IGNORED

Blood, Sweat And Tears...passion!?

PFree

Having read Harry Redknapp's comments relating to what he expects from every one of his players during every minute they now play for QPR, it made me realise just how little passion, effort and commitment there ever is on our pitch..?

I have no problem watching a side lose providing they have put maximum effort in but once again we left today having observed little of it? When was the last time of our players earned a yellow card through a rash tackle caused by really wanting it..?

Ashton Gate has become a place sides love to come to as the atmosphere is crap, and in reality, they don't have to work too hard to take three points home with them?

All I can say is that for large spells of the game today Derby wanted it far more than we did with excellent movement, effort and desire?

I guess after the game the players go home in their supercars, to their posh homes as they get ready for a lavish Christmas party this evening - they also look forward to huge wage packets whatever happens - I guess it's OUR club we are worried about but to them they play for a club in Bristol for a period of time and live away from home before they go elsewhere and earn even more money before eventually making their way back home to THEIR home club!?

I've been a supporter of Delboy since he arrived but after watching players delivering so little week after week and still being named in the starting line up, I'm sorry but he has to take ownership of what's happened to OUR club...

Having read Harry Redknapp's comments relating to what he expects from every one of his players during every minute they now play for QPR, it made me realise just how little passion, effort and commitment there ever is on our pitch..?

I have no problem watching a side lose providing they have put maximum effort in but once again we left today having observed little of it? When was the last time of our players earned a yellow card through a rash tackle caused by really wanting it..?

Ashton Gate has become a place sides love to come to as the atmosphere is crap, and in reality, they don't have to work too hard to take three points home with them?

All I can say is that for large spells of the game today Derby wanted it far more than we did with excellent movement, effort and desire?

I guess after the game the players go home in their supercars, to their posh homes as they get ready for a lavish Christmas party this evening - they also look forward to huge wage packets whatever happens - I guess it's OUR club we are worried about but to them they play for a club in Bristol for a period of time and live away from home before they go elsewhere and earn even more money before eventually making their way back home to THEIR home club!?

I've been a supporter of Delboy since he arrived but after watching players delivering so little week after week and still being named in the starting line up, I'm sorry but he has to take ownership of what's happened to OUR club...

Pretty much agree with every word of that mate.

Agree with everything, but I am sure that the atmosphere you describe is down to 9 games without a win.

100% got it. There were two players that showed any real passion today, Albert start to finish, and Davies second half. Maybe Danns. The rest were an embarrassment.

Players shouldn't need motivation to do what they do, the fact they clearly haven't got motivation is down to the manager. Whether its because they're the wrong players or the right players not being properly managed, it all comes back to the same thing.

Players shouldn't need motivation to do what they do, the fact they clearly haven't got motivation is down to the manager. Whether its because they're the wrong players or the right players not being properly managed, it all comes back to the same thing.

My mates and I have just been having the exact same debate - but my view is the players are responsible. The manager is there to turn 100% into 105%. The players aren't at 100% yet. Today's performance doesn't need a manager, it needs 11 footballers to actually turn up. Sack him and give them all another year. Idiocy. Get rid of the vermin before you get rid of the landlord.

My mates and I have just been having the exact same debate - but my view is the players are responsible. The manager is there to turn 100% into 105%. The players aren't at 100% yet. Today's performance doesn't need a manager, it needs 11 footballers to actually turn up. Sack him and give them all another year. Idiocy. Get rid of the vermin before you get rid of the landlord.

Hear what you say mate but seriously, the manager hasnt got it.

We could have Messi and Tevez and Ronaldo and whoever you like and this guy would turn them into planks. I've never openly criticized a manager before, thats how strongly I feel.

I didn't attend today. I don't know when I will go again, even though I have a s/t. The Wolves debacle was the final straw. I agree wholeheartedly with the original post on this thread and after almost 40 years I am falling out of love with City. Too many flash motors in the carpark, too many mopeds on the pitch. Unlike many who post on OTIB, I don't believe that my love for my club is unconditional and I will not profess blind loyalty and continued support in the face of such gutless, spineless, soulless displays by players who appear to be glad to bank the wedge without actually putting in a meaningful shift to earn it!! I'm staggered how mute the board and Stephen Lansdown have been. I read that the club is approx. £41M in debt, yet the men running it seem to accept extremely well paid employees letting the firm down week in week out without a murmur of disapproval!!! We have been sliding steadily since Wembley and now the sliding is gatherring real momentum.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that City will be relegated and that demotion will be an absolute disaster in terrms of lost revenue, lower attendances and diminished status. Not maintaining Championship status will undermine efforts to secure the new ground, further reducing City's capacity to generate decent income on a continuing basis, not just via the odd concert and 23-30 matches a year. The blame for that does not lay at the feet of the fans, but with the board, the owner and the football management, who have thrown good money after bad, sanctioning bad footballing decisions, in terms of contracts and managers/staff recruitment and dismissals, and recruitment of players who are either simply not good enough for this level or do not have the guts and/or pride to consistently deliver what they are capable of delivering on the pitch. There is a fug of apathy around AG in my opinion, if not complacency then desperation as the club seems rudderless and bent on throwing away what it took 9 seasons to regain. I am prepared to wager too that we would not do a 'Norwich' or 'Southampton' and bounce back bigger and better after one season back in League One. History, and the weight of the club's debts, suggests a fire sale, hugely reduced scope in terms of recruitment and development and another decade visiting Boundary Park, Huish Park and Griffin Park. Unhappy days? You bet!!!

