mciness

He's played in most of our bloody losses aswell.

Would you rather play Taylor up front than a goalscorer like Davies?

I really rate Taylor, he's great at taking the ball on his chest or at his feet and bringing others into play. If we utilised these attributes effectively he would create more chances, however he spends most of his time trying to make something of Foster's, Fontaine's or McManus' aimless punts forward.

thanks all, much as i thought this man doesnt offer much in comparison to our other forwards.....i would much prefer stead in a target man role, he was one of the main reasons we stayed up last year and if you have to play a target man he should be first name on the team sheet

You and me must watch a different Jon Stead. The one I see huffs and puffs, but for his size he's weak at holding on to the ball and not particularly good in the air.

I thought today we looked a lot better going forward with Taylor on the pitch than Davies. With our lack of quality and movement in midfield, we need his aerial presence as an outlet. As others have said, he is adept at getting the ball down and retaining possession for us in the opposition half, allowing us to build attacks rather than just hitting and hoping.

Anyone else think that Taylor very nearly had a goal of the season today?

I think it was Elliot who headed the ball on to Taylor's shoulder, after Albert made a cross. Taylor looked like he was about to make a overhead kick as he let the ball run down himself, but one of the Derby players charged into him and knocked him off balance. I got that feeling you get in your stomach when you're sure there's going to be an amazing goal. It was never to be though :(

He's not got enough quality to lead the line at this level, he might get his head on things sometimes but we don't retain the ball much when we hoof it at him. He also has zero creativity and goal threat.

Sorry, he's a player I'd love to do better because he tries hard and works, but he doesn't actually achieve much on the pitch.

Hi all,

i am starting this topic to ask fewllow reds exactley their opinion in Ryan Taylor, I have not been a regular visitor to the gate this year infact my only game was the home defeat to leeds, i relinquished my season ticket in the summer due to the last 3 seasons of turgid football and non existant atmosphere and entertainment.

However i would like to know of peoples opinions of Taylor, he seems to have started moregames than any of our strikers but from my reckoning has only returned the meagre total of 2 goals......i know he is a target man and by right you wouldnt expect him to score a hatful like a genuine number 9, but 2 goals is a meagre return even for a target man....

does anyone else a partnership of baldock and davies will at least make us look more dangerous and negate the long ball to the big target man....

Believe me i am a big fan of big man little man partnerships, i started following city around the time of taylor/turner and love this method of play, but i would also expect a better goals return from your target man

Be interested to hear thoughts

Not as good as Enoch Showunmi. Taylor shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the first team unless we find ourselves in League Two.

Taylor is a fabulous player. He holds the ball up well, gets room for the smaller, weaker strikers and bullies defenders.

He did the same for Adam Le Fondre at Rotherham the season before we bought him. He only got about 10 goals but got about 20 asists. In my opinion, a top player.

Ha ha, what does that make Van Persie then.

As already mentioned, you only had to look at Connor Salmon's performance to see how a striker should lead the line

Archived