Agree with everything, but I am sure that the atmosphere you describe is down to 9 games without a win.

Considering city lose far more games than they win at home and they have a midfield that barely has a tackle in it the atmosphere should be far far worse. city get bossed by the opposition nearly every week at home it might b ebetter if fans did have a pop at them for it to get a reaction.

Blood sweat and tears from a City player? last time i seen that was forest away, great team performance. Louis Carey is needed back in the team.

Very true, Louis looks like he always puts in full effort as it is HIS club as well as ours so he wants to work his backside off to make this club succeed. That forest game was a great game to watch and Carey was the star man. Even your profile pic shows the effort he put in in that game with the massive cut on the side of his head.

In thirty plus years of watching City I have not seen as many people leave Ashton Gate before half time as they have v Derby and Wolves. Mcinnes said something along the lines that fans wanted the players to play like fans. There are fans who could put in more effort to close down and harry opponents than these "professionals".

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Olé" data-cid="1682107" data-time="1355611357"><p>

My mates and I have just been having the exact same debate - but my view is the players are responsible. The manager is there to turn 100% into 105%. The players aren't at 100% yet. Today's performance doesn't need a manager, it needs 11 footballers to actually turn up. Sack him and give them all another year. Idiocy. Get rid of the vermin before you get rid of the

It's the manager's job to make the players perform. And that's true of any industry. If they don't, it's the manager's job to move them on.

100% got it. There were two players that showed any real passion today, Albert start to finish, and Davies second half. Maybe Danns. The rest were an embarrassment.

To say players having no motivation is the managers fault is a total joke

If the players cant motivate themselves we have problems

Being a sports man they should be able to walk onto the pitch wanting to win without being told so

To say players having no motivation is the managers fault is a total joke

If the players cant motivate themselves we have problems

Being a sports man they should be able to walk onto the pitch wanting to win without being told so

I think it was nine members of the squad yesterday were Mcinnes signings. Mcinnes cannot motivate his own signings to play at anywhere near a consistent level. It is his team, and it is his tactics they are supposed to be following.

When was the last time you saw City's players hunting down the opposition when in possession? His team even lacks energy.

I think it was nine members of the squad yesterday were Mcinnes signings. Mcinnes cannot motivate his own signings to play at anywhere near a consistent level. It is his team, and it is his tactics they are supposed to be following.

When was the last time you saw City's players hunting down the opposition when in possession? His team even lacks energy.

Yes blame the manager for poor tactics

But the players have to take the blame for lack of work ethic

I still stick to my point Players should able to motivate themselves and go out onto the pitch with a will to win

I still stick to my point Players should able to motivate themselves and go out onto the pitch with a will to win

Non league teams can still work hard, hunt down players in packs, keep a defensive shape, win their one on ones physically.

Mr Mcinnes has had the time, money and has numerous coaches at his disposal to install a collective work ethic into his team. Easy excuse "It's the players". He bought them and they should reflect his ideas.

I didn't attend today. I don't know when I will go again, even though I have a s/t. The Wolves debacle was the final straw. I agree wholeheartedly with the original post on this thread and after almost 40 years I am falling out of love with City. Too many flash motors in the carpark, too many mopeds on the pitch. Unlike many who post on OTIB, I don't believe that my love for my club is unconditional and I will not profess blind loyalty and continued support in the face of such gutless, spineless, soulless displays by players who appear to be glad to bank the wedge without actually putting in a meaningful shift to earn it!! I'm staggered how mute the board and Stephen Lansdown have been. I read that the club is approx. £41M in debt, yet the men running it seem to accept extremely well paid employees letting the firm down week in week out without a murmur of disapproval!!! We have been sliding steadily since Wembley and now the sliding is gatherring real momentum.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that City will be relegated and that demotion will be an absolute disaster in terrms of lost revenue, lower attendances and diminished status. Not maintaining Championship status will undermine efforts to secure the new ground, further reducing City's capacity to generate decent income on a continuing basis, not just via the odd concert and 23-30 matches a year. The blame for that does not lay at the feet of the fans, but with the board, the owner and the football management, who have thrown good money after bad, sanctioning bad footballing decisions, in terms of contracts and managers/staff recruitment and dismissals, and recruitment of players who are either simply not good enough for this level or do not have the guts and/or pride to consistently deliver what they are capable of delivering on the pitch. There is a fug of apathy around AG in my opinion, if not complacency then desperation as the club seems rudderless and bent on throwing away what it took 9 seasons to regain. I am prepared to wager too that we would not do a 'Norwich' or 'Southampton' and bounce back bigger and better after one season back in League One. History, and the weight of the club's debts, suggests a fire sale, hugely reduced scope in terms of recruitment and development and another decade visiting Boundary Park, Huish Park and Griffin Park. Unhappy days? You bet!!!

Couldn't agree more with that. Well said that man.

I was chatting in the boozer last night after another gutless, inept performance and I said that I couldn't remember the last time a player came of the pitch without their hair being out of place, looking like they could be sick after running themselves into the ground, and not knowing what colour their shirt or legs were as they were completely covered in mud.

Also when was the last time we saw a player kiss the badge on their shirt???

It really is looking like L1 football next season!

too many fans are ruining football, constant complaining even when we win. complain about atmosphere yet don't sing themselves.

Rovers have a better home record than city mate. walking up to the ground yesterday along duckmoor road you could here the EE loud and clear despite no home wins since august. the team killed the atmosphere again yesterday. City used to have Gows hutchinsons sheltons now who really wants it out there? Get in amongst put in a few challenges and the fans will respond.

Rovers have a better home record than city mate. walking up to the ground yesterday along duckmoor road you could here the EE loud and clear despite no home wins since august. the team killed the atmosphere again yesterday. City used to have Gows hutchinsons sheltons now who really wants it out there? Get in amongst put in a few challenges and the fans will respond.

Yeah the players have no excuses but then why should our fans make excuses, back them all the way even if half them aren't even trying because what will booing and chanting against them do? still yes at home we have played awful since blackburn and we need to win one of our next two home games atleast as they are both winnable.

If it was the first time a performance like this had occured then ok, But how many performances like this have we been subjected to this season?

Following the unprofessional performance of the previous home game against Wolves, look how many of the same players put in a similar performance yesterday?

Why are they in the team.

MANAGER

Can anyone name the spine/backbone of our team? all teams are generally built on either a strong defence or a strong spine throughout the team, we have NEITHER and also one of the most gutless captains I've ever witnessed

Yeah the players have no excuses but then why should our fans make excuses, back them all the way even if half them aren't even trying because what will booing and chanting against them do? still yes at home we have played awful since blackburn and we need to win one of our next two home games atleast as they are both winnable.

Go to barnsley and watford and listen to what passes for their support. back them all they way?? the support is miles better than other grounds were fans have far better teams. maybe city fans are too soft and should demand much more. All these home defeats are not a blip it is game after game city being second best not just in skill but also effort. If they show fans a bit of pride city fans have shown they will get behind them. the odd crunching tackle or players showing like they can be arsed is not that much to ask for.

This is the first time I can remember that I don't really care for a single player in that first team, none of them seem to give a shit and that comes down to having no leaders out there.

I would love some players in the Orr and Derry mould to come in and ruffle a few feathers in the dressing room, let them know their gutless performances are pathetic for grown men.

The sides work ethic is tactical. Sides should be drilled in mutually covering positions, pressing as a team, closing down space to force errors etc.

If the club is filled with players cannot achieve a basic core skill the person who recruited them should be in question.

This is the first time I can remember that I don't really care for a single player in that first team, none of them seem to give a shit and that comes down to having no leaders out there.

I would love some players in the Orr and Derry mould to come in and ruffle a few feathers in the dressing room, let them know their gutless performances are pathetic for grown men.

Carey apart none of them lead. No "you deal with the attacking, we will deal with him!" It is all so lame out there. We want a bit of bloody steak instead of limp salad.

Go to barnsley and watford and listen to what passes for their support. back them all they way?? the support is miles better than other grounds were fans have far better teams. maybe city fans are too soft and should demand much more. All these home defeats are not a blip it is game after game city being second best not just in skill but also effort. If they show fans a bit of pride city fans have shown they will get behind them. the odd crunching tackle or players showing like they can be arsed is not that much to ask for.

been to both this season and haha there support is laughable espically watford where the only noise from them is there mascot banging the drum. not saying ours is the worst, it clearly isn't just want it to be better and i know that inconsistent form doesn't help and half the players not giving a **** but it could be worse for us and were lucky to still be a championship team so we can't complain as were in a good divison for a finicial state.

As to the fans, be aware that the moronic mercenaries we employ as stewards are doing their damnedest to silence the EE.

Does the club know? Does the club care? Is there anyone at the club who has the remotest interest in the fans? Other than in taking their money, obviously :(

Archived